The only opponents I'm able to select in Fleet Arena...

lisztophobia
808 posts Member
edited March 2017
are people benefiting from the Biggs restore protection bug.

Plox nerf this (nearly) gamebreaking "feature," Capital Games. :D
Post edited by lisztophobia on

Replies

• Pretty diverse top 10 in my shard. I am usually #1 with Tarkin every day, but occasionally i miss the last battle and its a toss up between Ackbar/Mace's ship. More and more are going to Tarkin's ship and holding top 20 though... which is cool.

I 'd love to be a Jedi... But I sure as hell would use the dark side too...
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Maybe the dynamics of Fleet Arena are very different for people who've been playing for a longer time on older arena ladders. Or for spenders. I dunno.

Where I'm at (started playing December 2016, hanging around 15th-20th rank with people who have about 100-110k fleet power), the Biggs protection bug is a serious annoyance because the only way to win a battle is to put Biggs down extremely quick (pray for RNG). Or else I get stuck trying to chew through his protection bar several times over while his teammates pick off my ships one by one.

Maybe it's an L2P issue, but I don't think it is. There's an acknowledged bug that's keeping Biggs alive in Fleet Arena for a much longer time than he should be, and it needs to be fixed (preferably ASAP).
  • In my shard the fleet powers are way higher. Top 20 are at least 150k power. I'm at 161k power and i go from number 1 to 8-9 almost every day.
    I 'd love to be a Jedi... But I sure as hell would use the dark side too...
  • Maybe the dynamics of Fleet Arena are very different for people who've been playing for a longer time on older arena ladders. Or for spenders. I dunno.

Where I'm at (started playing December 2016, hanging around 15th-20th rank with people who have about 100-110k fleet power), the Biggs protection bug is a serious annoyance because the only way to win a battle is to put Biggs down extremely quick (pray for RNG). Or else I get stuck trying to chew through his protection bar several times over while his teammates pick off my ships one by one.

Maybe it's an L2P issue, but I don't think it is. There's an acknowledged bug that's keeping Biggs alive in Fleet Arena for a much longer time than he should be, and it needs to be fixed (preferably ASAP).

Its a L2P issue. Wait till you get a mace, biggs, fives, plo, maul, and sun fac/reaper then complain about all of the damage you cannot do. With 110k fleet power you would be lucky to have 200th on my shard. Want to complain about something broken with ships, complain about how tarkins ultimate is severely broken where 12 tie fighters attack and because of 1 dodge they all miss. At least biggs is defeatable regardless of the shield bug. You get 3 choices here, L2P, buy in, or don't gripe. If you know it is an issue, level your biggs and use it to your advantage like the other 2 million people that play. At least the field is level in this aspect.
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    With 110k fleet power you would be lucky to have 200th on my shard.
    If I was playing on your shard, I'd be playing against people who probably have many months more play time under their belts than I do. If you were on my shard, you'd be playing against people who've only been playing for a few months. The devs apparently decided that, unlike how things work in an MMORPG or the like, seniority in this game will be rewarded with approximately zilch. A wise decision, IMO.

In the meantime, the bug seems to be fixed as of a couple days ago, and Biggs is dying at a normal rate as he should.
  • With 110k fleet power you would be lucky to have 200th on my shard.
    If I was playing on your shard, I'd be playing against people who probably have many months more play time under their belts than I do. If you were on my shard, you'd be playing against people who've only been playing for a few months. The devs apparently decided that, unlike how things work in an MMORPG or the like, seniority in this game will be rewarded with approximately zilch. A wise decision, IMO.

In the meantime, the bug seems to be fixed as of a couple days ago, and Biggs is dying at a normal rate as he should.

i agree the zilch for senority in this aspect is wise as well. I am still not certain about what the "normal rate" was you were referring to. Certain comps liberally stack shields on biggs and does make him appear to have unbeatable shields which left me with a choice between avoiding certain players with such team comps or finding another workaround to win.
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I am still not certain about what the "normal rate" was you were referring to.
    I guess normal = eventually, so long as I'm not just burning off spare attempts after payout & testing my ships against some of the top 5-ish fleets that completely outclass mine.