Character Strategy- Darth Nihilus

Prev1
Kozispoon
3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
edited March 2018
Darth Nihilus
24ik33kgku2y.png
Sith Support that can instantly defeat enemies and reduces his own cooldowns through attacks against the enemy
Unlocks at: 3*
Available from: Lord of Hunger Event
Abilities

Changes are colored green.

Basic Attack – Ceaseless Craving:
zhsc72bg2tc6.gif
  • Deal Special damage to target enemy and Dispel all buffs on them. At max level, if any buffs were dispelled, reduce the cooldown of Drain Force by 1.
Special Attack – Drain Force:
lp6p1lvpzq1i.gif
  • Deal Special damage to all enemies with a 50% chance (doubled against debuffed enemies) to increase their cooldowns by 1. For each cooldown increased, reduce the cooldown of Annihilate by 1. (Cooldown 3-4) (Based on Ability Level).
Special Attack – Annihilate:
ddt0jyormtcb.gif
  • Instantly defeat target enemy. Nihilus gain Max Health equal to 40-100% of the target’s Max Health (Based on Ability Level). This ability can’t be Evaded and starts on cooldown. (Cooldown 8)
Leader Ability – Lord of Hunger:
  • Sith allies gain 30-60% Offense (Based on Ability Level) and 70-150% Health Steal (Based on Ability Level). Sith allies lose all Protection and gain that much Max Health. Sith allies are immune to Healing effects that aren’t Health Steal and can’t score Critical Hits.
Unique Ability – Wound in the Force:
  • At the start of each of his turns, Nihilus has a 70-100% (Based on Ability Level) chance to inflict Damage Over Time for 2 turns on a random enemy that doesn’t have any debuffs. If all enemies are debuffed, inflict Damage Over Time on a random enemy. At max level, at the start of each enemy turn, Nihilus inflicts Health Down on them for 2 turns.
    When allied Darth Sion or Darth Traya are inflicted with a debuff, Nihilus gains 10% Turn Meter and +30% Max Health (stacking) until the end of the encounter.
General Strategy
  • Focus on equipping characters with mods that provide protection and health to synergize with Lord of Hunger’s conversion of Protection to Health, and massive gain in Max Health.
  • Try and use Ceaseless Craving to dispel enemies’ buff effects, reducing the cooldown on Drain Force, which in turn can reduce the cooldown on Annihilate.
  • Annihilate can be a game changer, and the earlier you are able to use it, the more effective it normally is.
Hero Synergies
  • Pairing Darth Nihilus with Krennic and Death Trooper under a Darth Vader lead is an extremely potent combination that can increase enemy cooldowns by 2 turns while at the same time applying volleys of debuffs.
  • Lord of Hunger gives a new feel to the old Sith faction. Emperor Palpatine, Savage Opress, Count Dooku, and Darth Sidious are all great choices to add to a Darth Nihilus team. Try throwing a cleanser like General Kenobi into a four Sith team, it will probably be more useful than a 5th Sith.
Where to Use
Darth Nihilus lead teams are good in Galactic War because of the extremely high Health Steal it provides. Characters can top off their health through attack, as long you can keep the Healing Immunity debuffs off!

Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
Post edited by CG_Leviathan on

Replies

• xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    Making great use already ;)

OD1hctU.jpg
  • xReDeMpx wrote: »

OD1hctU.jpg

I know i have no control over what you people buy but all I'm saying is maybe the prices of packs wouldn't be so high if you guys didn't spend hundreds on them every time
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    DarthxMaul wrote: »
    xReDeMpx wrote: »

OD1hctU.jpg

I know i have no control over what you people buy but all I'm saying is maybe the prices of packs wouldn't be so high if you guys didn't spend hundreds on them every time

Didn't buy krennic or death trooper this time I decided to but don't blame EA pricing on me they were greedy before me
  • @CG_Kozispoon
    I'd like to ask before putting Zeta on Dooku.
    Is Zeta-Dooku able to get "Protection Recovery" under Nihilus leader skill ?
  • I'm surprised this isn't pinned, lol.
  • C1pher_Five
    267 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    RyoichiT wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon
    I'd like to ask before putting Zeta on Dooku.
    Is Zeta-Dooku able to get "Protection Recovery" under Nihilus leader skill ?

Nope. He does normal health recovery, not protection under the Lord of Hunger.
  • Has anyone zetaed Nihilus unique ?
    Is it worth it ?
  • Sifusan wrote: »
    Has anyone zetaed Nihilus unique ?
    Is it worth it ?

A guy on my shard has zeta unique on nihilus. It's worth it. It basically functions like an auto expose on every turn.
  • Sifusan
    59 posts Member
    6The6Bull6 wrote: »
    Sifusan wrote: »
    Is it worth it ?

A guy on my shard has zeta unique on nihilus. It's worth it. It basically functions like an auto expose on every turn.

Tanks but it's not an expose but a health down debuff so that's why I'm hesitating.
    Does this debuff go through tenacity like drain force ?
    Is it worth it ?

