Making a Zader team to counter Maul

Is this doable without high end toons like Chaze and GK?

Trying to figure out how to survive the opening blitz and turn this into a DOT win fest so as to have my first zeta make count towards the biggest overall benefit.

Unfortunately, all of the videos I have watched involve toons I wont have for months, or were against less than ideal maul teams.

So, will boat loads of tenacity mods let me take my first turn with abilities? Is there a non-rex cleanser I should conider? How does one survive the opening blitz and turn this into a winnable war of attrition without the premier toons?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    You need at least 1 cleanser, (I would say 2 but you took away gk and chirrut) only one left is rex. (AA too but not many people use him.)

That is the only way to get through the first round of attacks, unless you can speed a TFP past them and pray for good tmr.

Zader,palp, nihilus,tfp, cleanser ..... still not sure you could do it. The zader nihilus combo is an interesting team I use in gw, I can get anihilate up on most nodes past 4 or 5.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Group cleansers: Ackbar; Ewok Elder; Lobot; Rex; Chirrut; Finn; General Kenobi

Single cleansers: Kanaan ; First Order officer ; Barriss Offee ; Savage Oppress

There are self cleansers too but that's another story. Plenty of options to pick from for cleansers, but most aren't meta.
  • Zader DT DK TFP DN i beat zaul teams easy
  • I'd probably consider Savage for a cleanser in that group. He's pretty beasty since his rework, and can benefit from the Vader lead. Would make you want to steer more towards Sith toons than empire, but hey...
  • I already have better sith than empire, but no savage.

EP, Vader, Maul, and Sid are as far as I can take them for the moment (&$^#^ furnaces).

Dooku, DN, SA, and Sith Trooper all need a lot of love.

For empire, TFP, RG both have gear issues. Shore has gear issues. I honestly can't field a full empire team. DT and Krennic are long farms to get usable for arena.

Gear is killing me, which is why I am so torn on zeta on vader or maul. I'm not sure how to quantify my gear needs without making a spreadsheet, and I dont want to go there.

I definitely need more furnaces than any other 1 piece of gear, but I also need tons of stuff that I can buy from shipments if I can maintain decent ranking.

So torn....
  • Fuse
    5 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Its not doable without gk. go for zader if u want to do better in raids and have mediocre arena team, or go zaul for arena. I went zader first and got me top 3 rancor every time, feeds me alot of furnaces, now im about to get second zeta and give it to maul.
  • Riktoven wrote: »
    I already have better sith than empire, but no savage.

EP, Vader, Maul, and Sid are as far as I can take them for the moment (&$^#^ furnaces).

Dooku, DN, SA, and Sith Trooper all need a lot of love.

For empire, TFP, RG both have gear issues. Shore has gear issues. I honestly can't field a full empire team. DT and Krennic are long farms to get usable for arena.

Gear is killing me, which is why I am so torn on zeta on vader or maul. I'm not sure how to quantify my gear needs without making a spreadsheet, and I dont want to go there.

I definitely need more furnaces than any other 1 piece of gear, but I also need tons of stuff that I can buy from shipments if I can maintain decent ranking.

So torn....

swgoh.gg has a feature that shows needed gear (both individually for your characters, and account wide) if you make an account there. There are plenty of other cleansers available. I listed them above, but Savage is the only one with synergy with Vader.

• Skarcha
    115 posts Member
    But Savage is to slow cleanser and only clean one ally per turn
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Skarcha wrote: »
    But Savage is to slow cleanser and only clean one ally per turn

Speed is relative. He's a 123. That's not too fast, but it's not THAT slow. He could get speed boosted. Cleansing one person per turn is better than no cleanse at all.

The point is listing off utility cleanses other than the standard fare: Rex, Kenobi, and Chirrut.

Ignoring those three, who do you think would be better than Savage on a Zader team?

• I run Zader in Arena and can easily be top 10 among Rex and Zaul. Today ranked 3.

I use : Zader, TFP, Boba, Zidious and Sunfac/Shore

The opening stun from Palpatine is a problem I agree. I've found Sunfac very useful to clear Baze taunt since all the siths open with AOE, almost 100% of the time this will trigger SF and remove taunt.
    I don't think a cleanser is the solution as it can also be ability blocked or stunned at the opening turn and then become useless...
  • *cough* B2
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    *cough* B2

This..he saved my squad numerous times
  • Ok...definitely tempting me back to zader.

I have everyone at 7* in the post a couple above mine...I do like that idea. I also 7* B2 today, though I need to optimize his mods still.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Zader can hang with slower Zaul teams but overall, he's going to lose. A very speedy TFP could potentially outpace Zaul teams allowing for a chance at an ability block (preferably on DN who thrives in Zaul teams). A cleanser is a must - a good yet unconventional choice would be Chaze (they do best in Rebel teams, naturally, but can excel here). Zader, Chaze, TFP and Boba Fett could theoretically withstand a Zaul onslaught and live to fight another round.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Old Zaul set ups (Zaul/Fast Palp) are easy, its thr new breed

Sass TM, Zaul Daze followed by Nihilus, now you get no TM gain and your specials are gone
  • I mean it's doable but as someone who runs Zaul with SA, I am not very intimidated by any Zaders regardless of who is on the team. But I haven't faced a Chaze on my shard so..
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    I mean it's doable but as someone who runs Zaul with SA, I am not very intimidated by any Zaders regardless of who is on the team. But I haven't faced a Chaze on my shard so..

Chaze on Zader isn't really a threat. Chaze with GK and/or Rex is a different story. And Chaze w/ GK and Zarriss is a huge threat. Triple cleanse and you can only ability block two of the three. Makes Zaul life rough.
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    I was able to get through most zaul teams with a super speed TFP on my zader squad. I ran zader tfp nihlus DT and kenobi. Worked great on offense
  • https://swgoh.gg/u/riktoven/gear-needed/

So, looking at the gear needed (big thanks for that btw, had no idea the website offered this) for my whole roster, what would the hive reccomend?

I have never placed high in raids, so I honestly don't know what kinds of rewards are even possible, let alone likely.

I'm just trying to be efficient, and want to understand if raid rewards are more important than crystals for my gear needs.

Thank you for your opinions.
  • zMaul teams are easy af to beat with a cleanser

Now that Rex is easily farmable (and a great all-around toon), I love fighting zMaul teams: easy W's
  • An interesting twist to any zVader team is Tusken shaman....let that sink in for a minute....ok now I will explain his basic applies a dot plus an additional dot if target is debuffed also his heal gives offense up so if you get order right you could have 7 dots and speed down going into culling blade with offense up...instadead toon zVader tfp zSid shoretrooper and Tusken shaman really affective
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Zader (L), Krennic, Zid, ZT, and GK

Crushes those Zaul teams...

• B2 may help too
  • https://youtu.be/nwsHJF_MiaE
    I beat zauls everyday
  • oh finnally something i can relate too. i burst speed team of palp g10, vader g10, rex g11, maul g11, and sith trooper almost g10. i defeat zauls all day long. rex is my fastest toon, and i love watching TFP go first so i can cleanse and give all my members priority.
  • Cesium
    230 posts Member
    powieman wrote: »

This is exactly the team I want to run. I am glad to see that Krooper works at a low star level. Thanks so much for posting this!
    F2P - lvl 85 - July Shard - Primary Force Guild Force a Fide Guild - https://swgoh.gg/u/cesium/