Pao?

Who is this guy, and do we seriously need more rebels?

Replies

• Yeah, surprised no one else posted this. First thing I noticed this morning! Doesn't even look like he brings a particularly interesting kit to the table.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    I think I saw him in R1 on Yavon IV just before last episode...
  • Riktoven wrote: »
    Who is this guy, and do we seriously need more rebels?

He was probably on the cutting room floor, and they thought to just add him since, why not? His kit is decent, but not great. Sounds like medium replace for whale teams
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Google is your friend
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Google link gave my phone AIDS, thanks.
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Yeah, surprised no one else posted this. First thing I noticed this morning! Doesn't even look like he brings a particularly interesting kit to the table.

There's literally no reason for him to be in the game, but his kit is simple, fresh, and could actually surmount to something. I know we're sick of rebels, but this guy is kinda cool. And get this- he had like 12 more seconds of screen time than bistan and SRP.
  • Why is Pao's cooldown 11 turns?
  • Pao hung out with Bistan, which means he is just an add-in.
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Why is Pao's cooldown 11 turns?

Because it's cool to have an 11 turn CD.

But really read his unique.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Georgemi6 wrote: »
    Yeah, surprised no one else posted this. First thing I noticed this morning! Doesn't even look like he brings a particularly interesting kit to the table.

There's literally no reason for him to be in the game, but his kit is simple, fresh, and could actually surmount to something. I know we're sick of rebels, but this guy is kinda cool. And get this- he had like 12 more seconds of screen time than bistan and SRP.

This kit is so garbage. Echo 2.0.
    Feed GG turns in raid.
    Feed enemy Rex lead squads.
    No dispell. Just an attacker with much rng in his kit. His aoe is defense down??? Not offense down? C'mom. I realize srp already has that; maybe they need to be paired together?
    Idk this kit is dumb.
  • pao-in-the-thick-of-the-battle-on-scarif-in-rogue-one.jpeg

Pao is pretty badass
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    -
  • Nightlores wrote: »
    pao-in-the-thick-of-the-battle-on-scarif-in-rogue-one.jpeg

Pao is pretty badass
    He is ...

... pretty ugly. :smiley:
  • He even has his own action figure
    rogue-one-rebel-commando-pao-imperial-death-trooper.jpg
  • I was about to post on this same thing. Saw him on the character screen and didn't remember the powers that be announcing him as an addition to the game.

Weird that they woudl sneak him in there. And how do we farm him?
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • GA_Phoenix
    368 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    He will be the loginchar for april and he was anounced in the last updatenotes.

• GA_Phoenix wrote: »

Really? I swear I didn't see him announced at all. Maybe I glanced over his name with all the TV Rebels squad being announced, especially Sabine.

However I'm less hyped about her now since they didn't give her the Mandalorian helmet. Makes no sense. SMH.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Nightlores wrote: »
    pao-in-the-thick-of-the-battle-on-scarif-in-rogue-one.jpeg

Pao is pretty badass

Your definition of "pretty" differs from mine. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    On a positive side, I thought they couldn't make monthly log-in characters any more lame than Chopper. And yet, EA/CG exceeded my expectations.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »
    GA_Phoenix wrote: »

Really? I swear I didn't see him announced at all. Maybe I glanced over his name with all the TV Rebels squad being announced, especially Sabine.

However I'm less hyped about her now since they didn't give her the Mandalorian helmet. Makes no sense. SMH.

Yeah you definately did

Hes the very last paragraph saying the login character will arrive with a Pao
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    GA_Phoenix wrote: »

Yeah you definately did

Hes the very last paragraph saying the login character will arrive with a Pao

That's because they saved the best for...no, wait...that's not it at all.

• His kit is horrible. The allies basics reducing his cool downs is an interesting dynamic but his special abilities are boring at best. There are plenty of other characters that do similar things and are better at it and he hits like a wet noodle, weaker than Barriss. He's gonna wind up a wasted useless character.

Which is why at first glance I thought it could be an April Fools joke from CG/EA....
    (In game - Veran - Officer of ALLIΔNCE Nu)
  • Durango
    113 posts Member
    Gimpyviper wrote: »
    he hits like a wet noodle, weaker than Barriss.
    Considering he is very likely to chain 2 or 3 attacks in a row, no, he doesn't do less damage than Barris.

What is right, however, is that his kit his disappointing. Not only because of the damage (even if it's true than in these day were 6000 base damage is nearly regarded as average, a "chance to do that" is meh), but because the rest of his kit isn't stellar either. Sa'kalla is a worse version of Poggle's Droid Assault and Sonic Grenade is OK at best.

Really, the idea of cooldown reduction is cool, character model is awesome, but I feel there's a lot of wasted potential, here. I'm not asking for an OP character by any mean (having average character is fine and helthy) but he seems really below-average at first sight.

He's like a weird mix between Leia and Poggle, with a hint of Cassian for the grenade, but just... not as good.

• Gimpyviper
    31 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Durango wrote: »
    Considering he is very likely to chain 2 or 3 attacks in a row, no, he doesn't do less damage than Barris.

That's a good point, forgot about the daisy chain potential. Still, he's not gonna be trucking the other team. But you're right, he'll hit harder than Barriss hehe.

And agree with you 100%, the mechanic is cool, and nothing wrong with a non-OP character (if anything it'd be welcome at this point) but Pao is gonna be below average.

Unless he's an April Fools joke :lol:
    (In game - Veran - Officer of ALLIΔNCE Nu)
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Durango wrote: »

That's a good point, forgot about the daisy chain potential. Still, he's not gonna be trucking the other team. But you're right, he'll hit harder than Barriss hehe.

And agree with you 100%, the mechanic is cool, and nothing wrong with a non-OP character (if anything it'd be welcome at this point) but Pao is gonna be below average.

Unless he's an April Fools joke :lol:

He's not a joke. Everyone that last year was joke too. The only joke was that it was legit.

• CronozNL wrote: »
    Google is your friend

I guess the OP wants to make a conversation about it instead of just finding out who pao is