Suggestion: Tournament toons in Shard Shop

Please make the tournament toons farmable in the Shard Shop.

The grind for GG in Shard Shop is now meaningless, which means shard shop has no purpose whatsoever at the moment.

Please make it happen! :)

Replies

• And what would be the point of a tournament then?
  • I support it with a 6 month moratorium/waiting period between the end of the tournament and the beginning of farmability (via LS/DS Hard, Cantina, GW or Arena farms). This lets the winners of the tournaments use their well earned rewards for a long time and then those that missed out (i.e. weren't playing yet, skipped the tournament, placed below threshold for character) to eventually get them.

Exceptions should be the raid specific toons (Raid Han, GK) or special event toons (EP, Yoda). Those should never show up in the Shard Shop.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • And what would be the point of a tournament then?
    You instantly get the toon if you get a good spot in the tournament. It takes a lot of time to farm toons in Shard Shop. Even if it's only from 6* to 7*.
  • Monxie wrote: »
    The grind for GG in Shard Shop is now meaningless, which means shard shop has no purpose whatsoever at the moment.

False. You can buy Pit gear there, which is very useful.
  • I'll get GG one day, I use the shard shop for gear, Vader and JE shards that I need - whenever they pop up.
  • Showdown4lpha
    91 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    APX_919 wrote: »
    I support it with a 6 month moratorium/waiting period between the end of the tournament and the beginning of farmability (via LS/DS Hard, Cantina, GW or Arena farms). This lets the winners of the tournaments use their well earned rewards for a long time and then those that missed out (i.e. weren't playing yet, skipped the tournament, placed below threshold for character) to eventually get them.

Exceptions should be the raid specific toons (Raid Han, GK) or special event toons (EP, Yoda). Those should never show up in the Shard Shop.

I think something like this is a good compromise. I'm F2P, lvl 83 and bad, but it sounds fair to me. Either that or have tournaments way more often and keep rotating or keep running same character for a long time.

Edited for a word I didn't know was "bad."
  • Monxie
    559 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Axis wrote: »
    Monxie wrote: »

False. You can buy Pit gear there, which is very useful.
    You can get Pit gear elsewhere for far better value. In raids, guild shop.

Shard Shop is very expensive and the availability of shards/gear there should be decided accordingly.
  • The solution is simple just add new toons from tournaments and events in Fleet shipments because everyone that unlocks shard shop,
    Focuses on General Grievous. You have to be at a certain level to unlock Ship battles anyway so might as well give us access to farm toons that way