Best tank characters with most health

Lately being a level 63 player i've encountered lots of high damage attackers
So I'm trying to get the best tanks to solve this problem any suggestions

Replies

• Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Only tank worth much of anything is poe
  • 5s has a ton of health as does chewy but in arena, poe is the only useful one really.
  • Fives is helpful in GW though
  • Not sure how available it is for you, but Old Ben is rad.

No taunt though, so won't do much to protect other chars. I see a good possibility of an all-tanky party being viable, and if they are all tanky, taunt is much less important. Old Ben with any kind of taunt would be broken due to his "If you strike me down" ability.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    It depends on how you define "best". Keep in mind that offense rules and defense is of minimal value at the moment. A tank may survive the initial onslaught of a high-damage team but probably not the second.
    For this reason you want to look for what other things a tank can do for you. Old Ben for example has amazing abilities, but he's $$$ only. Poe will die but can dramatically increase your chances of winning a fight. Stormtrooper Han can as well, but he's slower and has less health. Characters without taunts and without special abilities are unfortunately just "meatbags" right now.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Some toons to consider:
    Old Ben (lead) - could use anyone here probably, due to farmibility issues with Ben. Maybe Barris to stick with the survivability theme, or Boba for power - both very tanky.
    Poe - still tanky, and Resistance Bravado wins games, even without the Glass Cannon backup.
    Finn - very tanky, and good damage. A bit on the slow side, but that's possibly mitigated with a tank party.
    Kylo - pretty good (situationally great) damage, tanky, possibly useful heal block
    Leia - When upgraded, can be near permastealth (including first turn, which sidesteps one of her major weaknesses as a defender), so the lack of hp isn't a deal breaker for this concept. Plus, damage isn't very high, so the party would benefit from this kind of power hitter. As an alternate (Leia, like Ben is of limited availability), I suggest 5's or another suitably tanky toon. Other heavy hitters (Rey, Maul, etc.) won't be viable unless you expect to hide them h behind Poe (with Rey, foresight isn't as good as stealth for this position).
  • Mace Windu will become an excellent tank when the update hits, his +50% damage on his basic attack plus chance to expose will make opponents focus fire on him and he heals if he hits while under 50% HP, also gains turn meter if he hits an exposed character and is useful for dispelling buffs.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Lately being a level 63 player i've encountered lots of high damage attackers
    So I'm trying to get the best tanks to solve this problem any suggestions

Tanks have the taunt utility to protect other teammates from damage. Unfortunately, no tank can do this other than Poe. With other tank you can lose 2 heroes+ before they get to taunt. Poe taunts first, plus removes turn meter from enemy team, plus exposes them (acts better than aoe damage because its controllable and can be triggered as single target burst too). And if enemy team doesn't have many hard hitters to take down your Poe, you can destroy them easily without worry.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Nightsister Initiate and Tusken Raider are 2 attack guys with a lot of health
  • Barriss. Highest health, adds health to her team, and heals.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Imperial Royal Guard is my favourite tank concept, just that defence is non existent. But if the scaled it right he would be badass. Well and Chewy as well.
  • The tanks I was using at your level were Barriss (pre and after nerf) Boba and Chewie. Chewie's Taunt was a purist tank ability and he did enough disruption to make him worth the use. Barriss was the healer I lucked out on and kept her in the front line to 60 and beyond...until Phasma supplanted her. Boba is capable of revive spam and his ability block can make for headaches to the oppositions AI strategy. Thats until you start facing teams that don't need specials to tear apart your without any specials. In upper tier play, Heal immunity and Crits trump any other ability out there right now. HI, is, frankly, imba.

Phasma has the health of a tank so could be considered one, but is a support character (just as Barriss is actually a healer). My 7* Chewie still outperforms a 5* Poe, so he's backup until he's leveled up. But that's where I'm aiming for tanks atm. If Han had more HP or some kind of heal, I'd be more willing to use him, but he's relegated to GW fodder teams these days because...he dies.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Calus_78 wrote: »
    Imperial Royal Guard is my favourite tank concept, just that defence is non existent. But if the scaled it right he would be badass. Well and Chewy as well.

At max skill and level, Royal Guard has ~25,000 HP. Who needs defense when you can soak damage like a hurt sponge?