February release notes

Replies

• hi all!
    It's means Fives and Cad Bane do more damage, or...?
    Double Shot VFX for Cad Bane and CT555's basic attack has been improved so they shoot from the right gun for the double shot.
  • Erdath wrote: »
    hi all!
    It's means Fives and Cad Bane do more damage, or...?
    Double Shot VFX for Cad Bane and CT555's basic attack has been improved so they shoot from the right gun for the double shot.

Nope, just fixing the animation.
  • I'm wondering how many times this event will be offered.
  • @EA_Jesse Any update about the ETA?
  • Irul
    55 posts Member
    Hi all, new to the forum. I am very excited about this new release and the changes coming up. This game is really good and the improvements to the game since I started end of Dec have been good, even controversial GW. Excited about the events (even if i only have 4 jedis), and the changes to the char should change the meta.

CG, you guys are doing a good job, thanks and keep the good stuff coming!!!!!

For the jedi event, they say it will come back at regular times. Do we know if we will keep the shards we win even if we do not reach level 5* and unlock the new char?
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Please release this alreadyyyy!!!!!!!! UGH Ma God
  • I'm guessing a Monday release since they already said cantina shipments refresh will be switched to premium currency on Monday, and that is part of the patch notes on this update.
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Be great if Jesse could explain shard shop currency and exchange rates
  • I'm guessing a Monday release since they already said cantina shipments refresh will be switched to premium currency on Monday, and that is part of the patch notes on this update.

that actually makes sense..
  • Let's be honest We all know it's yoda but I think youshould make a Darkside character as well to balance it So so there will be two overpowered characters from light and dark
  • Be great if Jesse could explain shard shop currency and exchange rates

No need to explain prior to release. Once update is up and running, and we actually see how it works, we'll ask questions.

• I've noticed that major updates so far have been released on Tuesdays or Thursdays. So I'm guessing Tuesday if the bugs work out, Thursday if they need more time to test. Maybe it's just me, but Poe's expose has been very unreliable in the last 48 hours. Early fix?
  • Ello_Asty
    562 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I am most excited about the fix to the targeting system. I really need to learn to slow down - this just cost me a move up to the rewards in the Arena today. I was set to take down their first toon and touched the screen knowing my decision only to see the attack go on someone else. Completely changed the entire match following the immediate Lumi heal. Not happy.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • The update needs to include the following:

"The detailed character statistics screen will now list HP Steal"

Fixing it is great, don't get me wrong, but not being able to figure out whether you have it it will be a major pain.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    When is the update happening?
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • LoveLoveRice
    182 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    [*] Stage 2 requires five Jedi which are 2 Star or above, and so on up to Stage 7 which requires five Jedi at 7 Stars to get the final Shards needed to Promote the new character to 7 Stars! Once players have completed Stage 5, they will have enough Shards to Activate the new character at 5 Stars.

So If I have 5 7* Jedi and I complete all seven stages on day 1, I will have 7* "new hero"? Am I understanding that right.
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    [*] Stage 2 requires five Jedi which are 2 Star or above, and so on up to Stage 7 which requires five Jedi at 7 Stars to get the final Shards needed to Promote the new character to 7 Stars! Once players have completed Stage 5, they will have enough Shards to Activate the new character at 5 Stars.

So If I have 5 7* Jedi and I complete all seven stages on day ,1 I will have 7* "new hero"? Am I understanding that right.

Yes, that is correct
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    If i have 5 6* jedis and complete stage six will it be a 6* character?

• Yes, that is correct
    Thank you.
    Baldo wrote: »
    If i have 5 6* jedis and complete stage six will it be a 6* character?

Id assume so, if completion of 5* nets you the 5 star character and completion of 7*Nets you 7*.
    I really hope the new hero is an INT hero. Really sick of farming agility characters, seems like everyone is agility.
  • This is a great patch. Love the Jedi thi g, free player which will mean a lot of work. Here's hoping it's gods, that might change the free part.
  • Eris_Discordant
    223 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Mace Windu
    Mace Windu's kit was highly divergent, lacking synergy or focus that would allow him to play a clear role in combat. This overhaul should help him secure his identity as a heroic, high-pressure Tank that enemies will have to focus fire on to survive, even without a Taunt.
    • Basic ability reworked: Now deals 25~50% more damage while Mace is above 50% Health, and heals Mace for 50~70% of the damage dealt while Mace is below 50% Health
    • Unique ability reworked: At the start of each of his turns, Mace has a 30~60% chance to Expose a random enemy until the end of his turn. In addition, Mace gains 10~25% Turn Meter whenever he attacks an Exposed enemy.
    Can anyone explain the bolded part?
    Even at +50% damage, he isn't in the top 10--and everyone in the top 10 will probably have their own offensive buffs, which still puts him outside the top 10.

