How to play to SWGOH on a device not originally being under iOS/Android ???

Harsiesys
58 posts Member
edited February 2016
Hi everyone,

I recently acquired a Surface Pro 4 in anticipation of the sale of my iPad Pro (this one was too big for me). The Surface Pro 4 works as a charm and gives me full satisfaction.

However, i cannot play SWGOH with it since it works neither on iOS nor on Android but on Windows.
Yet SWGOH only works through iOS/Android.

I know several ways exist to work with a Mac under Windows (Bootcamp for instance). I also know other ways exist to work with a PC under Mac (Hackintosh for instance).

What i'm looking for is the way to get a PC to work under iOS (which is not the same thing than Mac). From what i've seen, several emulators exist (beware of fake ones like iPadian which is only a dirdy mediocre shtt).

I should specify that my account is from Game Center on iOS.

Not being a professional computer scientist, but only a simple enlightened newby, i request the help of players from our community to find together a solution to this problem.

Thank you for everything you can do for me, and for others who might be in the same situation.

- - -

Salut à tous,

J'ai récemment fait l'acquisition d'une Surface Pro 4 en prévision de la revente de mon iPad Pro (il était vraiment trop grand). La Surface Pro 4 qui fonctionne très bien me donne désormais pleine satisfaction.

Je ne peux cependant je ne peux par pour l'instant jouer à SWGOH dessus puisqu'elle ne fonctionne ni sous iOS ni sous Android mais sous Windows.
Or SWGOH ne fonctionne que sous iOS/Android.

Je sais que plusieurs moyens existent pour travailler avec un Mac sous Windows (Bootcamp par exemple). Je sais aussi que d'autres moyens existent pour travailler avec un PC sous Mac (Hackintosh par exemple).

Ce que je cherche c'est le moyen de faire fonctionner avec un PC sous iOS (qui n'est pas la même chose que Mac). D'après ce que j'ai vu, il existe plusieurs émulseurs (attention à de faux émulateurs comme iPadian qui n'est qu'une **** de très médiocre qualité).

Je précise que mon compte est issu du Game Center d'iOS.

N'étant pas un informaticien professionnel, mais un simple amateur éclairé, je sollicite l'aide des joueurs de notre communauté afin de trouver une solution à ce problème.

En vous remerciant pour ce que vous pourrez faire pour moi et pour d'autres qui, peut-être, sont dans la même situation.

Replies

• Options
    There are no iOS emulators for PC. I have looked. The only way to play an iOS game is on a mobile Apple device. Sorry. Hopefully I am wrong and someone will have another idea.
  • Options
    BlackBerry devices run the Android version ok, doesn't help your situation though.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    There was a program called bluestacks that let you play android games on a pc...not sure if it would work for you.
  • Options
    Naugrin wrote: »
    There was a program called bluestacks that let you play android games on a pc...not sure if it would work for you.

Try this. There are emulators for android games such as bluestacks. I don't know if it will work though.
  • Options
    You could use bluestacks, or the official Dev emulator. But you can't port your ios account.
  • Options
    Bluestacks is good because you get ig86 and 400 crystals with new swgoh accounts. I spammed new accounts on bluestacks until I rolled Rey in a chromium pack. Also got lucky and landed on a new server and now at lvl 56 I'm top 5 arena running a resistance team with a fat Rey.
  • Harsiesys
    58 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Harsiesys wrote: »

I'm afraid Bluestacks will only result in forcing me to make a new account.
    Yet i'm 70 and top 5 on my server, it would ruin all efforts and time spent in game... :(
  • Options
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you're stuffed. There is no way to properly run ios on a Windows device. As you rightly pointed out, ipadian is a malware infested scam.
  • Harsiesys
    58 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hope SWGOH will allow one day the access to the game by login & password... It would solve everything
    This would mean we could play the game no matter the machine and software we use :neutral:
  • Options
    Yet i'm 70 and top 5 on my server, it would ruin all efforts and time spent in game... :(
    This interested me... did you solve you problem yet? If not, I suggest buying a $30 android phone (4.5 to 5.0 inch). Its weird because I always thought my 10.1 tablet would complete my gaming need (swgoh), but I end up using a light weight phone instead xD

ps. sell your expensive tablet and get a cheap and used smartphone. Their purpose is the same.

