Is Cassian worth farming?

I was thinking of farming Cassian since they added him to arena shipments. But would I be better off going with Savage?
I've never fought against Cassian in GW or arena so I don't know what he's capable of.

Replies

• pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Savage is more meta right now, but who knows.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Geonosian_Spy
    338 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I personally like Cassian a lot and after unlocking him after the tournament brought him to g10, soon to be g11.

Not quite sure where he'll fit in with the direction of my current Arena comp (I have K2S0 but he's meh) but I will max out Captain Andor for novelty purposes if nothing else. I am of the understanding that his use is maximized under a Jyn lead but I also see value in him as a standalone toon.
  • He's good on a Rebel team.

He is slow but pretty durable. His AOE attack gives him lots of TM if it lands debuffs and his special hits pretty hard.

Buff immunity on basic is nice. I would say an accuracy mod instead of speed primary would be helpful for him against current META in arena.

Savage is freaking amazing on a Sith team especially with zMaul.

They are both fairly easy to get to G9-G10

It just depends on what kind of team you are trying to build.
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    He will be 3 star, then you need to get to 7*, g10 at least. Conservatively, 1.5 months? Unless you throw money at him. By then, 3 will have taken his place. Unless you want him as an iconic hero.
  • I'm just looking for a toon that I can throw in some GW battles and have some fun with. Whether I farm Cassian or Savage neither one is likely to ever enter my arena lineup (though I guess Savage is possible). Since I do enjoy running sith I was leaning Savage unless Cassian is way better.
  • Since I have pretty much everyone I want in squad shop (including 7* Savage) I'm working on Cassian. I can actually 5* him but saving the credits atm. He sounds interesting to use, but is limited to rebel squads otherwise his unique is useless.
  • Javik
    246 posts Member
    Depends on what you want in your future for teams. If you want a rebel team you could use Cassian from arena shipments and use galatic war to get K2SO for your rebel team's tank. If you are making a sith team then by all means get savage he is extremely worth it with a Darth Maul lead as he can cleanse your debuffs.
  • Geonosian_Spy
    338 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I've used him in both GW and the occasional Arena battle with non-Rebels and he spreads out debuffs a'plenty. Sure, non-Rebels don't get the benefit of various buffs at the start of a given battle but I don't view that as a dealbreaker (not like he's giving everyone Foresight a la Yoda anyway). And yeah, his Zeta only applies to his faction, sadly.

My main qualm is the seemingly random choices of debuffs that are thrown out; if you could actually count on which debuffs each time Cassian would be money in the bank.
    Since I have pretty much everyone I want in squad shop (including 7* Savage) I'm working on Cassian. I can actually 5* him but saving the credits atm. He sounds interesting to use, but is limited to rebel squads otherwise his unique is useless.

Post edited by Geonosian_Spy on
  • Considering his unique is Rebels and K2SO if you put him in an all Jedi team his unique is useless
  • Considering his unique is Rebels and K2SO if you put him in an all Jedi team his unique is useless

I had mistaken "unique" for 'Groundwork', didn't realize at the time that you were referring to his Zeta, my bad.