What's the point of the 2nd tier of the Chopper Event?

2Next

Replies

• Dhoey321 wrote: »
    i don't understand it either... The only thing i can guess is it's a way to test out the Pheonix characters without them dying? but still the rewards are a slap in the face.

People asked for "no rewards" repeats for fun and training dummies. The rewards aren't the point, it's just to goof around with a squad with no stakes. They certainly arent a "slap in the face". Now the jawa "event" rewards which required you to pay 200 crystals to refresh and get 1 jawa shard... THAT is a slap in the face.
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    The point of the Tier 2 chopper event is to give everyone of the entitled generation something to complain about.

ie. Get something for nothing and then complain that its not enough or what you hoped to get. Where instead you should be happy to get something for free.

This is why I raise my kids not to expect that the world owes them a dam thing. If they want something they need to work for it and if it's free don't complain and say it's not what they wanted.

• theHejiN
    659 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Just don't play it.
    Others would play it, if they had to pay 1k credits and don't get rewards.
    This is a fun part of the game.
    Beating the shot out of K2 and R2D2, just because you can.

Additionally, you can test your Phoenix squad
  • Yogi wrote: »
    The point of the Tier 2 chopper event is to give everyone of the entitled generation something to complain about.

ie. Get something for nothing and then complain that its not enough or what you hoped to get. Where instead you should be happy to get something for free.

This is why I raise my kids not to expect that the world owes them a dam thing. If they want something they need to work for it and if it's free don't complain and say it's not what they wanted.

But if the free content of this game was bad, no one would play it. There would be no incentive to actually pay money into it. Although I agree with your statement of entitlement, I don't think it applies here. Besides, I've paid money into this game and expect good content.

If someone gave me a free sandwich and it was bad but I was hungry, I wouldn't say anything. But if a sales man was giving me a free sample and it was bad, I wouldn't have any incentive to spend money on his product.
  • Yogi wrote: »

You keep generalizing an entire generation as entitled, why? Did some young whipper snapper hurt you in some way?
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Yogi wrote: »

You keep generalizing an entire generation as entitled, why? Did some young whipper snapper hurt you in some way?

Ok I'll give you that. I shouldn't generalize an entire generation as entitled. And no there wasn't any young whipper snapper that hurt me in some way.

Many in this younger generation feel they are entitled. Is that better? This just comes from an observation of everyday life. I'll make sure that if I mention this again I don't make a sweeping generalization.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I don't like it when my generation is mentioned as entitled or what not. I'm a full grown man with a wife and kids, yet gets lumped in like I'm still a teenager. It's been far too many years into the generation to keep with the stereotype.
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    War wrote: »
    I don't like it when my generation is mentioned as entitled or what not. I'm a full grown man with a wife and kids, yet gets lumped in like I'm still a teenager. It's been far too many years into the generation to keep with the stereotype.
    Entitlement isn't anything new, nor do the young have anything close to a monopoly on it. Only thing that ever really changes is that entitled people grow old and bitter, and they re-label their own entitlement as rugged individualism and start droning on endlessly about how entitled everybody else is.
    Post edited by lisztophobia on
  • The tier 2 rewards are meh..but they're free so I can't really complain about that. One small complaint is that tier 1 and 2 doesn't remember the team I used. It's no biggie..but just a slight inconvenience that it doesn't remember who I used last. Other that that I don't mind getting fast, easy, daily stuff.
  • War wrote: »

Be happy you got lumped into the entitlement debate instead of your generation being called basement dwellers.
  • I love tier 2 chopper, next up... a separate "No Rewards at All" Section where we can play all of the the old events daily with ally point refreshes, and NO REWARDS AT ALL.

That would be rad.
  • On the one hand, the event is kinda dumb and the rewards are atrocious. On the other hand, it's free stuff, and I can finally use Grievous for something.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • War
    932 posts Member
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    On the one hand, the event is kinda dumb and the rewards are atrocious. On the other hand, it's free stuff, and I can finally use Grievous for something.

Tell me it's a one on one fight between Grevious and K2, lol.
    On the one hand, the event is kinda dumb and the rewards are atrocious. On the other hand, it's free stuff, and I can finally use Grievous for something.

EP for me.. ZAP! bye bye
  • Youthv2
    270 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Aldaron wrote: »
    Traybor wrote: »
    1 omega material for the first time, then 1000 credits each time after.

I know what the rewards are, they're a joke and there's no point in wasting time doing the event every day.

then don't. wow, that was a terribly easy solution.

This. It took longer to complain about free stuff on the forums than it would have to complete the event and get the free stuff.

If you don't want free credits, ignore tier II.

to do tier3 is not considered free.
    ~Y O U T H v2
    Guild: Paradigm of Virtue (PoV)
    Line: GohYouth
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Youthv2 wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Aldaron wrote: »
    Traybor wrote: »
    1 omega material for the first time, then 1000 credits each time after.

I know what the rewards are, they're a joke and there's no point in wasting time doing the event every day.

then don't. wow, that was a terribly easy solution.

This. It took longer to complain about free stuff on the forums than it would have to complete the event and get the free stuff.

If you don't want free credits, ignore tier II.

to do tier3 is not considered free.

It will be, IT WILLL BEE *creppy yoda voice*

Is there any other way?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member

EP for me.. ZAP! bye bye

Interesting ... since tier 2 was unlocked, i also used Palp alone to fight K2 just for the fun of it :smiley:
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

EP for me.. ZAP! bye bye

See, I like Zylo. "No YOU counterattack!".
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I also feel the 1K Credits is too little.

Maybe add a few more low level items, like a random MK1 and MK2 gear, 1 Energy, 1 Cantina Energy, one 1-star Training Droid, and one 2-star Training Droid.

Nothing too spectacular, as it's an expected win. Plus a little more for Tier 3.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Surovi
    21 posts Member
    Phoenix squad is not easy to play. They are fun to play but hard to master. All the targeted assists, taunts, debuffing, staggering, multi shots - takes some time to master. Since Phoenix squad smells like the new meta, why not practice a bit on hard opponents? Gear them up a bit then try again, change mods, try again. And enjoy maxed R2D2 without spending energy - if you are real fans.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Surovi wrote: »
    Phoenix squad is not easy to play. They are fun to play but hard to master. All the targeted assists, taunts, debuffing, staggering, multi shots - takes some time to master. Since Phoenix squad smells like the new meta, why not practice a bit on hard opponents? Gear them up a bit then try again, change mods, try again. And enjoy maxed R2D2 without spending energy - if you are real fans.

REAL FANS PLAY ALL THE TIERZ!!! :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    I also feel the 1K Credits is too little.

Maybe add a few more low level items, like a random MK1 and MK2 gear, 1 Energy, 1 Cantina Energy, one 1-star Training Droid, and one 2-star Training Droid.

Nothing too spectacular, as it's an expected win. Plus a little more for Tier 3.

How about 3 zetas and a full stun cuff each day?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    kello_511 wrote: »

How about 3 zetas and a full stun cuff each day?

still not enough. or too much. Either way, it's no good!
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • War
    932 posts Member
    edited March 2017

Why not nothing? We asked for a no resource required sandbox fun mode with no rewards. And we got a once a day bring anyone you want fight against K2 event, that rewards a thousand credits. If this was a test run for what we wanted out of a sandbox game mode, I think we failed.