Should I buy shoretrooper shards from shop with crystals?

I'm a level 74 and go farm him on light side hard I have to be 82. And I want to get my hands on Shoretrooper.
I was wondering if it would be smart to farm him from shipments with crystals.
Any recommendations?
Should I?

Replies

• I would also like to know the answer to this question. In my case i run a EP Vader TFP Boba SF team. I plan to replace soon ( in a couple of days) SF with B2. Since I face a lot of Wiggs + Chaze teams should I farm Shore ? And if yes who between B2 and Boba should I remove for him?
  • Just do the math...

100$ for 15,700 crystals = 157 crystals for 1$

If it is 80 crystals / shard and takes 330 shards to 7*, then it will cost approx 26,400 crystals.

26,400 / 157 = 168$ worth of crystals. Subtract out what you can earn from dailies and arena and you'll have you out of pocket expenses (if any)

So if you really want Shore... get 'em if you can afford him.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    I've got ShT using crystal and will let him 3* until I can unlock 9B. He does his job at 3* and is one of the 2 pre-taunter of the game.
  • If you really need him, you can spend crystals to unlock him at 3* and use him, so it´s not as much money as they said until he is usable. If you gear him, it is good enough at 3*. Then just wait to unlock 9B to get the rest of the shards. Even when you unlock 9B it will still be a long farm...
  • Hopelessly_Trying1
    49 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I would also like to know the answer to this question. In my case i run a EP Vader TFP Boba SF team. I plan to replace soon ( in a couple of days) SF with B2. Since I face a lot of Wiggs + Chaze teams should I farm Shore ? And if yes who between B2 and Boba should I remove for him?

Buy the shards to get him to 3 or 4*, this won't take too long and he is very viable at lower stars. However I wouldn't remove b2 or boba as they are both great toons against chaze, I would take out vader, he isn't bad just triggers Biggs alot and doesn't bring much to the others on the team. Unlike bobas ohko Vader's only gets bonus's from debuffs not buffs also so against chaze its pretty much neutralised. Also seriously do not take out b2 he is a really great toon against all sorts of teams, notably chaze. To summarise I would run EP, tfp, boba, b2 and shore.
    Hope this helps

Edit: if you really are set on keeping Vader I would swap out boba just because b2 is too much of a game changer against chaze.
  • My answer: No, not even close to being worth it with how they're valuating crystals/gear. Seeing as how gear is a much more valuable commodity, save the crystals for gear.
  • I would also like to know the answer to this question. In my case i run a EP Vader TFP Boba SF team. I plan to replace soon ( in a couple of days) SF with B2. Since I face a lot of Wiggs + Chaze teams should I farm Shore ? And if yes who between B2 and Boba should I remove for him?

Buy the shards to get him to 3 or 4*, this won't take too long and he is very viable at lower stars. However I wouldn't remove b2 or boba as they are both great toons against chaze, I would take out vader, he isn't bad just triggers Biggs alot and doesn't bring much to the others on the team. Unlike bobas ohko Vader's only gets bonus's from debuffs not buffs also so against chaze its pretty much neutralised. Also seriously do not take out b2 he is a really great toon against all sorts of teams, notably chaze. To summarise I would run EP, tfp, boba, b2 and shore.
    Hope this helps

Edit: if you really are set on keeping Vader I would swap out boba just because b2 is too much of a game changer against chaze.

Vader is my most developed toon because I am planning to put my first zeta on him, more for the good of the guild than for my own since I also have Maul. Until now, under EP leadership, Vader was a beast, but I don't know if it's because of his kit or because of the fact he is my only g10 toon, while TFP and Boba are g9 and EP, SF and B2 are g8.

I also am a F2P player, so while I make about 400,450 crystals in a day, until now I preferred to invest those crystals in refreshes and mods to keep my top 20, sometimes top 10 ranking in arena. I am kinda afraid that after spending the necessary 3200 crystals needed to unlock Shore, risking a setback in arena, my main source of crystals, to see that I can't find a room for him in my arena team, especially since I don't need him GW and I can't use him in raids.