Of course if you want to kill ANYone in this game, you have to "focus them down" and if you want to win a battle you have to kill EVERYone, so therefore EVERY character must be "focused down."

So since that phrase is meaningless, what I assume is strongly implied by "even without a Taunt" is that you will have to focus Mace Windu down FIRST (aka Taunt), or prioritize him.

I don't see a single thing in here that will make that happen.*

Understand that you only have choices about who to focus down on offense, therefore for this discussion Mace would have to be on the defensive team.
    That is to say, Mace Windu will be controlled by the AI.

Is the AI going to always have Mace go after an Exposed enemy?
    That might--might-- make Mace annoying enough that they will kill him...IF an Expose appears. Which it won't, most of the time, at 30-60% less Tenacity.

* I'm not whining about the buff (kudos for giving him one!) I'm just saying that it doesn't achieve what is stated.

I have Mace now and like him okay.** But I would ignore him if I ever saw him on an opposing team, which I don't.

** Paired with Ima-Gun Di you can give him Defense Up pretty regularly so he hits at +75% damage a lot of the time. He's slow, which is bad, but it's good that he always acts after Ima-Gun Di, so there's that.
    Not saying he's good (he's not) but he's a lot closer to meh as long as he hangs around with Ima-Gun or somebody else who reliably gives Defense Up.
  • dragonrider764
    10 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Removed for EA TOS violation
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • I can see that if you let Mace live for 10 "rounds," the RNG for activation+Tenacity and random targeting will eventually cause you some grief.

But matches are effectively won/lost within 2 rounds. Even a long one only goes about 4.

Is EA / Jesse saying that the random chance that he MIGHT Expose someone EVEN ONCE (with his 109 Speed) so terrifying that you will be forced to kill him before anyone else on the team?

Remember, quasi-Taunt (implied Taunt via threat) only applies against a human player who can choose targets, therefore when Mace is AI-controlled.

When Mace is AI-controlled, who would prioritize him?

[Again, thanks for the buff. Just saying nothing here makes him a must-kill. Whether you kill him in Round 1, 2, or 3 it really won't make a difference, and since he's slow, he won't even act 3 times in a 3-round match before he's dead.]
  • Abyss wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Thank you. Looks like some impressively cool stuff.
    But reducing Poe's tenacity really misses the point. You didn't change his speed, taunt or turn meter reduction, so he's still going to be on every high-end team. Disappointing.
    Oh, and Asajj is now basically ruined. :(

Sadly
    I must agree, aasaj was far too slow to be much good before and now she can only self heal rather then heal the team so they are making her worse.............

I agree with you, the fact the oposing team has to have a positive buff for it to work should be punishment enough, considering the only other healer the dark side has is Talia and she hurts herself! Lol at least it doesn't grant 20% max health gain for 3 turns like Luminara. Asajj Ventress is still useful for getting ride of advantage and taunt but give us back our full party heal! Lol
  • Is the Jedi event going to be an on going thing for a while? It sounds like it's going to come and go but for who long? Does anyone know?
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Whennnnnnnnnnnn is the update happening? :smile:
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • I'd like to be able to see when my allies last logged in. Tapped Out is a game that does this. Would make it much easier weed out inactive players.

In the character screen, it'd be nice if tapping on abilities would show the current cooldown # and current damage %.
  • I'm not going to have enough jedis even if I unlock qui gon. Considering farming Poe to 6* for now... Not sure if that's a good idea with the nerf, although he will still be good it seems.
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • I'm not going to have enough jedis even if I unlock qui gon. Considering farming Poe to 6* for now... Not sure if that's a good idea with the nerf, although he will still be good it seems.

I would take break from Poe, that is what I did I stoped farming Poe from 6-7 to farm QGJ from 5-6
    and started spending all my arena shipments on Koth
    and been farming Barriss like crazy!! I know I won't make 5 7* but ill be happy with 6* team for first round
  • Alecationz wrote: »
    I'm not going to have enough jedis even if I unlock qui gon. Considering farming Poe to 6* for now... Not sure if that's a good idea with the nerf, although he will still be good it seems.

I would take break from Poe, that is what I did I stoped farming Poe from 6-7 to farm QGJ from 5-6
    and started spending all my arena shipments on Koth
    and been farming Barriss like crazy!! I know I won't make 5 7* but ill be happy with 6* team for first round

I made the marh and I think tou need 220 from 0 to 6*. Is this right? At 10 per day in Arena that means 22 days. Not gettibg Koth...needs 22 days. I'll keep farming Jedi's I like. I hooenthe gift char is nice but not indispensable.