The Perfect Guide for the Perfect Start

Replies

• Carto
    59 posts Member
    JediBen777, you can build a semi competitive clone team but take a lot of work. Mya advice: Go for St. Han in Arena and Boba in Canina shipment. This two can make you competitive in early game. IMO dont go with Ackbar for now.
  • Carto
    59 posts Member
    after boba go for fives
  • So if I wanted to try this, should I start now and try to get shoretrooper/baze/chirrut or wait until nihilus or phoenix squad is obtainable?
  • Okay, right now I have on the light side Chewbacca (4*), Luke (3*), Rex (4*), Jedi consul(4*) and Lumi (4*), Akbar (4*) and Kannan Jarrus (3*) at level 37. On the dark side hk47 (4*), RG(3*), Talia (3*), IG 88 (3*), IG 86 (2*), General Veers (3*), Tie fighter (2*), Genosian soldier (1*). getting totally lost as to what strategy I should take now.
    swgoh profile teamrex https://swgoh.gg/p/161639499/
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Supersnail wrote: »
    So if I wanted to try this, should I start now and try to get shoretrooper/baze/chirrut or wait until nihilus or phoenix squad is obtainable?
    The earlier you start, the more energy you can hoard. You've missed the Hera event but you'll probably be in time for next month events. At least it feels like they're releasing new characters on a monthly basis.
  • Ok I tried this out but I wasn't able to get the 350 crystals without reaching level 8, what'd I mess up?
  • Supersnail wrote: »
    Ok I tried this out but I wasn't able to get the 350 crystals without reaching level 8, what'd I mess up?

@Supersnail A recent update changed the level at which you join arena to 28, you don't have to worry about reaching level 8 anymore.
  • I fuked up boys,accidentaly got exp and got lvl28, well i have 2800 energy and 400 cantina. Got 4000 rank,will post how far i get.
  • OMG the first guy in my shard is 41 lvl chase with maul, 6*star lando and 5 star aa
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    It takes a lot longer for leaderboards to fill now, so 4000th position could be a few days difference from the leader.
  • Well with one refresh im under 1000. The only sad thing i wanted to wait the whole month and maybe wait baze to be farmable, since i rolled chirrut. Also i would have the whole phoenix squad. Well now to spend those 3k on the job hahah
  • mind pm me a updated version been trying to do this keep getting depressing pulls from packs
  • Have tried this for about 10 rerolls now. Have gotten Finn and Old Ben twice each. Either of those worth playing or should I hold out for something better? What would you guys say are the best 5 possible characters to pull from the first pack?
  • Have tried this for about 10 rerolls now. Have gotten Finn and Old Ben twice each. Either of those worth playing or should I hold out for something better? What would you guys say are the best 5 possible characters to pull from the first pack?

Did you ever get daka or Ayala? I did we can't all wait for wedgie
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    Just wanted to update that the upper limit for energy hoarding is more than 10K. Have no idea how much can actually be stored.

onKhXFX.png

I'm at 6500 right now. I got Barriss. I'm sticking with her because she insures me the early GW that I couldn't finish on my main account. I was tempted to start and get the Siths, but I'm waiting til mid to late May so I can unlock Palps in July. I'll have well over 10k energy by then and probably 2000 crystals. It was great that we got that free 500 when the game was down for half a day. Even if my arena rank is poor, I'll refresh till I'm top 50
  • Dude that is a huge boost and was my plan, but in an accident i screwed up and got exp that got me over 28. What i would recommend is get lvl8 so you can hoard cantina,and over 20 so you can finish events and challenges since they dont give exp. My plan was also to have a second GW team of phoenix squad. If you dont work to spend all that energy will be a grind in two days minimum. Also smart thing when you do plan to hop in jump after payout since you will get 5 free battles and 50 crystal refresh.
  • If you hit level 8, it puts you in a shard and then if you remain inactive, you would fall to last place. That's the way I understand it
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    If you hit level 8, it puts you in a shard and then if you remain inactive, you would fall to last place. That's the way I understand it
    You are correct. Once you hit lvl 8, you're instantly locked into that shard.
  • @Billcarson66 @Tavanh That is false, I disproved this a few days back by leveling a pre-update account to 28 and placing in the same shard as a guy starting the same day.
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    @MistSaint Then that means there wasn't enough players to create a new shard of 20,000 accounts; which is why both accounts were placed in the same shard. The guide does say that you need another random account to check Arena shards and try to get in the newest shard. I've gotten lucky and got a free placement of Rank 1 right away, but was quickly overthrown by whales.
  • @Tavanh So to make everything clear, you are not given a rank at 8.
    P.S.: Those whales just won't quit! Are you still top 10 though?

• @Bossmanz

Now that the game has changed in the way that Arena is not unlocked until level 28...is the shard you are put in still figured once you hit level 8? Or is it now figured when you hit level 28? Also, how do you feel it changes the guide with this change.

Ps. Thanks for the time put in to write the guide!
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    @MistSaint My bad, never knew the game changed the way this worked. I created my toon December 2016 and based off my information on that. As for my alt shard, before I decided to put it down, I was top 20 but there were about 1 kraken, 2 whales, a couple dolphins, and a lot of minnows. It was Rebel heavy but Baze reared his ugly head to top 10 spots.
  • @Tavanh Are you planning on creating a new one?
  • MistSaint
    53 posts Member
    edited March 2017
  • Billcarson66
    852 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    MistSaint wrote: »
    @Billcarson66 @Tavanh That is false, I disproved this a few days back by leveling a pre-update account to 28 and placing in the same shard as a guy starting the same day.

So it's been changed as of the QOL update? I would hate to blow over two months of patient waiting, plus I'm on IOS so it's kind of a pain to reroll. I just went on and Jaba told me it unlocks at 28. I never checked it before, I just trusted the guide's level 8. Might as well hoard cantina too. Would have probably had a thousand of that by now.
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    @MistSaint No. I think level another alt account would be trivial. In the end you'll be chasing after the new Meta to stay top 10.
  • How do you get 350 crystals with out going over level 7?
  • That 500 gift to everyone a few weeks back with the half day shut down clinched it, but I would have reached it by now from my log in rewards. I'm at almost a thousand crystals already. I want to have over 1500 crystals and 10k energy when I start.

I also picked May because my work schedule shifts then and I go on third shift. I have to stay up all night on my day off to keep my sleep schedule so i will spend that first night awake grinding through all that energy.
  • @Leodominate You no longer need to refrain from leveling to 8, an update changed this. You now join arena at level 28.