Predefined squads for new events

I like the new events & think they are a step in the right direction. That being said, alot of us don't get the full experience from them due to us being 85, because we can just autobattle them.

A great solution would be providing a preset/pregeared squad tailored to the event. This would still let everyone have access while letting them experience other toons they may not own. It may require more balance testing than the current system, but it would allow us to get more out of these events that you spend the time to develop. You could even provide a small pool to choose from for some events.

Is this something you would consider looking into @CG_CapGaSP @CG_TopHat?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I don't think limiting our toons or the usable toons is the way to go.

It would be nice if there was a no reward unlimited attempt last tier with a high lvl of difficulty.

Or a 20 battle tier that scales each battle to an impossible difficulty at the end.

No need to really change ges current events just make them more difficult at the end
  • I see your point about not wanting to limit your roster access. After spending the time to acquire the characters most people want the choice to use them when events come around.

I'm not sure I agree as much on the difficulty though. All of the 3☆ character unlocking events have been pretty easy to the point where there is no strategy involved (autobattle & don't bother selecting targets). But I also understand that the events need to target a larger audience, so they can't be overly difficult.

I was just hoping to get a bit more out of the new events than I do with the current system. I appreciate that you put out some other ideas @Kyno, the 20 wave survival sounds cool. Doing an extra tier at the end could be cool also, although I would just take out character shards from the rewards for that (but give something else) & let people refresh it for crystals.
  • What about if they didn't limit you to just the predefined squad? Then they could increase the difficulty, still allow players to use their own toons if they choose, but give the option to use a team that is set up to show off the new toon.

Like for the nihilus event, we could have gotten a sith team to better showcase his leader ability or their synergies. Those with better developed rosters could try other combinations for the hell of it & talk about what they used for the event on the forums.

I'm wondering if it is too much of a code change to provide a full squad as ally toons rather than the single one they do currently, as well as give the option to build a squad from your own roster though. Kyno, or anyone really, can you provide some more feedback or additional ideas?
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    I don't think limiting our toons or the usable toons is the way to go.

It would be nice if there was a no reward unlimited attempt last tier with a high lvl of difficulty.

Or a 20 battle tier that scales each battle to an impossible difficulty at the end.

No need to really change ges current events just make them more difficult at the end

Personally I don't think its about difficulty... Seems like this new attempt with Ezra was to show case the character and abilities.

If the idea of the event is to actually show case the new toons and get starting shards into player hands... creating a set "event" squad is really the best way to do it.

The devs can set and test the exact expected usage scenarios. Making sure characters synergies and specials can be used to effectiveness. The current events are a snooze for higher end players, maybe that is the intention/expectation.

Now a system like this means that the multi-tiered difficulty is less useful. The same type of system could still exist just as a shard and reward event rather than a show off a new toon event.