The Perfect Guide for the Perfect Start

Replies

• @Billcarson66 When did you start and how much until now?
  • MistSaint wrote: »
    @Leodominate You no longer need to refrain from leveling to 8, an update changed this. You now join arena at level 28.

Well I missed out on a free Phoenix 2 star team. I'll still get last couple. I've only been playing two and a half months so I'm amazed I can't remember fighting in the arena at level 8. How big of an advantage did you get waiting?
  • MistSaint
    53 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    @Billcarson66 I actually decided to start hoarding February 28th because of those 500 crystals they gave out. I rerolled SEVERAL times until I got two satisfactory toons, Old Ben and Chirrut. I've managed to get all PS toons until now, amassed credits, gear, energy, droids, etc. I'm also in a guild from which I receive currency regularly from challenges and raids.
  • Billcarson66
    852 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    MistSaint wrote: »
    @Billcarson66 When did you start and how much until now?

I started the account I use January 8th. I read this guide sometime towards the end of January and started the second account. It sits at level 7 with 6600+ energy and 1000 crystals. I got Barris on my chromium and have collected all shipments so I sit at about 200k credits

I will wait til may to join a shard as then I switch to third shift at work and have to stay up all night on my day off to keep my sleep schedule. I figure I will need that whole night to grind through all my energy. I was gonna use the crystals to refresh arena if I get a large arena rank number. I figure even those who spend wont do it all on the first day. No reason I shouldn't be top ten by the time the sun rises.

The best thing is I have learned from the mistakes I have made. I'm sure I'll make more, but I will now know what I am doing.
  • @Billcarson66 If you would level to 22, you could be accruing a lot of resources. I have over 3m credits and more than 100 pieces of each challenge gear, aside from the gear from shipments. My guild also donates to me everyday.
  • Yea...I'm gonna start tonight. I'm glad you came forward as now I can get a couple months of hoarding other things instead of just white and green gear.
    @Billcarson66 If you would level to 22, you could be accruing a lot of resources. I have over 3m credits and more than 100 pieces of each challenge gear, aside from the gear from shipments. My guild also donates to me everyday.

How do you get away with the guild thing? No way you produce your 600 tickets on any day but challenges day as you would get xp. Do they know you are waiting and are ok with that?
  • MistSaint
    53 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    @Billcarson66 They're aware of my plans and are cool with it. I used to get currency from LS and DS energy spending activity as well but I'm too close to 28, so only challenges now. I also get currency and gear from Rancor tier III and IV.
    @Billcarson66 They're aware of my plans and are cool with it. I used to get currency from LS and DS energy spending activity as well but I'm too close to 28, so only challenges now. I also get currency and gear from Rancor tier III and IV.

Well I got to 22 so I could unlock all the challenges. I even managed to beat the second tier of the Zeb challenge. I ended the night with 500k and I'm only down 200 energy to go from 7 to 22. I'm not gonna join a guild as I made the mistake of making a minor account even tho I'm 40 so I won't be able to chat and explain why I only contribute the one day of the week. I'll creep towards 28 over the next few days since I can then get the bulk of my exp from completing a few dailies instead of a 1 for 1 energy spend. It sucks I missed Hera as I think the chopper, Zeb, Sabine, And Ezra I do get won't be as good without her.

On a side note of all 5 free daily bronziums I've opened, I've only got a full unlock of RG and CUP.
  • Mrjenkins
    383 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Rg unlocks on his own. I bronzium unlocked ahoska one on account, lucky. Veers, not so much
  • @Billcarson66 I only managed to get Talia, of almost a whole month opening free bronziums.
    @Billcarson66 I only managed to get Talia, of almost a whole month opening free bronziums.

