What ideas would you add to a new guild raid.

Prev1
KueChael
930 posts Moderator
Like raid format, rewards and groups needed to complete.

IMO I'd like to see a 8 stage raid, where players are required to use certain factions to complete the raid. Character reset daily. No heroic
So the guild enters and the First stage is first order. The goal is to kill 1000 resistance toons. At the top is a count down so the guild knows where it is. Not difficult but very tedious. A team of five First order vs 6 Resistance, every 100 killed a boss hero pops up.

The second stage might use Scoundels/Bounty hunters and separatist , third stage Resistance, fourth Jawas and Clones, fifth stage Empire, sixth stage droids and ewoks, 7th stage Rebels, 8th stage is for all factions but is 2000.

Rewards would grant random packs, gear, mods and guild coin.
Top 10 teams get chromium 8x packs, 11-20 get 4x chromium pack, 20-50 get 2, 1x chromium packs. Gear rewarded like aat raid, mod packs for top 10.

Replies

• I'm guessing that the next raid will be an AT-AT for Jedi Luke.
  • Following the OP's train of thought...

-Empire only Raid (no Sith), the opponents are 1000 Ewoks.
    -Ewok only Raid (no Rebels), the opponents are 1000 Empire (no Sith)

Rinse and repeats for Clones vs B1 Battle Droids, and Jedi vs Super Battle Droids.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Make it so zMaul team can score 5M in P3.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Make it so zMaul team can score 5M in P3.

"Whenever you dodge the boss adds a turn to the enrage meter instead of reducing it"
  • Reskin the Rancor into Jar Jar, and keep everything the same.

*ducks and runs*
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    I would like to see a Death Star raid... Jedi Luke would be the perfect reward!!
  • I love this idea would give reason to get every faction.
  • Reskin the Rancor into Jar Jar, and keep everything the same.

*ducks and runs*

Make the guards gungans
  • Two words...

TRASH MONSTER
  • I like the idea of fighting thousands of toons, but I'd expand on it a little bit.

You start out in a 5v5, with the enemy toons all being Stormtrooper variants. You fight them like a normal battle, but once a certain number of turns have been taken (the counter ticks whenever you or the enemy go), 1 additional enemy comes in. After that number of turns is taken again, 2 come in. After the turns are taken again, 4 come in. The exponential gain keep increasing up to a maximum number of 30.

If the maximum number is reached or a certain number of turns are taken, all the enemies become immune to TM-reduction and stun effects, as well as gaining the usual enrage effects.

Every certain number of enemy spawns, a boss will come in like Vader or Palpatine, but with different abilities than their usual ones (to keep things interesting).

Right now, single-target damage is king in raids (especially pit), so it would be interesting to see AOE-characters be given their time to shine.

Plus, who hasn't always wanted to see 30 units with debuffs get IG-88 AOE'd. Oh, the dps. THE DPS!
  • War
    932 posts Member
    How about a Dark Side raid? We already have two Light Side themed raids for Light Side characters, let's do a Dark Side raid for a Dark Side character.

A Battle of Hoth raid granting bonuses to Empire and Sith units would be great. Yes I know Sith meta, but the plan would be for EP and Vader to receive both bonuses. Not their fault Maul and the rest of them would receive a bonus buff as well. Character wise I'm not sure who would be appropriate unfortunately. Veers is already in the game and he was the hero of that battle.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Isn't there a mode or map in Battlefront where you do part with field troops and part with ships? I think it's their Death Star map. They should do something like that where p1-3 is the normal toons fighting on the death star, and p4 is the trench run. Maybe p1-2 is normal toons, p3 is above the Death Star, and p4 is the trench run. Although an exhaust port is a pretty boring target to take repeated shots at.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    edited March 2017
    I don't think Luke should be tied as a reward, he's a yoda/ EP type character. If there should be 1 character reward, it should be a darkside character.

But my point was to increase gear/mods and rare player shards. Not a single player, because once you complete the raid player interest drops. This raid would keep you trying to hit Nihulus, Death trooper, Krenic, Phoenix squad characters at this point, and would evolve when the characters become farmable and removed.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    The reason why uncommon/ minor factions would work together would be to find new synergies, but keeping the BIG 4 factions to themselves. This would be more of an endurance raid, rewards could come after every phase, then unlock the next phase.

Example: using your first order team and defeating stage 1 rewards you, 2 - 5* mods, 800 raid credits. Starting stage 2 you put your new team in and when you finish you may receive 5 rare shards and 4 pcs of rare gear. Etc...Etc. At the end you have a cumulative score rank and receive final rewards for the entire raid.
  • I know we have the Rancor but I really want a Jabba raid. In fact, just modify the Rancor raid where you have the pigs in phase 1, Rancor in phase 2, skiff guards and Bounty Hunters in phase 3, Jabba as phase 4. Fighting the Rancor for 3 phases is boring.

I love the idea of a Hoth Raid. Phase 1... Imperial probe droids. Phase 2... Wampa. Phase 3... Snow troopers. Phase 4... AT-ST

• Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Starkiller Base
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    1 thing I would love to see in the next raid or even better all future raids:

A similar based reward system to the guild activities, the more damage your guild does the better everyone's rewards are. After that a breakdown like it is now based in damage is great, but give us something for working together.

I know we have this with tiers, because you need a strong group to do t7, but still it would be nice to have a 3 day raid where we are all just dumping in damage and seeing a reward beyond just completion.
  • Per the OP -- it would need to be worked carefully. TBH -- as you have it, Lando and a good Tank or 4 could solo the rebel portion of that, and the open part, if it weren't done right.

I would like to see new raids, or even the ones we have now, get a full stop at some point. Force a 15 minute cool down, then you jump back in. We have a guild with real working people in it and it's a problem where they can't always be on during the 30 minute window the raid is going.