Tanks but it's not an expose but a health down debuff so that's why I'm hesitating.

Health down removes 20% health, exposes target loses 20% health next they are attacked. There for health down is basically the same as expose, arguably better because don't have to damage the toon to have the 20% health reduction. Tenacity will prevent health down.
  • Aarcher
    138 posts Member
    Is it worth it ?

Curious if this stacks? Description would seem to indicate yes - each debuff adds -20% max Health right?
    942-122-371
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Aarcher wrote: »
    Is it worth it ?

Curious if this stacks? Description would seem to indicate yes - each debuff adds -20% max Health right?

It doesn't. It just reduces enemy max health by 20% multiplicatively. Will not be consumed like expose and can be cleansed to regain health.
  • Sifusan
    59 posts Member
    Is it worth it ?

Health down removes 20% health, exposes target loses 20% health next they are attacked. There for health down is basically the same as expose, arguably better because don't have to damage the toon to have the 20% health reduction. Tenacity will prevent health down.

Thanks for the explanation.

Check this screenshot below from a guild mate :
    686356IMG5526.jpg

Health down is applied through foresight (zQGJ lead).
    If the debuff is applied before Yoda's turn, that explains why he has health down and then tenacity.
    But if the debuff is applied after Yoda's turn, then health down is also applied through tenacity
    Bug or WAI ?
    If it's WAI, then yes, this zeta is really interesting.
    Is it worth it ?

Thanks for the explanation.

Check this screenshot below from a guild mate :
    686356IMG5526.jpg

Health down is applied through foresight (zQGJ lead).
    If the debuff is applied before Yoda's turn, that explains why he has health down and then tenacity.
    But if the debuff is applied after Yoda's turn, then health down is also applied through tenacity
    Bug or WAI ?
    If it's WAI, then yes, this zeta is really interesting.

The debuff is applies at the start of your turn so yoda cannot prevent heal down on himself. I have to beat the nihilus team everyday for my payout. So I have it figured out fairly well.
  • Ok for tenacity but is it WAI that debuff applies through foresight ?
  • GA_Phoenix
    368 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Foresight only protects from attacks (except omegaed Annihilate, Culling Blade and Exterminate).
    DN Special is no attack.

Vaders Abbility Block from his primary also goes through foresight if the target is an Jedi.
  • Hello, maybe there is a bug in the abilities of the nihilus to the 1st incessant desire and the 2nd time to recharge drainage force, both in the case should not work with power x tenacity, because to their abilities there is nothing specifying that it can not be Resisted, so the two skills should work as debuff or remove shift meter power x tenacity
  • Yagamibr
    20 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Hello, maybe there is a bug in the 1st and 2nd skill of the nihilus, the same should work with power x tenacity.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Yagamibr wrote: »
    Hello, maybe there is a bug in the abilities of the nihilus to the 1st incessant desire and the 2nd time to recharge drainage force, both in the case should not work with power x tenacity, because to their abilities there is nothing specifying that it can not be Resisted, so the two skills should work as debuff or remove shift meter power x tenacity

His 2nd skill is coded to be unresistable.
  • I find Nihilus is worthless in GW because the cooldown for annihilate resets every battle, so it cannot be used.
  • How fast is your Nihilus, @MemphisDoc?
  • Zooey wrote: »
    Yagamibr wrote: »
    Hello, maybe there is a bug in the abilities of the nihilus to the 1st incessant desire and the 2nd time to recharge drainage force, both in the case should not work with power x tenacity, because to their abilities there is nothing specifying that it can not be Resisted, so the two skills should work as debuff or remove shift meter power x tenacity

His 2nd skill is coded to be unresistable.

