Thoughts on Darth Maul and Savage Opress

Have both on 4* and honestly both are not bad and Level 45.

Darth has higher damage and wicked AOEs while Opress hits for lesser, except for his special. Even that, its not that alot compared to others.

At level 45, Darth has 3757 health but Opress has 6342, which is almost twice of Darth's health.

Would you guys sacrifice health for slightly more damage or favor someone who can take alot of hits...too bad Opress doesn't have taunt.

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    All I can say is... it takes great luck on the part of my opponent AI for a 4* Darth Maul to even get a single attack off before he is dead.
    A level 45 Luminara can take out 3/4 of that health by herself with one crit on her special. Even if it doesn't kill him, he won't be able to use his special, and he'll be dead on the following round.
    DPS of dead characters = zero. I am unimpressed with Maul. Maybe at higher levels but I think you'd have to star him up to be effective.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Darth Maul's special at higher lvl with enough stars is pretty disgusting. However, if you want to him to be viable in PVP defense, you must have a team that force the attackers to make cornelian choice as to who he should target first. If you only have Maul as the main threat, the attacked will just kill him before the poor sith can land a blow.
    However Darth Maul is just for P2P. So if you don't plan on spending much on that game, don't waste your time lvling him
    Member of Team Instinct
  • I REALLY want Darth Maul. My ideal team would be Old Daka, Talia, Asajj Ventress, Savage Opress and Darth Maul. But until Maul is farmable I can't see him in my best team. I may get lucky and pull him from a chromium, but even then 4* isn't enough.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • I heard people mention about sith team synergies..anyone know what it means?

Example .. Sidous, Maul, Dooku, Opress (all Siths)... is there a boost for using characters of same race in a team?
  • Darth maul can crit over 10k with his Aoe attack !
  • ZarAzi
    249 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Maul is such a snail and a glass cannon combined..
    If you plan to use him(for pvp), you'll need to have other characters on your team that can buff his def up or Hp up or perhaps maybe even a taunt to divert your opponent's attacks away from him.

A 7☆ Maul with purple gear has 7.8k Hp and has abysmal speed. There's no way he could survive the first wave of nukes, unless assisted or revived. Hence, Savage would be a better alternative for now.

Sith synergies could mean a lot of things albeit there's no "sith supremacy boost" per se, one example would be to utilize a sith leader ability to help buff up your other sith characters.

Example:,
    "Sigh. My Maul is such a glass canon, I feel like he needs extra defense..hmm let's see, oh look! As a leader, Savage adds +50 Defs to all Sith characters! Nice, imma put him up as my leader then my other Sith characters will benefit from him too! Nice..Time for pizza.etc"
  • is +50 defs actually worth it? Anyone knows how much damage is mitigated for each point of defense?
  • just did a test..Darth Maul's speed is kind of slow to get things started...will test more.
  • My Darth Maul crits 5k-10k damage. (To all CHARACTERS on the field.) I would choose him. Hes the best dmg dealer, together with Tie fighter pilot.
  • I have Maul at 4* lvl 49 and he is great in PvE for taking out large groups in one sweep.

In PvP , he can be great at knocking down the entire field of opponents even when one of their characters is taunting.

his health is a big issue, so getting into higher level game play is an issue.

I haven't personally used him like this, but could see him used with some tanky characters like 5555's, chewy, and old ben. Could add in luminary for added nuke damage and healing

His leader ability is Sith allies get 12% or more evasion, combined with some defense or health buff could be useful if put with at least another Sith character to make it worthwhile to sacrifice someone like Sidious out of the leader slot.

• Honestly, I almost ALWAYS take out Darth Maul within 4-6 hits. His high damage/low health make him a prime target IMO. I would go with Savage. I think survivability wins overall.
  • My opress i lov3 great use for hardest PvP he only a 4star level 6 gear hp 8422 I like him over maul I almost have him at rank 5 soon
  • Maul is difficult to farm so build Opress...
  • Maul is easily killed while savage takes a little more pounding. Savage is definitely one of the better tanks despite not being a tank lol
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Darth Maul was my primary attacker earlier in the game. His special ability deals damage to everyone on the field, including cloaked characters. If you get him powerful enough his hits gets stronger with each character he kills and his turn meter is 100% as long as he is able to kill with his primary attacker.

As I climbed to higher levels, though, he was too slow, got killed easily, and was not able to kill higher HP characters as easily which negated his turn meter with progressive damage.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    They are completely different. Maul is a glass cannon who has to be dealt with immediately. Meanwhile, I use Oppress to farm cooldowns and HP on GW. I've never gotten what people see in him, I find him quite underwhelming compared to other options.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Darth with phasma as a Leader is OP, phasma can proc him and he would get 100% if he kill someone with that and also phasma is fast enough to boost your team with march of victory, which gives armor penetration and enough time for darth to land his special which can sometimes kill 3 guys at once . i have him 7* and i'm quite happy with him, he hits like a truck
  • Poe, is a very good unit to have if using maul, bc not only will he taunt for 2 turns rather quickly, but he will expose enemy units which will buff up mauls aoe to do wicked amounts of damage...
  • So if you wanna go for nice dps build, get poe lol bc the only unit that might outrun him is dooku, and even then he's not a jedi so dooku better get lucky on his stun or that player whole team is done for, unless they got obi wan but just use your seal abilities on him and you should be fine, bc with exposed active most likely those aoes will drop em like flies