Pledge not to spend until gw is fixed

2Next

Replies

• Baggodix wrote: »
    And for the record I've spent $30. Not a huge spend. And never gotten anything that wasn't farmable. But with 12 characters over 60 in purple gear most 4-6 stars I ought to have a chance to win more than once a month or so.

I spent 0, and this is my line up. I only have 8 characters over level 60, do you think I have a stronger overall roaster than you? I doubt it. but I clear GW every day. Now before you say I am lucky I must face weak opponents, I run into mid 60's to 70 7* gear 8 teams from 4th node until last, I will be happy to show you screen shots of my GW.

There are two things you can do to improve your chance to win:
    1) You MUST 7* few of your main characters.
    2) You need to learn to manipulate RNG by substitution. My fixed 4 character in each battle is Lumi/JC/Sid/Phasma. My usual 5th is Vadar or Boba Fett. If I can not beat a battle, I would put Taila or even the 2* FO Stormtrooper in, strangely I manage to win, sacrificing the 5th sub but with my 4 main toons near max healthy with 0 cooldown.

It's a strategy game, think hard and try all possibilities.

2yzmmuc.png

• Jaqen_Hghar
    491 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    bbmiLo wrote: »
    Baggodix wrote: »
    And for the record I've spent $30. Not a huge spend. And never gotten anything that wasn't farmable. But with 12 characters over 60 in purple gear most 4-6 stars I ought to have a chance to win more than once a month or so.

I spent 0, and this is my line up. I only have 8 characters over level 60, do you think I have a stronger overall roaster than you? I doubt it. but I clear GW every day. Now before you say I am lucky I must face weak opponents, I run into mid 60's to 70 7* gear 8 teams from 4th node until last, I will be happy to show you screen shots of my GW.

There are two things you can do to improve your chance to win:
    1) You MUST 7* few of your main characters.
    2) You need to learn to manipulate RNG by substitution. My fixed 4 character in each battle is Lumi/JC/Sid/Phasma. My usual 5th is Vadar or Boba Fett. If I can not beat a battle, I would put Taila or even the 2* FO Stormtrooper in, strangely I manage to win, sacrificing the 5th sub but with my 4 main toons near max healthy with 0 cooldown.

It's a strategy game, think hard and try all possibilities.

2yzmmuc.png

You have a very good roster that will make GW easier for you than what others may have. I wish I made some of the moves you did :\

I quoted your post because it is actually poesibilities. A simple misunderstanding, but one of my pet peeves.

• Altho id love to see the smart arses here, winning against dps team like ive gotten today, where i moved with my first guy, then didnt even have a 2chance, my has been wiped, full lv 70 7* gg vs my lv 60 main team.

I didnt even have a chance to retreat. Felt a bit dumb.

Lvl difference shouldnt be more than 3 lvl above and im happy, but getting lv 70 top rank 1 teams in row, vs im being lv 60 is a bit dumb.

Something being challenging, and being overkill is two different thing.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    RU486 wrote: »
    MikeTython wrote: »
    Yeah, the whole getting constant lvl 68-70 7 star purple geared teams after node 6 or 7 gets a little old but hey once we all get level 70 it won't really matter anymore right?

6th or 7th I can live with, I got a maxed 67 on the second node I'm only 61

If your only lvl 61 the you are not yet at endgame (GW is meant to be challenging endgame content) so if its challenging at endgame it should be hard/impossible at your lvl (you said 61).

That's working as intended, sorry but its true
    Please join me in a pledge to ea/cg not to spend another penny on this game until gw becomes more fairly balanced. Please comment with your game i.d. so that the devs can see how much money they are losing.

772-982-322

Wait, you pay to play this game, and still can't beat GW??

Wow, that was very helpful. You must have a LOT of friends.

Maybe you just suck.
    Look, good against pvp is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.
  • Most days, I go through GW with the same 5 characters from beginning to end. Sometimes I need to retreat and rethink my strategy. Every few days to once a week do I have to bring in a 6th or 7th character. It's on the rare occasion do I have to use a 'B' team.
    That's just how it goes for me. Maybe lucky, I'm not sure. If so, then it's the only way that the RNG gods are ever nice to me.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Please join me in a pledge to ea/cg not to spend another penny on this game until gw becomes more fairly balanced. Please comment with your game i.d. so that the devs can see how much money they are losing.

772-982-322

What lvl are you??????
    You keep saying "purple gear" but your not mentioning star ratings, or your lvl.

Im betting your not endgame yet if your having issues (which is correct) competing GW is meant to be endgame content so until your an endgame player with an endgame roster, just keep working on it. Its not unfair because they cant make it easy to appease you without making it laughable to the rest of us (which was the issue to begin with). They made it hard/impossible on purpose!
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    You are gonna be in a world of hurt once you realize that the "fix" to GW is making it harder. The devs have reiterated that GW should actually be harder and many should not expect to complete this every time.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    J7000 wrote: »
    You are gonna be in a world of hurt once you realize that the "fix" to GW is making it harder. The devs have reiterated that GW should actually be harder and many should not expect to complete this every time.