Beats CUP, but I'm greatful for the extra 7 RG shards.
  • Izza
    85 posts Member
    So have you guys started arena after hoarding? Any updates? I just started the alt a week ago and at L16 now.
  • I'm still holding off until my first week when I switch to third shift and have to stay awake my first night off as I figure it will take that whole night to burn through the 15k+, 2k+ energies I will have. On the plus side, I'll have a synergized 2* Phoenix team to start and their 3* ships. I'm so glad they made those events easy enough for my level 27 squad to beat part of. Mine has also been going long enough to collect both of the 500 crystal apologies so I should start with almost 3500 crystals to do a lot of refreshes if I get a bad arena rank.
  • Izza
    85 posts Member
    I'm still holding off until my first week when I switch to third shift and have to stay awake my first night off as I figure it will take that whole night to burn through the 15k+, 2k+ energies I will have. On the plus side, I'll have a synergized 2* Phoenix team to start and their 3* ships. I'm so glad they made those events easy enough for my level 27 squad to beat part of. Mine has also been going long enough to collect both of the 500 crystal apologies so I should start with almost 3500 crystals to do a lot of refreshes if I get a bad arena rank.

Nice! i started the alt after the Phoenix events so no such luck for me. But I've got 1k free crystals and made best use of the cantina double drop. My only issue is how much energy I'll be able to burn through, given that there will be a limited amount of sim tickets. I figure around 400 tickets will take care of roughly 3k energy, and another 2k or so by auto battles.
  • Izza wrote: »
    I'm still holding off until my first week when I switch to third shift and have to stay awake my first night off as I figure it will take that whole night to burn through the 15k+, 2k+ energies I will have. On the plus side, I'll have a synergized 2* Phoenix team to start and their 3* ships. I'm so glad they made those events easy enough for my level 27 squad to beat part of. Mine has also been going long enough to collect both of the 500 crystal apologies so I should start with almost 3500 crystals to do a lot of refreshes if I get a bad arena rank.

Nice! i started the alt after the Phoenix events so no such luck for me. But I've got 1k free crystals and made best use of the cantina double drop. My only issue is how much energy I'll be able to burn through, given that there will be a limited amount of sim tickets. I figure around 400 tickets will take care of roughly 3k energy, and another 2k or so by auto battles.

Yup, that's why I'm waiting for my schedule switch. Having to stay up al night, I'll be board. Thankfully there is 4x speed. The head start might not overcome the spenders who grab the droid pack or something right away, but it should make things easier. My regular account will always be held behind because I'm in a guild with my six year old son. We play together, but I can't control what he does when he is at his moms so he wastes resources. We are I a casual guild so squad developement doesn't matter. I want to do heroic and get kenobi so I need to join a serious guild. My alt will become my main and my main will just be fun with the kid.
  • Lekrom1982
    343 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I made a mistake of accidentally claiming a daily reward instead of my 6pm crystal allotment 3 weeks ago and then took my hoarding account over L28 with just under 4k energy and 900 cantina energy. Decided to roll with it. Got to top20 arena within 3 days but was only able to get to L44/45 with my hoarded energy. Was still able to get a good head start, farm and star Lando to 6* from Cantina, and now am able to hold between 20-40 each day in Arena. Slowly growing stronger and I have been able to use the double drop as well.

Currently able to run the following arena team after going live with the acc around 22 March:
    Lando 6* G7
    Boba 5* G7
    QGJ 5* G7
    STH 5* G7
    Vader 4* G7

I have also got JC 5*, Mace 5*, Lumi 5*, Kylo 5*, IGD 4*, JKA 4*, Biggs 4*, Tarkin 4* (from event), Akbar 4* (from event), entire Phoenix squad 2*, Ahsoka 3*, etc, most G5/6.

Following this method surely does give you a great head start.
    I am getting a new phone soon and might do another hoarding account to take to 20k before going live.
  • Thanks for that update. With 1k cantina energy I was tempted to go live during double drops. I have 30 Kylo shards from feb login. I probably could have 7* him. I just don't have time to fight all those battles right now. It's nice that I got the two apology 500 crystal gifts. I hope these next two empire events are easy enough to unlock the two characters. That will let me start with a full Phoenix team and a full empire team. Should make GW easier. On my main, I only cleared GW once or twice in my first month. I am weary about that accidental activity grab. I originally left myself over 100xp shy of leveling up, but couldn't resist doing as much double drop Lando farming as I could. I think I'm most happy about the fact I will be starting with almost 10 mil credits.
  • MistSaint
    53 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Still hoarding, I also got an iTunes gift card as a gift and got Anakin, as well as B2, Cad Bane, Maul, Ackbar and Sith Trooper from chromiums. Sadly, no Baze.
  • Lekrom1982
    343 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    @MistSaint that is an impressive lineup to start with! You can do a Maul, JKA, Trooper, B2 team from the get-go.

@Billcarson66 10mil credits? wow - only from credit heist and bounty hunter challenge hoarding?

I forgot to say that when I get my last 3 IGD shards tomorrow I will unlock 5* Yoda, not sure many people on L57 can do that.
  • Well, I guessing. I have 5 million now and won't go live for another 5-6 weeks due to my work schedule. If the events keep up at this pace....I got 300k from each of the Phoenix events(and there were a lot of them), plus I did 2 tiers of yoda, and daily login from Feb, march, April, and May. It all adds up. I hope I can get Gar and the Imperial Dude too.
  • Faroer
    246 posts Member
    Is lvl 28 shard placement for arena confirmed? I know you don't actually start competing in arena until lvl 28 now, but does that mean you are not actually placed in shard until lvl 28 as well - meaning so you can join a completely fresh shard if you time hitting lvl 28 right?
  • Billcarson66
    852 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    @Faroer That's the way I understand it. I'm about a week away from testing it.
  • Lekrom1982
    343 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    @Faroer @Billcarson66 I can confirm, I landed in a shard at 5000 but top 10 were definitely a day or two ahead of me.

Update on my progress since going past L28 end March:

Now LvL72
    Holding top50 in arena every day, I can get into mid 20s but top 20 locked out by heavy whaling chaze-r1-nihilus teams. Holding top15 in fleet arena every day.

I have been able to get a 5* yoda and 6* palp.
    Currently have:
    7* Lando, Boba and STHan
    6* Biggs, Palp, QGJ, Ackbar, Bodhi (needed him for Palp event haha)
    5* Vader, Yoda, Mace, Kylo
    and lots of 4* chars

Ships I have:
    4* Biggs, Ahsoka, Ackbar, Mace, Tarkin
    3* JC, TFP, CS, Ghost, Phantom
    actually not too far from unlocking Vader's ship

Good luck to those intending to go live soon!
  • @Lekrom1982

Well, depending on my work schedule, I'll be going live in the next week or two. I currently have two star Phoenix team and ships, Gar and his trooper, but no ship. I am 52/89 on Vader, 50/145 on EP, and 50/145 on yoda.

I have 4012 crystals(1500 from the apologies), 14,095 reg energy, 2493 cantina energy, and 8.08 million credits. I will post how far I get that first day.
  • @Billcarson66 sounds like you are well prepped! The credits all come from challenge completion?

The 2 star Phoenix team did well for me in the beginning, especially when you just start with GW, their synergy can take you through a couple of the nodes and you can spare your arena team for the end.

You will probably face quite a couple of chaze-R1 teams. I found a very good counter to them running Lando, STHan, Vader, Boba and QGJ. QGJ to dispel Baze pretaunt and gain offense up, Lando to spam aoe, Boba to execute Chirrut and Vader to clean up the mess after with force choke and culling blade.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    I doubt Phoenix team is good enough to maintain top ranks. Because of the higher level requirement, a lot of casual gamers never make it to Squad Arena, leaderboards take way longer to fill, and accumulate a lot more whales. You'll still get a headstart over the other FTP though so it's something I guess.
  • @Lekrom1982

The credis came mostly from all those Phoenix events. You got 150k per tier I believe.and yoda and palp events.i have enough crystals to unlock either Baze or DN. That's gonna be my tough decision.
  • yes @Huatimus - have to say as a crew they didn't benefit me long (probably to lvl50 or so in a lesser degree). Their ships do help when you first unlock ships, and I still run with their two ships (made sure I geared them all to 6 at least) - but I can see their effectiveness now waning and am working on other ships to replace them. The PhantomII is a great utility ship, the Ghost less so.
  • Hey everyone, all good? So I made the same mistake as @Lekrom1982 and accidentally claimed a daily and lvled to 28 two days ago. I am now lvl 42 and have managed to get 1st on both days. I usually stay on 2nd but when my payout comes I can claim 1st. I've also gotten Vader and Lando already. Things are going swell. Also, I can confirm that Phoenix Squad is not viable in arena at two stars, but they are good in GW. They can maintain their health at max until later nodes due to the uniques of Zeb, Chopper and Kanan. I started with about 6600 energy and still have about 3600.