The Emperor is not pleased

Prev1
Palpatine is not pleased with Maul running rampant over arena. He wants a zeta to once again show his dominance in arena

Replies

• spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    EP is fine. i wish people would stop **** about maul
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    spotremix wrote: »

This. The primary reason Maul is such a high % of arena is simply because people refuse to think for themselves. Now, many people either run Zaul (like a sheep) or run to the forums to cry nerf (also, like a sheep).

The % of Zaul leads is actually relatively small compared to other meta's when certain leads made up to 75% of the leads in arena. Examples:

OB/Dooku (dodge meta - dependant on which "flavor" you preferred)
    HK-47/Poe (Droid meta - about a year ago - again, depending on which way you hard farmed)
    Wedge/Lando (depending on how fast your Biggs was)
    - and those are just some.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • also take my above post coming from a person who's absolutely favorite character in the star wars universe is emperor palpatine. i don't think he needs a zeta.
  • I'm gonna zeta Maul, I love sith though, it's perhaps my strongest faction. Doesn't make me a sheep because I want to upgrade characters that I enjoy from the movies. The sith are just hella cool! EP is pretty viable even without a zeta, so I don't think that he needs one. Wait another 6 months then he will start being buried by the power creep and maybe need a zeta by then
  • i've been running sith from the first day i started playing the game. i love the sith.
  • spotremix wrote: »

This. EP is awesome. And Zaul is beatable. The end.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    lmao, every thread that mentions maul, people flock to it defending him like thier life depends on it.

This dude didn't even say he needs a nerf, all he was asking for is a Palpatine zeta. Anyone saying Palpatine doesn't need a zeta is just being an ****. Why should Palpatine not get a zeta? Why should any toon that doesn't have a zeta not get one?

I dont even run Palpatine, but I think it'd be cool to see some more zetas drop.
  • I don't get why he needs one he's viable on pretty much any team. Zetas were given to relatively underpowered toons such as Maul, Qui Gon, and Sid, palp is far from underpowered. What else can they do with palp without breaking him? Plenty of other weaker toons should receive zetas before palp gets one
  • Give him a zeta that allows him to target stealthed enemies... that should be fun.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    rex lead
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Mullato wrote: »
    lmao, every thread that mentions maul, people flock to it defending him like thier life depends on it.

This dude didn't even say he needs a nerf, all he was asking for is a Palpatine zeta. Anyone saying Palpatine doesn't need a zeta is just being an ****. Why should Palpatine not get a zeta? Why should any toon that doesn't have a zeta not get one?

I dont even run Palpatine, but I think it'd be cool to see some more zetas drop.

why should he get a zeta??

personally i think zeta's should be reserved for the best of the best toons. this would include palpatine but there are toons that have them that don't deserve them.

the rebels? offee?
  • Mullato wrote: »

Exactly. I wasn't complaining about Maul one bit. Im just saying that the Emperor should get a zeta. Why? Cause its the freaking Emperor!

• SwiftMooky wrote: »

This. EP is awesome. And Zaul is beatable. The end.

Exactly. I got Zaul, I had fun, but I'm running DN lead again (zeta imminent). Zaul can be defeated.

And EP is already godlike, I don't think he needs a Zeta
  • What if they zetad Let the Hate Flow and gave him the ability to bring a fallen Sith Ally back to life with 50% health?

I mean, he did supposedly have the ability to stop death.

Or hell, just break him and make his zeta that he cannot be killed except by Vader throwing him into the power core of the Death Star.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Palpi has gotten much better with and vs zMaul teams, if anything palpi should thank maul for being so prominent in arena ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

This. The primary reason Maul is such a high % of arena is simply because people refuse to think for themselves. Now, many people either run Zaul (like a sheep) or run to the forums to cry nerf (also, like a sheep).

The % of Zaul leads is actually relatively small compared to other meta's when certain leads made up to 75% of the leads in arena. Examples:

HK-47/Poe (Droid meta - about a year ago - again, depending on which way you hard farmed)

I'm pretty sure the reason people are running zMaul is because he makes up for a lack of good mods. I wouldn't call them sheep. The TM gain is extremely helpful if you don't have the best mods. zMaul plus SAss is a solid combination if you have subpar mods.

Essentially you can put all of the blame for this Meta on CG due to the speed secondary wall.

The cry for nerfs is definitely annoying.
  • Monxie
    559 posts Member
    Zaul is fine, but seriously, every leader ability should have a zeta.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Monxie wrote: »

I think rex is fine without a zeta for the time being. (i use rex lead in arena)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Mullato wrote: »

Well said!!
    +1
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    If there's one thing Palpatine would not be pleased is being run under Rebel leads. This really is an insult to the Emperor of the Galaxy.
  • ptr
    173 posts Member
    yes I am still running EP lead so Zeta would be really cool.
    But tbh EP is powerful enough even without Zeta and I think older characters should get updates first
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Why not every toon a zeta? Then no one will complain

not every charcter can get one, unless level 9 abilities are added or there ate other major changes. luckily ep can has two abilities at level 7 so he can get two zeta abilities
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    ptr wrote: »
    yes I am still running EP lead so Zeta would be really cool.
    But tbh EP is powerful enough even without Zeta and I think older characters should get updates first

oh yeah it no doubt would be cool but it's not needed.

but i'm not to the zeta point yet. i don't have the challenge unlocked and i have purchased a single one. i always think i've come across a zeta toon now and then in my shard but some would indicate otherwise because i don't see zeta's as a game changer. so that has me wondering if i've really come across a zeta toon yet. i would say my shard is probably an older shard. i started between april and may of last year. a lot of my shard is still doing the rebel meta. lots of wiggando teams.

• Wiggs has been a longer, more difficult, impacting team than any one Zeta'd toon. Most combos only last a little while until the next Meta.
    Ally Code 299-731-212
  • Monxie
    559 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    leef wrote: »
    Monxie wrote: »

I think rex is fine without a zeta for the time being. (i use rex lead in arena)
    Rex is indeed fine, but that's really only on offense. He leadership needs something more to be as good as Zaul. Or they need to give Rex something else, more damage etc.
  • I don't think people are trashing him about suggesting a zeta. It seems clear that EP is more than effective without one so if you're considering toons for future zetas there are probably other ones that could use a boost to improve their viability versus EP who's pretty lethal as is.
  • The funniest thing about Maul was everyone complaining he **** and needed a rework. The devs listen and give him a rework and meow everyone is complaining about that. Can't please all the people all the time. Same thing will happen when Jedi Luke. Thousands of threads about why there isn't one in the game and when he gets released there will be a thousand threads about him being OP or whatever.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Rey + Palpatine meta = Nerf REP Threads

55edc1a4f0034b3c9437bb9746478029.gif
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

I'm doing a Rex lead screw zaul