What do you look for when attacking ships?

Kevez
148 posts Member
I am in the 250-150 range on my shard and I think that I would pretty easily be able to get to the low 100's if I used more than 1-2 attacks per day. Unfortunately I am always busy/ distracted during that hour between arena and ship payout, so I try to do my ship battles earlier in the day. When I log in with 20mins to ship payout, I find that I have dropped 70-100 rank and won't be able to snipe a sub 200 spot in time. Finishing outside the top 200 means a significant drop in fleet currency.

So I was wondering what makes my fleet look tempting? For me, I don't see any Tarkins, so I just I try to avoid Mace teams. I attack Ackbar teams pretty much regardless of the team, unless they are all 7*, or has high starred rare or exclusive ships like a 6* falcon.

I run Ackbar, biggs, wedge, slave 1, umbaran, and jedi consular with scimitar, bistan, and poe

Is it my ship stars, ship levels, my team comp, or do people recognize my name? (I don't pay any attention to names in ships, but I definitely have teams in arena that I know I can beat)

Replies

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Im usually around 150-120 and I basically just look for the lowest rank I see as I can beat anyone in that rank area and the ship AI is horrible, but sadly that also means mine is horrible as well.
  • Khaleesi1221
    152 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    No Biggs and target lockers

Oh wait, that's everyone...

Edit: I enter a battle, then force close the app just so I can get the reward. Ships suvk so **** much
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    I look for teams without Asokha or Fives first since my strategy requires certain buffs to remain in place. One or the other is okay, just not both, and I avoid Fives with Vader because Fives removes buffs with Target Lock which is Vader's whole shtick.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • APX_919 wrote: »
    I look for teams without Asokha or Fives first since my strategy requires certain buffs to remain in place. One or the other is okay, just not both, and I avoid Fives with Vader because Fives removes buffs with Target Lock which is Vader's whole shtick.

+1
  • Monxie
    559 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I'm usually top 20. Don't care which ships the other teams have. It's fun to attack different teams. My strategy works against all teams, the only difference is the killing order. The only teams I don't attack are those with 20k+ more power than mine.
  • Kevez
    148 posts Member
    Is there any deterring factor? Just fleet power?
  • CamaroAMF
    1282 posts Member
    I attack the highest rank I can find but I fight for #1 everyday so that doesn't really apply in your situation. I would look for fleets that aren't running Ahsoka or Fives with your fleet.
  • Kevez
    148 posts Member
    I think I might be one of the only ones that doesn't run ahsoka, at least near my rank
  • I try to avoid windu capital. I'm in the same payout range. As well if the majority of the ships are 5* and 6* I'll avoid. When in battle I go for the lowest level first or wedge, poe, asohka.
  • Monxie
    559 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Kevez wrote: »
    I think I might be one of the only ones that doesn't run ahsoka, at least near my rank
    I also don't use Ahsoka. Prefer to use taunters and fire power with target lock. And there are definitely better reinforcements than Ahsoka.
    Fleets with 20k+ more power are tough because they are usually faster and can take a lot of damage, so I don't attack them. But they are only 4-5 in my entire shard.
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    I look at fleet power, to be honest. I figure I can beat teams who have up to 10k more fleet power than me. Anything over that and I pass on attacking them and look for another opponent.

I use different strategies for different capital ships and lineups.
  • I am currently rank 14 in fleet arena and rarely move out of the top 20 - My fleet arena shard doesn't seem to be very active - I think when I upgrade my ships a little more I could make top 10 easily. My main team is:

Commander: Tarkin (5* Ship, 7* Character g8)
    - Umbaran (5* Ship L73, 7* Character g9)
    - Jedi Consular (5* Ship L72, 6* Character g8)
    - Rex's Arc (4* Ship L71, 7* Character g10)
    - Geo Soliders Fighter (5* Ship L80, 7* Character g9)
    - Tie Fighter (5* Ship L80, 4* Character g9)

My reserves are First Order Tie Fighter, Clone Sergeants Arc Fighter and Geo Spy.

I usually only attack Tarkin or Ackbar teams unless they are Mace teams without any high health tanks. My fleet power is only 110k and I have beaten opponents with 123k power - Don't be decieved by power rating - Look at the composition of the enemy team and how the different ships could work together.

SWGoH - TurgonGW
    Guild - Starchoppers - Feel free to help us in the Raids!
  • Fleet power is basically meaningless. I generally just try to avoid any team that has Vader. Otherwise I'll attack the lowest rank I can find.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Nojow
    24 posts Member
    I just look at the ship levels, if they're in the low 70s instead of the 80s I attack them
  • I'm top 50 and I attack anyone, I win 90% of the time. When I get around 20 I start to avoid teams that have the three ties, but I can beat them anyway.

Maybe people just now you're an easy pray, even though your team is pretty standard
  • Kevez
    148 posts Member
    does anyone look at pilots? mine are: wedge g10, biggs g10, fives g11, boba g11, jc g9, maul g9, bistan g10, srp g9, poe g11. all of the toons are 85, 7* (except 6* JC) and 5* mods, but the ships are level 73-78. I will occasionally look at comparable opponent's pilots and I generally out gear them.

Anyways, I am poised to promote almost all of my fleet this week. Once I do that, I will level them all to 80+ and hopefully that will scare some people off
  • Kevez wrote: »
    does anyone look at pilots? mine are: wedge g10, biggs g10, fives g11, boba g11, jc g9, maul g9, bistan g10, srp g9, poe g11. all of the toons are 85, 7* (except 6* JC) and 5* mods, but the ships are level 73-78. I will occasionally look at comparable opponent's pilots and I generally out gear them.

Anyways, I am poised to promote almost all of my fleet this week. Once I do that, I will level them all to 80+ and hopefully that will scare some people off

I don't think people take the time to watch your pilots, maybe it's the low level of your ships
  • I target teams w/ Vader. His ship drops so fast.
  • I target teams w/ Vader. His ship drops so fast.

If they don't have Biggs I agree with you. If they do, I'd rather avoid those fleets. Vader and Biggs often leads to me spending 4-5 minutes of the match just killing Biggs.