But its unfair (lmfao) he wants it fixed and i fully agree ;)

Devs fixed it by making it harder (thnx, it was far too easy before. Mostly it was a joke) now its alot more fun given that its more challenging BUT i like the idea to fix it. Make it even harder because tbh, i can take a subpar team and complete it most days without needing to sub out a toon and on days i cant run through with only an A team, i have a full purple B and C team (both mediocre as well) and get through no issue.

GWdoes need to be harder then they already buffed it i think
  • Around level 4 I get all level 70's. They use to start coming around the 8th round. More frustrating than fun imo.
  • It's balanced the problem is lack of teams being different. When we have more player team content we will see a lot less Poe only messes in gw.
  • Abyss wrote: »

772-982-322

What lvl are you??????
    You keep saying "purple gear" but your not mentioning star ratings, or your lvl.

Im betting your not endgame yet if your having issues (which is correct) competing GW is meant to be endgame content so until your an endgame player with an endgame roster, just keep working on it. Its not unfair because they cant make it easy to appease you without making it laughable to the rest of us (which was the issue to begin with). They made it hard/impossible on purpose!

2- 7*, 2-6*,3-5*, 5-4* all in at least level 7 gear. Most in level 8. I made level 69 today, but my characters are between 64-68 mostly. Add to that my suicide characters (I've got a ton) and I ought to get further. I'm not even looking to win very often, just to have enough success to help my team develop.
  • Nicks075 wrote: »

772-982-322

Maybe you just suck.

Trust me, the thought has crossed my mind!
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Nicks075 wrote: »

772-982-322

Maybe you just suck.

Lol dont think that way lol.
    Just keep building and keep at it. You'll get there.
  • Abyss wrote: »

772-982-322

Maybe you just suck.

Lol dont think that way lol.
    Just keep building and keep at it. You'll get there.

That was tongue in cheek, I actually think that part of my problem is I'm on an early server with tons of fully developed p2p characters. And, at least as important and probably more so, I have way too many characters half developed.
  • Mod should simply close this thread
  • It's not broken. It's working as intended. You are NOT supposed to be able to make it through with just 5 characters. For now, it is the only challenge in the game.

This "pledge" sounds like a petition. Petitions are against the forum rules.

Did your application to EA go through yet? You may want to gargle some EA as much as possible...
  • bbmiLo wrote: »

772-982-322

People like you act all bad on the internet. I am pretty sure you wouldn't have the (round objects) to say that to someone in public.

772-982-322

Maybe you just suck.

Maybe you continued attitude and obvious personal attacks will get you banned @FashionFett

772-982-322

meme5464192a5ae29b0f.jpg

772-982-322

Maybe you just suck.

Maybe you continued attitude and obvious personal attacks will get you banned @FashionFett

Said the man that just attacked someone in the post above.
    Look, good against pvp is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.
  • I will not pledge . Because there is nothing wrong with it.. I complete it everyday and if people think it goes by your arena rank I finish in the top 5 in my group everyday.. I'm sorry if some of you have trouble with it. The 1st thing about beating GW is never push the auto button.. If yo u lose a toon real fast retreat and try a different set up.. As the devs have said it is meant to be hard... I don't get easy battles either the 1st two battles are low 60's after that the other 10 battles are 68+ teams 7* maxed geared . I just plug away at them until I'm done sometimes retreating 3 or 4 times to win with out losing one of my Ateam..
  • I am 17/17 with 45 dollars spent. Good day scrub!
  • I'm going to side with reasonable people here and say I too will not be dropping another penny on this game until they balance GW.

I've only dropped $30 ish on this game thusfar so not a ton, but a few purchases because i was having fun.

I'm level 49, i have 20 characters. My main team i've been running GW is all 49 with level 6 gear and all are 4 stars. I have 4 backups that are also 49 with gear level 6 and 4 stars. Not the most astounding roster, but it's done me well so far.

Now suddenly I start to run into teams that are level 60, with complete teams of 5-6 stars and all purple gear... There is no way i can even come close to competing with this. Sidious' AOE takes 1/2 my teams health and 3 guys are finished off by single attacks before i even get my turn... no amount of strategy in the world can stop ridiculous power imbalance. I could have 100 characters, and if they all die before I can do anything, i can't even whittle the other team... was the matching done be an autistic Llama over there?

I can no longer complete GW, and I'm not gonna take the cashgrab bait of dropping $100 on crystals or anything of the sort. I was having a really good time with it, but If they don't do something about this **** soon, this game to me will fall into the delete category with a few fond memories of the great game that wasn't...

• For exactly seven days after the update, I had no clears. I had cleared every time but one prior.

I had all of my roster during this time wiped anywhere from 4th to 9th node.

I regularly place top 10 pvp. Top 1 when I have time to babysit snipe (rarely).

Since that one solid week of getting wiped, I have cleared every single day easily.

I do not know why or how the match ups happen. I do believe you if you tell me you're experiencing crazy match ups. I'm not going to belittle your play: progression and matchmaking are buggy.

Some folks never experience what you're talking about. Hopefully tomorrow's is better than today's!

Knights of the Mobile Republic

772-982-322

Maybe you just suck.

Said the man that just attacked someone in the post above.

Just a statement. I can understand how someone of your obvious Internet bravado might see that as a challenge...
  • Closed.

Un constructive flaming between players.

FashionFett.

This discussion has been closed.