Options
    The name of the ship is SW-06-08
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Cesium wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    ZephimyrAC wrote: »
    A call sign typically designates the mission.

Not true - Tom Cruise in Top Gun, his call sign is Maverick, that is neither the name of his ship or the mission.

I believe that when Bodhi answered that rebel commander on the radio asking for his call sign - he gave the name of the call sign for the ship itself - not an individual or name of mission - but the call sign for the ship.

This is why I believe the "name" of the ship is Rogue One.

But why then would that be the name of the movie? They wouldn't name the movie after the ship that got them to scarriff... that wouldn't make any sense. They would name the movie after the mission

It's symbolic as the ship they used made the mission - a legendary mission that brought about the destruction of the Death Star. Perfect name for the movie.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    hnewton wrote: »

That is the ship's ID number. Imperials give names to classes of ships (e.g Tie Fighter, Star Destroyer or Lambda Shuttle) and individual capital ships (e.g Executrix or Executor etc).

The ships call sign "name" designated by the Rebels (or Bodhi) is Rogue One.
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Options
    Cesium wrote: »

Not true - Tom Cruise in Top Gun, his call sign is Maverick, that is neither the name of his ship or the mission.

I believe that when Bodhi answered that rebel commander on the radio asking for his call sign - he gave the name of the call sign for the ship itself - not an individual or name of mission - but the call sign for the ship.

But why then would that be the name of the movie? They wouldn't name the movie after the ship that got them to scarriff... that wouldn't make any sense. They would name the movie after the mission

Rogue one is more of a symbol, I think. The "rogue one" rebels inspired rogue squadron, which were an elite group of rebel pilots. They fought against the AT-ATs in the battle of hoth.
  • Options
    A call sign is used to identify a unique user on a communication channel. Sometimes (like with NASA missions) the ship and the mission share the same call sign (vessel and number). But in a story about space wizards, we can take the name to mean whatever the heck we want. In the world of the story, I believe the call sign refers not only to the ship (as part of the Alliance fleet) but also the crew aboard. At any rate, we need the shuttle and Bodhi!
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Options
    Carbonari wrote: »
    A call sign is used to identify a unique user on a communication channel. Sometimes (like with NASA missions) the ship and the mission share the same call sign (vessel and number). But in a story about space wizards, we can take the name to mean whatever the heck we want. In the world of the story, I believe the call sign refers not only to the ship (as part of the Alliance fleet) but also the crew aboard. At any rate, we need the shuttle and Bodhi!

Thanks for clearing that up
  • Options
    This must be a Aprils Fools joke....So any ideas who the real character will be; maybe Thawn, Hondo, Old Rex?
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Ive seen some suspicious dev posts when asked about rebels ahsoka. Might be nothing.

Ill look for a link
  • Options
    they are just using premade models made for force arena... they have half the work done
  • Options

In military aviation, the call signs are attached to the unit and the mission, at least in a combat/training zone. The actual name of the aircraft is its tail number.

However, if they ever do release the rogue one ship that's probably what they're going to call it because that's what the audience knows it as.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    they are just using premade models made for force arena... they have half the work done

Netmarble has nothing to do with EA or CG
  • Options
    I run SRP in Arena and he's been an MVP often.

I hope, I want Rook. My favorite character.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

In military aviation, the call signs are attached to the unit and the mission, at least in a combat/training zone. The actual name of the aircraft is its tail number.

However, if they ever do release the rogue one ship that's probably what they're going to call it because that's what the audience knows it as.

Yup. One of the most popular aviation call signs in the USA... Air Force One.
  • Bt_7274
    357 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    hnewton wrote: »

That is the ship's ID number. Imperials give names to classes of ships (e.g Tie Fighter, Star Destroyer or Lambda Shuttle) and individual capital ships (e.g Executrix or Executor etc).

The ships call sign "name" designated by the Rebels (or Bodhi) is Rogue One.

Dude accept it its sw-0608 and i have a source ,here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/SW-0608
    Fun fact:the ship is a zeta class carge shuttle :wink:
    discord:Darth Woodman#6467,looking for shardmates:Warrior ìN,skirge2000,GlideX,erykgx,harunalp,TDB,Kiwida,dyloot,pm me on discord plz
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    If there's anything I got from reading above, it's that Pao is useless and doesn't deserve to be in the game.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    benacrow wrote: »
    If there's anything I got from reading above, it's that Pao is useless and doesn't deserve to be in the game.

Pao will be needed to use the Ship Rogue One in space battles, and on land he will be the new Meta.
  • Options
    benacrow wrote: »

It's bad enough that Bistan is in the game, but I'll understand that rogue one wasn't out yet when bistan was released. If they needed a rogue one character to release because the movie is out in DVD, why couldn't they just wait to release deathtrooper and Krennic now? Or at least give us a named character like saw Guerrera or Galen erso?

I just feel insulting to think that they spent time working on this *thing* while meanwhile the only Luke we have is farmboy Luke, and we still don't have Padme, any naboo characters, or B1 battle droids and meanwhile mace windu is still garbage...
  • eneko
    61 posts Member
    Options
    Pao will have strong synergies with the CUP. Those two were pals back in Coruscant.
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    WHOA! Didnt even realize there was a new toon! Cant believe nobody has made a thread about it before you!

Chill boyo, not everyone reads the updates for whatever reason.
  • Arkham
    275 posts Member
    Options
    Roadburn12 wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »
    WHOA! Didnt even realize there was a new toon! Cant believe nobody has made a thread about it before you!

Is there a link where the devs stated he is being released?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/100363/game-update-3-21-2017#latest

Right at the bottom, says aprils login character will "drop with a pao"

Rolls eyes... just playing off the quote before mine

Wish it said POW. I'm really waiting for Batman in game

There's a DC clone of this game-- so you can get your Batman fix.

Not as good though ...
    Enthusiast of undervalued toons, general dismisser of trends,
    https://swgoh.gg/u/arkham/, A Team
  • Options
    Fear not. They will add a zeta for Pao that lets him inflict the new debuff of Mild Annoyance. Then he'll be totally worth it.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    What do you all think of Pao now that CLS is out? That AoE defense down sounds like it'll work out well with Luke and Luke's counter attack lead sounds quite agreeable with Pao.