• Options
    Jsnazz wrote: »
    This interested me... did you solve you problem yet? If not, I suggest buying a $30 android phone (4.5 to 5.0 inch). Its weird because I always thought my 10.1 tablet would complete my gaming need (swgoh), but I end up using a light weight phone instead xD

ps. sell your expensive tablet and get a cheap and used smartphone. Their purpose is the same.

That solves nothing, his original account was on iOS.
  • Options

That solves nothing, his original account was on iOS.
    No shet. Why you think my first question was far? or better yet do you have a better solution?

• Vodo
    332 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Not sure, but does game data get saved when you connect to facebook? If yes, then you could maybe log in the game from a friends device, connect there to facebook, install bluestacks on your Surface and then log into the game with facebook again.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Here is the problem, iOS is desined to run on a special arm architecture that only apple use, however its based on the unix from OSX(they are not the same), so its possible run an emulator on a OSX, but MS is using there own core system that are not capeble of running it probberly, in theory it should be possble to run iOS on a linux core, but havent heard of it, but there must be someone on the net who had tried it
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options

I'm afraid Bluestacks will only result in forcing me to make a new account.

finish the tutorial then go to Settings and Add your account I did it if you possibly need further assistance message me.
  • Options
    I tried what you told me, i'm afraid it's not working 'cause i can't access my account
    I sent you a message, if you can help me i'll be glad
    I guess if your solution works it could be great for everyone who wants to shift between iOS and Android
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    As has been pointed out the problem is that you are trying to go from its to android (there are good android emulators no good iOS).

Currently this is not supported directly from everything I have read.

I would suggest getting onto your account on an iOS devices and get your player id, can be found under settings and submit a help ticket to see if they can move your account over to a Google play account, need to sign up for Gmail if you already don'the have one. They pray they can.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Well, this wouldn't help as well cos i want to keep playing to the game to my iPhone too...
    I'm afraid there is no solution
    Thanx anyway for trying
  • Options
    Swgoh is not cross platform yet so since your account is iOS it won't work with blue stacks as it is android I've already looked into this because I have iPhone but would like to play on my computer so until they apply cross platform we are stuck with iOS only devices for our current accounts
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Another route to consider is looking for iOS emulator for android. Then run it inside bluestacks. A quick Google search found this site.
    http://www.alltechfeed.com/ios-emulator-for-android-iemu-apk/

I do not have anything iOS related and not sure how well running an emulator in an emulator will work but may be worth a try.

We I get home this weekend I will see if I can give it a test drive and let you know how it works.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    I could not find an actual ios emulator for android to try it out.
  • Options
    You can run ios apps on android operating system using iOS EMulator, Only thing is that you need to find pefect iOS EMulator, Latest iEMU iOS Emulator allows you to Play and install all ios apps on android smartdevices
    Hey It's Tech Geek,Meet me @ Makeyupdates for all queries regarding Tech, Android, iOS Updates
  • DjangoQuik
    863 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I've used the Andy Android emulator for some games before - tried Bluestacks too but preferred Andy. It's easy to install/use on the Windows based Surface tablets.

Edit - Ah yeah just read the iOS bit - sorry nothing can help you with that. You'll have to just stick to your iphone for swgoh.
  • Options
    i have same problem and am still looking for answers.... wow that post was almost a year old now... so...
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Run an android emulator and contact support about getting your iOS account ported to android because they do that now
  • Options
    i have same problem and am still looking for answers.... wow that post was almost a year old now... so...

Actually it was 2 years old. Thread necro! OP from Feb 2016
  • Options
    Wow I found it, it works perfectly! You use bluestacks 3 and on install of bluestacks it asks you to log in to googleplay with your gmail acct. which I did, full knowing that google play and iOS aren't compatible (one is android and the other Mac) I then went to google play and downloaded the android Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, and installed it. I then went to the games settings in left corner of home screen in the game and there is a link in there that says link with device. I I then got on my iPhone and logged into my game and went to the link with devices and got the number to input into my pc, dont close your iphone game till you link them just get the # and pout it into your pc and after it gives you a 4 digit confirmation text sent to your phone, it will tell you that both are linked and that you cant use them at the same time. So the key is to play the game android style on an android emulator and the game skips everything to do with iOS 11.2.6. Works just like I wanted it to. Thank you devs for puting that lil treat onto the game for me.
  • Options
    You CAN switch from android to iPhone (at least iPhone XR). Follow this link:
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-galaxy-heroes/self-service-tool-star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes/