Waited too long to try heroic Rancor

Just_Me_Not_You
285 posts Member
edited March 2017
Our guild just tried it for the first time. We beat it in 45 minutes. If your guild is thinking about it plan to give it a try.

Replies

• Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Congrats. Now you get to abide by like 100 rules your guild leader is about make.

proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi11.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fa187%2FTRADMIC%2FSW%2520gifs%2Fswdancegunganheadnod.gif&hash=773388b3c26b37a7089ff6c153b99e0f

• War
    932 posts Member
    My guild does one team only, we all enter at a set time and for those soloing phases you don't finish your attack until a different set time. This allows everybody to start from P1, or later phase if they prefer, and get to go all out without messing it up for everyone else.
  • Yeah we just Started heroic rancor about a week ago and we were shocked we finished it faster then tier 6. Our only rule is minimum damage (usually 1-5 weakest toons) first 24 to give everyone in different time zones a chance to poke the rancor then it's all out.
  • My guild can clear t6 with one refresh. Does that mean we can clear heroic?
  • My guild can clear t6 with one refresh. Does that mean we can clear heroic?

Give it a whirl. What's the downside? 1 dose of tier six rewards? Fortune favors the bold!
  • danrussoa wrote: »
    My guild can clear t6 with one refresh. Does that mean we can clear heroic?

Give it a whirl. What's the downside? 1 dose of tier six rewards? Fortune favors the bold!

Hahah alright! How much faster is the heroic rancor? My teebo is borderline fast for T6, just in time for TMR when it has like 95% turn meter.
  • Lucky7th
    36 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    danrussoa wrote: »

Hahah alright! How much faster is the heroic rancor? My teebo is borderline fast for T6, just in time for TMR when it has like 95% turn meter.

Heroic rancor is extremely easy, it's all about tm reduction so make sure your tm removal toons have potency mods, I finally got my Teebo from 50% potency to 68% potency and it made a huge difference, my team consists of Teebo g8, QGJ g11, Rex g8, Biggs g8, fives g9, QGJ is at 99% potency, Rex is at 40% and I can do a little more than 50% of phase 1, I'll be replacing 5s with Vader because I just got him to 7* and will eventually replace Biggs with TFP when I 7* TFP
  • Lucky7th wrote: »

Heroic rancor is extremely easy, it's all about tm reduction so make sure your tm removal toons have potency mods, I finally got my Teebo from 50% potency to 68% potency and it made a huge difference, my team consists of Teebo g8, QGJ g10, Rex g8, Biggs g8, fives g9, QGJ is around 80% potency, Rex is at 40% and I can do a little more than 50% of phase 1, I'll be replacing 5s with Vader because I just got him to 7* and will eventually replace Biggs with TFP when I 7* TFP

Oh i guess i have some way to go then..only have teebo and gqj both g8 around 60ish potency :(
  • I would go try it. All the advice on the forum doesn't come close to doing it yourself and seeing it firsthand.
  • Lucky7th wrote: »

Heroic rancor is extremely easy, it's all about tm reduction so make sure your tm removal toons have potency mods, I finally got my Teebo from 50% potency to 68% potency and it made a huge difference, my team consists of Teebo g8, QGJ g10, Rex g8, Biggs g8, fives g9, QGJ is around 80% potency, Rex is at 40% and I can do a little more than 50% of phase 1, I'll be replacing 5s with Vader because I just got him to 7* and will eventually replace Biggs with TFP when I 7* TFP

Oh i guess i have some way to go then..only have teebo and gqj both g8 around 60ish potency :(

I'd recommend farming TFP, he applies tenacity down so you don't need a ton of potency
  • Ok will take a leap of faith today (already have tfp) Thx for the advice guys!
  • 60 potency on Teebo might do the trick.. Before Vader i could solo phase 1 and bout half way thru second. AND teebo is only gear 9. All you need is to make sure people dont go crazy on phase 1, so you have teebos for every phase. After you know you can clear it, go nuts.
  • I solo'd the pigs with
    Teebo 50% potency g9
    Wiggs g10,g11
    Qgj g11 80%potency

Rnge was on my side.

Just try it if you think you are close. We coordinated everything and turned out we didn't need to.
  • Gavsta
    201 posts Member
    I'd give it a try... Teebo with greater than 50-60%, along with QGJ with 50+% potency and other TMR (Rex, Yoda...etc), slow down (5s), speed up (Phasma) toons will give you a good shot if you focus on the TMR for every attack. Max out their potency with your best potency mods and you'll be able to deal with the piggies and P2 of the Heroic Rancor with good damage. Maybe not all of it, but if you've a few people in your guildwith similar potent TMR characters, you'll smash it! :-)
    Then use up all your heavy DPS characters for the rest.
    Our guild was the same, gave it a whirl, and we were shocked how easy we got thru it.
    In the meantime, keep gearing/starring/modding up toons for the raid to make it quicker.
    Then focus on AAT raid toons once yr finishing the Heroic Rancor raid quickly.
  • Gavsta wrote: »
    I'd give it a try... Teebo with greater than 50-60%, along with QGJ with 50+% potency and other TMR (Rex, Yoda...etc), slow down (5s), speed up (Phasma) toons will give you a good shot if you focus on the TMR for every attack. Max out their potency with your best potency mods and you'll be able to deal with the piggies and P2 of the Heroic Rancor with good damage. Maybe not all of it, but if you've a few people in your guildwith similar potent TMR characters, you'll smash it! :-)
    Then use up all your heavy DPS characters for the rest.
    Our guild was the same, gave it a whirl, and we were shocked how easy we got thru it.
    In the meantime, keep gearing/starring/modding up toons for the raid to make it quicker.
    Then focus on AAT raid toons once yr finishing the Heroic Rancor raid quickly.

Suprisingly my guild finished it less than an hour. Thanks u guys!!!!
  • Soon you will want his health buffed.