Why is Ventress not considered Sith?

Can someone tell me why Savage Opress is labeled "Sith" but Asajj Ventress isn't? Savage was barely trained by a failed apprentice for a couple of months, but Ventress was trained by an actual Sith for many years. Plus, she is considered a "Sith Assassin" and the actual character Sith Assassin is labeled as "Sith" so why is Ventress not a Sith in the game? Even the non-force sensitive Sith Trooper is labeled as "Sith"

Replies

• Another re-hash...

If you expect this thread to have a different result than all the others on this exact topic, you will be disappointed.
  • Roadburn12
    542 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Savage was trained by maul to be his apprentice and usurp the mantle of sith from sid/dooku. Aka trained from the start with the expectation of being a sith

Asajj was trained by dooku to be his personal assassin, never to take up the title of sith.

Trained by sith =/= a Sith

That's just how I understand it though
  • Because Dooku & Sid never considered her Sith material just a useful tool so never trained her in Sith ways.

Maul, who was a trained Sith, trained Savage in the Sith Arts as his apprentice causing Sid to view him as a rival lord and crush him. Rule of Two Sith would hunt other Sith or those claiming to be Sith and destroy them.

Sith Trooper & Assassin are Sith because they are members or the Sith Empire, a Society ruled by the Sith and their teachings. Within Old Republic the Rule of 2 doesn't exist.
  • Another re-hash...

If you expect this thread to have a different result than all the others on this exact topic, you will be disappointed.

I don't log onto the forums that much (like once every couple of months) so I haven't seen any other discussions on this topic
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Because ea/cg/Disney decided it to be so.
  • Another re-hash...

I don't log onto the forums that much (like once every couple of months) so I haven't seen any other discussions on this topic

A point indeed most don't venture passed the second page in the discussion.

From previous conversion the version of her we have is when she has returned to dathomir after being cast out by dooku who was under the orders of sidious ( who considered her under dooky as a threat)
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Not this again....
  • Another re-hash...

The search feature is great and could really use some love. No one seems to know how to use it though.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Belfazar wrote: »
    From previous conversion the version of her we have is when she has returned to dathomir after being cast out by dooku who was under the orders of sidious ( who considered her under dooky as a threat)

+1

The Ventress in game has no connection whatsoever with Dooku anymore, apart from the fact that she wants to see him dead.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Well, using the Canon novel Dark Disciple, Asajj was at one point a sith. However, the version we have is the one that existed in the 10 minutes between Dooku casting her aside and the Nightsisters re-adopting her in a single Clone Wars episode.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Same reason the inquisitors are not siths just dark side users
  • Never mind ventress not being a sith.. why haven't we got Jedi luke yet??

• And there goes the neighborhood.
  • Boom!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Can someone tell me why Savage Opress is labeled "Sith" but Asajj Ventress isn't? Savage was barely trained by a failed apprentice for a couple of months, but Ventress was trained by an actual Sith for many years. Plus, she is considered a "Sith Assassin" and the actual character Sith Assassin is labeled as "Sith" so why is Ventress not a Sith in the game? Even the non-force sensitive Sith Trooper is labeled as "Sith"

This is why
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    The version of Asajj we have in game currently will not be getting the Sith affiliation.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    According to the star wars website she is "An assassin trained in the ways of the dark side by Count Dooku, Asajj Ventress yearned to be considered a true Sith, but such status wasn't allowed under the Sith's Rule of Two." I always felt like she deserved the tag though for having sith affiliation
    http://www.starwars.com/databank/asajj-ventress
  • This thread didn't come up again this past week for the 100th time, I thought we were out of the woods... ah well.
  • It's that time of the month already? Time flies...
  • Related question: why doesn't Asajj have buffs/debuffs versus Dooku, and vice versa? He defeated her every time, but could never kill her. She somehow missed out on this dark side toon rework.
  • Regarding the Rule of Two
    635971434892005169473019248_tumblr_inline_ml69emC5Va1qz4rgp.gif
  • Related question: why doesn't Asajj have buffs/debuffs versus Dooku, and vice versa? He defeated her every time, but could never kill her. She somehow missed out on this dark side toon rework.

TBH - if she got some Sith defenses/evasion ability along with her cleanse she might see some love in the current meta... maybe.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/search?Page=p1&adv=&search=Ventress+Sith&title=&author=&cat=all&tags=&discussion_d=1&discussion_poll=1&comment_c=1&within=1+day&date=

Well, it's been at least a couple weeks since I saw this dead horse being beaten. Throw another one on the pile. I'm glad @Kyno has the dev quote loaded, and ready to paste now.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Related question: why doesn't Asajj have buffs/debuffs versus Dooku, and vice versa? He defeated her every time, but could never kill her. She somehow missed out on this dark side toon rework.
    but he did kill her