I'm fully prepared to see a Hoth Leia and Hoth Luke, maybe even a hoth Han, all come along with an AT-At raid -- don't think it necessarily has to be RotJ Luke at all... be prepared. Probably end up with Old Man Luke before any of them, however.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    I would like to see a raid more being like an strategic invasion:

a map having a like 3 routes ... on each route you have some nodes (like 3 parallel Galactic Wars) the last node is the target of all 3 routes. you first have to clear all nodes on each route (but you can work on all 3 routes at the same time). so some guild members work on route 1, while others work on route 2 and a 3rd group works on route 3.

The first 2 nodes of each route is the landing spot for your troops. first, you have to clear the space, means first node = ships vs other ships ... i like the idea of OP saying you need to destroy 1k characters, in this case ships ... so lets say you face an opponent fleet and have to destroy 1k of regular ships in total ... its simply 5 ships with (995 ships reinforcements). node 2 is the capital ship, destroy the capatil ship = your fleed against 2-4 regular ships + 1 capital shop, which of corse needs to be targeted.

with space clean, you start the invasion on ground ... node 3 is clear landing spot with your ships (destroy 1k heavy canons on ground). finally done with ships ...

node 4 - 11 is troops vs troops and/or bosses

node 12 is the same last spot for all 3 routes and unlocks when all 3 are cleared. node 12 is who ever should be the end-boss.

i would also like to see a bit more interaction between guild members ... lets say 1 member has to fight a opponents squad and keep them busy, while another guild member tries to do what ever (open a door, blow up a storage house, defeat a sub-boss ... whatever). if one member fails, the other one should get targeted immediately. so we have to work together. and of corse, it needs some case of timer/timeout-mechanic to not just start battle, nothing doing but wait, until the mate is done. ;)
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    edited March 2017
    I'm fully prepared to see a Hoth Leia and Hoth Luke, maybe even a hoth Han, all come along with an AT-At raid -- don't think it necessarily has to be RotJ Luke at all... be prepared. Probably end up with Old Man Luke before any of them, however.

I don't think old man will come till before episode 9. ROTJ might be next. Hoth Leia. But I'd like to see more darkside troopers, AT-AT driver, knights of Ren, Acolytes of the beyond, all cannon, Gallius Rex. I understand the AOE could do too much damage, but if that's the case and the enemy starts with 6 characters all at 85 lvl , an empire squad might have 2 Tie pilots, and a Shore trooper, 2 storm troopers, 1 snow trooper . Facing them and having to deal with all the AOE, buffs, taunting and then bosses would make this a haul. Most teams wouldn't get through 1000 troops and 10 bosses.
  • A raid no one can solo would be a good change....
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    edited March 2017
    The bosses, and all their unique abilities would be like walls. Like part 3 of aat raid, you'd have 6 characters maxed level and high gear (not max it's an endurance event) , then after 100 are defeated a boss pops up with full gear and max level. The other characters keep respawning when defeated but randomly a new character comes in. In theory, you could be going up against 6 shore troopers at a point in the raid. How annoying would that be.( And fun. )

It would be a true guild effort to defeat this raid. And if you miss out on some aspect, don't worry, it's a huge raid. It won't end in 1 day. Or 2 days. Your eventually going to drop your health, and get caught by a team with real good synergy.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Aglardae wrote: »
    A raid no one can solo would be a good change....

No one is soloing HAAT.

Not with 1 team and not in a time frame that matters.

I'm not even sure 1 person can do what those 3 did when they finished it with 3 people.
  • EZKill
    112 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Gungan eradication raid. Instead of fighting a few strong enemies, we would be fighting against wave after wave of Gungans of all varieties (shield bearers, cavalry, reg ball chucking grunts etc) for the first three phases. Also mix in a few turn limit based battles where you have to take out those walking shield generators in order to progress further. If you fail to take out the shield generator within the allotted turn limit, Jar Jar Binks will show up and insta-wipe your raid team by talking them to death.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Goodhelmet wrote: »
    I know we have the Rancor but I really want a Jabba raid. In fact, just modify the Rancor raid where you have the pigs in phase 1, Rancor in phase 2, skiff guards and Bounty Hunters in phase 3, Jabba as phase 4. Fighting the Rancor for 3 phases is boring.

I love the idea of a Hoth Raid. Phase 1... Imperial probe droids. Phase 2... Wampa. Phase 3... Snow troopers. Phase 4... AT-ST

Perfect!!!
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    The0n3 wrote: »
    I would like to see a Death Star raid... Jedi Luke would be the perfect reward!!

No way!!

My guild are trying so hard but we haven't been able to beat a heroic pit raid yet, and yet I am facing teams with GK in GW - not fair!

I have played this game since inception and have waited long enough for Jedi Luke - It would literally be years before I would unlock any toon as a 3rd raid rewards.

I think I'd probably kick the can with this game.
  • New raid should be fighting Light side toons and have a Dark Side toon as reward
  • Order 66
    Death Star

But I also like the idea of 6-8 (12) phases.
    Or hybrid raids (ship phase(s) included).
    Or single toon phase.
    Raids for the whole community at the same time.

3toon phases
    Double lead phases, triple lead phases
    Faction only phases/raids sound cool as well

Phases with stages:
    Like military might has 8 stages, which is 1/4 phases​. You have to beat it, to score. Special abilities available (not only "retreat")

Give us 3 reward boxes, where we have to pick one.

• War
    932 posts Member
    New raid should be fighting Light side toons and have a Dark Side toon as reward

Yes.
  • tkl
    295 posts Member
    The0n3 wrote: »

+1 i was saying this for a while