Unfortunately so. They should change the wording of the ability or change the unresistable coding.
  • My Nihillus is on Level 85 and on 6 stars. I have been putting effort. He is always me leader
  • Darth Nihilus
    24ik33kgku2y.png
    Sith Support that can instantly defeat enemies and reduces his own cooldowns through attacks against the enemy
    Abilities
    zhsc72bg2tc6.gif
    • Deal Special damage to target enemy and Dispel all buffs on them. At max level, if any buffs were dispelled, reduce the cooldown of Drain Force by 1.
    lp6p1lvpzq1i.gif
    • Deal Special damage to all enemies with a 50% chance (doubled against debuffed enemies) to increase their cooldowns by 1. For each cooldown increased, reduce the cooldown of Annihilate by 1. (Cooldown 3-4) (Based on Ability Level).
    ddt0jyormtcb.gif
    • Instantly defeat target enemy. Nihilus gain Max Health equal to 40-100% of the target’s Max Health (Based on Ability Level). This ability can’t be Evaded and starts on cooldown. (Cooldown 8)
    • Sith allies gain 30-60% Offense (Based on Ability Level) and 70-150% Health Steal (Based on Ability Level). Sith allies lose all Protection and gain that much Max Health. Sith allies are immune to Healing effects that aren’t Health Steal and can’t score Critical Hits.
    • At the start of each of his turns, Nihilus has a 70-100% (Based on Ability Level) chance to inflict Damage Over Time for 2 turns on a random enemy that doesn’t have any debuffs. If all enemies are debuffed, inflict Damage Over Time on a random enemy. At max level, at the start of each enemy turn, Nihilus inflicts Health Down on them for 2 turns.
    General Strategy
    • Focus on equipping characters with mods that provide protection and health to synergize with Lord of Hunger’s conversion of Protection to Health, and massive gain in Max Health.
    • Try and use Ceaseless Craving to dispel enemies’ buff effects, reducing the cooldown on Drain Force, which in turn can reduce the cooldown on Annihilate.
    • Annihilate can be a game changer, and the earlier you are able to use it, the more effective it normally is.
    Hero Synergies
    • Pairing Darth Nihilus with Krennic and Death Trooper under a Darth Vader lead is an extremely potent combination that can increase enemy cooldowns by 2 turns while at the same time applying volleys of debuffs.
    • Lord of Hunger gives a new feel to the old Sith faction. Emperor Palpatine, Savage Opress, Count Dooku, and Darth Sidious are all great choices to add to a Darth Nihilus team. Try throwing a cleanser like General Kenobi into a four Sith team, it will probably be more useful than a 5th Sith.
    Where to Use
    Darth Nihilus lead teams are good in Galactic War because of the extremely high Health Steal it provides. Characters can top off their health through attack, as long you can keep the Healing Immunity debuffs off!
    MemphisDoc wrote: »
    I find Nihilus is worthless in GW because the cooldown for annihilate resets every battle, so it cannot be used.

I agree, PLEASE READ AND CONSIDER THIS!
    He is a great character, and it is obvious why his ability must start on cooldown... But could you lower it to 6 or 7? Or at the very least, fix it so that after each new battle in Galactic Campaign his cooldown doesn't reset. It is literally almost impossible for him to use it before the battle is over. It would really make him more worthwhile to upgrade.
  • DarkLord7 wrote: »
    Darth Nihilus
    24ik33kgku2y.png
    Abilities
    zhsc72bg2tc6.gif
    lp6p1lvpzq1i.gif
    ddt0jyormtcb.gif
    General Strategy
    Hero Synergies
    Where to Use
    I find Nihilus is worthless in GW because the cooldown for annihilate resets every battle, so it cannot be used.
    It is literally almost impossible for him to use it before the battle is over. It would really make him more worthwhile to upgrade.

Negative, ghost rider. If Annihilate is the only thing that makes him worth while to you, please, don't waste your time.

He is soooooo much better than just Annihilate.

• MemphisDoc wrote: »

I use DN led Sith teams in every node after the 5th or 6th until the end. It's a breeze and annhiliation is rarely needed. He is great for GW
  • Lekrom1982
    343 posts Member
    edited March 2017

I use DN led Sith teams in every node after the 5th or 6th until the end. It's a breeze and annhiliation is rarely needed. He is great for GW

This.
    Yes.
    I tend to use my growing rebels squad under Akbar (Akbar, Wedge, Leia, Scarif) for first 5 nodes.

Sith squad under DN from there. (DN, DV, DS, Boba, Phasma/ST/SA). And for the harder GW nodes you can definitely use Annhilate. I'm also jumping nicely on my arena ranks with this combo of DN, DV, DS, Boba and Phasma. If Phasma can land one marching orders in first or 2nd round of attack I will win the round 9/10.

My team is well modded for speed, health, potency and tenacity and normally I can land debuffs on first rounds and apply drain force as first attack from DN. If opposing team is strong there is at least someone left to annhilate at the end with the ability reduced to 3/4 cooldown after using drain force. His debuff on primary attack is also invaluable, especially since it can't be "ability blocked".

• EZKill
    112 posts Member

Ditto. I just run my DN team from start to finish in GW. The majority of battles don't last for more than the 3 rounds it takes for his drain CD to reset. Haven't had any problem with harder nodes (6, 10-12) either against opponents 5-10 levels higher than mine. I just swap out Ventress for Boba or Kylo on those harder fights while keeping the other 4 the same. Think I've completed over 20 GWs in a roll with DN lead.
  • xXItsTryhardPVPXx
    101 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    EZKill wrote: »

Ditto. I just run my DN team from start to finish in GW. The majority of battles don't last for more than the 3 rounds it takes for his drain CD to reset. Haven't had any problem with harder nodes (6, 10-12) either against opponents 5-10 levels higher than mine. I just swap out Ventress for Boba or Kylo on those harder fights while keeping the other 4 the same. Think I've completed over 20 GWs in a roll with DN lead.

Double ditto.
    I use DN wherever I can, because Sith is my best faction and my team is very well organized if I do say so myself.
    DN lead
    DV
    DS
    ST
    For this spot I currently use Maul as a placeholder until I can get Palps in the upcoming event.

Anyway, as you can see all the toons have attacks that damage all enemies, which equals insane health steal.