Do a gear heist event every 10 days

Prev1
Darax_ren
363 posts Member
edited March 2017
It would be awesome and much needed if there was a "heist" style event for the gear salvages that we need thousands of, like stun cuffs salvages and mk3 holo projectors

This isn't about wanting a short cut to speed up the game for free either - I currently need 1500 stun cuff! I'm never going to not need stun cuffs. But just like the credit heist, having a regular boost to look forward to would help keep up the motivation once your roster gets huge.

Replies

• Gamezealot
    152 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Yeah, even with a credit heist, most of us are short of credits.

Making the gear grind slightly less painful with a regular gear heist would be most welcome, and it would definitely be something else to look forward to :smile:

• Zombie8mylunch
    146 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I think the the problem with accelerating gear acusition is that they don't want to accelerate new players too much and miss potential monitization. It would be nice to see something for long time players that would let you get those holo sensors and such that is level locked and difficult. Maybe when they push Lv 90 this year. I'd love a guild event that was an individual effort but gave better rewards based on how your guild did overall and your current level (so you can't gear boost new players)
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    +1

Pretty sure it won't happen though. High-Level players willing to pay are most likely to do so on gear imho besides new meta toons.
  • Second this!
  • +1000000
  • i would definately +1 this idea, hopefully help the bottleneck situation i'm currently facing!
  • mk5 stun guns.
  • This is why I miss tournaments. The gear from tournaments were way better than I have ever received from finishing 1 in hAAT or Pit Raids. Tournaments had some faults but the payouts were really good.
  • Gamezealot wrote: »
    Yeah, even with a credit heist, most of us are short of credits.

^^^ exactly why we should have a gear heist, and for me i'm always short A LOT more gear needed than credits.
  • Yes please
    I have so many waiting on the same gear. its frustrating farming the same one over and over
  • As much as support this idea, CG is too greedy and doesn't like giving away more free stuff than they already had.
  • Perhaps make a team reinforcement method such that players with deeper rosters would be able to acquire more gear--something akin to GW but only gear as a reward. Make the number of tiers extremely numerous such that it's a challenge to finish even for whales, but the first few tiers easy enough such that even light rosters can get decent rewards.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    We already have gear heists, they're called raids
  • MBL_66 wrote: »
    We already have gear heists, they're called raids

That's true; didn't think of that. If we did have something like the OP suggested that would completely undermine the drive to complete raids.
  • What causes even more shortage of gear are the rewards from the raids. I always love finishing first in hAAT and getting stuff I can get from the dailies. While, I need pieces that can only be obtain from the raid.

They just need to rework the daily challenges. The Tac Gear challenge has way too many pieces that shouldn't be high tier rewards. I am counting down the days that I get to use the 1500 MK 8 Neuro-Saavs I have sitting around.
  • Caedas
    215 posts Member
    Credits as a progression gate adds nothing to the gameplay. At least gear requires thought more abstract than, "Do I have enough credits? Nope." Shards are a gate too, but gear far outweighs star level in terms of viability, as I've been destroyed by 3 star g11 krennic and dt combos.
  • DarthR244D wrote: »
    What causes even more shortage of gear are the rewards from the raids. I always love finishing first in hAAT and getting stuff I can get from the dailies. While, I need pieces that can only be obtain from the raid.

They just need to rework the daily challenges. The Tac Gear challenge has way too many pieces that shouldn't be high tier rewards. I am counting down the days that I get to use the 1500 MK 8 Neuro-Saavs I have sitting around.

I totally agree with you on the useless gear that just sits around. I've been waiting for a combine/break down feature since the beginning, but as far as bringing in higher tier gear in the challenges, I highly doubt it will ever happen. Right now they are making money of Stun Cuffs and Stun Guns etc. by making you spend crystals in the store for them; they would never forget these profits and put them in challenges for free, just like they will never make a use for those useless gear pieces. They like their gear wall too much, and to scale it, or rather, to scale it faster requires money unfortunately.
  • I'd like this. Even if it's opened at level 80, and gives you 5 pieces of something worthy.
  • +10000000
  • Darax_ren
    363 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Responding to people's reasons why this couldn't happen:

- They said the same about credits. "There's a credit crunch for a reason: CG wants to make profit". But the reason they added a credit heist is because the economy was so slow that long term players were LESS likely to splurge on purchases. The same happens with gear at a certain stage: at a high level it's just demoralizing to keep farming hundreds of mk3 holo projectors or waiting for them to come up in shipments.

- Make it unlock at a high level (E.g. 80), or once you've reached a big milestone in your character roster: E.g. 30 characters at 7 star / 30 characters at gear 9. That way you're not simply accelerating the progression cycle, but giving players a reason to keep going once you're past the days of working on one character at a time.

- Or simply rework challenges. It's silly that the top tier of a challenge is giving me gear that I have thousands of and will never use.

Either way the gear economy could do with a little bit of oil: I'm talking non-raid gear that we still need thousands of, not gateway gear items.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    We get a gear heist everyday be completing all daily activities at 85!! Thanks EA!
  • Like this?
    Lol wampa raid

On second thought, how about a gear heist, only open to Hoth Rebels?
    Your storage warehouses are being overrun by a woosle of wampas. (Did you know that a group of wampas was called a woosle?) Drive back the wampas and recover your gear before the Imperial fleet arrives!

Then you would have to fight like, 4 waves of wampas in progressively more difficult tiers. Then on the last tier, Vader shows up in a fifth encounter accompanied by 4 Snowtroopers and General Veers.

Edit: This is just a silly made-up idea. I'm not a dev, please don't put me in jail for this suggestion. I'm not a developer!

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/909183/#Comment_909183
  • As much as support this idea, CG is too greedy and doesn't like giving away more free stuff than they already had.

+1
  • Lots of support for this idea
  • I was thinking the same thing the other day but was too scared of all the personal attacks i'd probably get for suggesting it! But now someone else has the cojones to do what I daren't I support it wholeheartedly ;)
    Ally Code: 753-789-771
  • Please consider this devs
  • This whole thread so much. Ridiculous how many projectors you need, not to mention making those bacta gels for gear 11 toons that require 40 of those ball things
  • Maybe we should write a list of the gear that we think the economy is too slow on (the ones we literally need thousands of, not the ones that are just nice to have):

Mk3 holo projectors
    Stun cuffs salvages
    Mk3 bacta gel prototypes
    Mk2 bacta gel prototypes
    Mk5 blastech weapon mod prototypes

Anything else?
  • Mk5 Stun guns