Speed Mod Challenge Tier III help

My current resistance squad can 3* tier II, but gets crushed in tier III.
Currently running:
Finn - (L) g8, lvl 65, 5*
Rey - g10, lvl 85, 7*
Resistance Pilot - g8, lvl 65, 5*
Resistance Trooper - g7, lvl 62, 5*
Poe - g8, lvl 61, 5*

Rey has all her abilities omega'd, she's got ok mods and 195 speed. The others have no mods and their abilities have only been upgraded on average to lvl 5.
How much do I need to improve these toons to beat the tier III chllenge?
I want to use as few resources as humanly possible because I don't really like any of these characters. Will it be enough if I bump R-trooper up to g8 and bring them all up to level 70, or do I need to go higher?
I would also greatly appreciate any tactics or tips for the most effective way to use this squad. Right now I'm basically just dealing as much damage as I can, rather than running a coherent strategy.

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    put mods on em and you should be fine.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    For the tier 3 mod challenges, your team's combined power usually needs to be more than about 30,000
  • eneko
    61 posts Member
    I three starred the challenge yesterday. I upped the level of the resistance toons to about 75 on average (the lowest kept being obliterated). I also had level up all my mediocre mods, even change some mods that were pathetic. Here is my squad, I believe a slightly lower leveled squad might have made the 3*, RNG permitting.

Rey 7*, 85, X.
    RP 7*, 76, VIII
    RT 5*, 74, VII
    Finn 5*, 76, IX
    Poe 7*, 76, VIII

Mods OK (at level 15), but nothing to die for, perhaps Rey's mods are pretty good. Point is three-star the challenge, so you can start the looong grind for that kickin' speed set.
  • I just 3* my challenge a couple days ago. RNG plays a big role as I found that all stages except the last one randomly selects what configuration of toons you get and how many, (5 Resistance pilots I was never able to beat), but I kept trying and moved some mods on and managed. All mods were MKV 12-15 and all their abilities leveled as high as I could.

Finn (Lead) 5*,75,VIII
    Poe 7*,75,VIII
    Rey 7*,75,VIII
    Pilot 6*,75,VII
    Trooper 5*,75,VII
  • Caedas
    215 posts Member
    Without a level 85 at least g8 team, rng will either be your best friend or worst enemy. So, you know, like always.

I had all resistance to about 85 g8, except for RT. The only thing that saved him was them not targeting him for some reason. For all waves.
  • Chewie_says_Aaarww
    753 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    AleranCoda wrote: »
    I just 3* my challenge a couple days ago. RNG plays a big role as I found that all stages except the last one randomly selects what configuration of toons you get and how many, (5 Resistance pilots I was never able to beat), but I kept trying and moved some mods on and managed. All mods were MKV 12-15 and all their abilities leveled as high as I could.

Finn (Lead) 5*,75,VIII
    Poe 7*,75,VIII
    Rey 7*,75,VIII
    Pilot 6*,75,VII
    Trooper 5*,75,VII

@AleranCoda , Thx for posting the stats of your 3* squad! :smiley: This gives me hope. I really want to spend the least amount of resources on my resistance squad. Think I will try your set up :) Will level them all lvl 70, 5* or 6*, gear VII and then use my arena mods (+80 speed average with +216% crit damage). Hope it will be enough!
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Mastoraz
    156 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I just beat it I had

7* Rey g10 lvl 85
    5* Finn g8 lvl 72
    7* Poe g8 lvl 72
    5* Res trooper g7 lvl 72
    5* Res pilot g7 lvl 72

Mods....bad...didnt even swap from my main toons so they were nothing to look at... Lots were not even lvl 15.

I ran it few times... Making sure first round they dont target my weaker toons first. Also each round I didn't hold back specials...idea was to have them ready for rounds 3 and 5...but that just got me in worse situation.

So it's beatable with not a very invested team at all.
  • You say "crushed" so it sounds like you're pretty far off still.

You're probably fine with gear, but Trooper is going to have some survivability issues. If you can get him to G8 that would be much better. If you have long term plans for Poe, definitely gear him up so he has more health and protection, and it will make his taunt more effective at keeping the other toons alive.

I would level them all to 75 at least. It's a relatively small investment (and you can buy credits with arena tokens) and it should help a little.

Biggest thing is mods, pay what it costs to move your best mods onto the team. That will make the biggest difference. You only have to 3* it once, so make the investment.

• Maybe invest in RP? Personally, I don't mind putting more into the pilots since they are useful elsewhere. Plus - FO and RS teams are likely to be needed when the new movie comes out... so... personally FoTP and phasma led the way in the FO mod challenge. Rey and RP led the way in the speed one as well.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Caedas
    215 posts Member
    RP is nasty if you build him. Plus his ship is nice since it has daze.
  • Caedas wrote: »
    RP is nasty if you build him. Plus his ship is nice since it has daze.

Her.
  • Numanoid wrote: »
    Her.
    If she had a more revealing costume, it might be easier to tell. The orange pajamas are not a flattering look.