zQGJ + Chaze?

zQGJ, Yoda, Chirrut, Baze, Anakin or Aayala or..?

How effective would this team be? On paper it seems like it'd counter Sith/Empire teams well but actual battle could be a different story. Does it pack enough of a punch offensively? I don't have GK unfortunately.. I know he's the best option here. I think Wiggs teams could be a problem and zKylo. Thoughts?

Replies

• KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    If you are talking to be competitive at the top of really competitive Arena shards, you probably need General Kenobi on a zQGJ-led team to be viable. I'd also recommend putting a Zeta on Yoda's Battle Meditation.

The +30 speed and offense boost based on three times their boosted speed can make Jedi hit quite a bit harder. Also, GK's basic does double damage if all other team members are buffed (which occurs a lot in a team comp like this).

Without GK, the zQGJ may help you improve your Arena ranking (depending on where you are), but there will be a ceiling due to all the zMaul teams out there. Sith have so many bonuses against Jedi that you need Yoda's BM Zeta'd and GK's cleanse & Retribution and taunt to keep them from getting debuffed and destroyed by zMaul teams.
  • I'm currently top 10 using Chaze, B2 and then either Wiggs or Palp & Nihilus depending on opponent. So would this Jedi team work better? Or worse? Ive got 20 zetas just sitting around. Not sure who to put them on. I could go zMaul like everyone else but I've always wanted to use a Jedi team and thought maybe this would be a decent counter to Sith/Empire by preventing all their debuffs (which is largely what they rely on). Maul will still it hard though.. And Sid/dooku would be a problem.. Maybe just too many counters to Jedi.. Kinda talking myself out of Jedi now lol
  • DarthApok wrote: »
    I'm currently top 10 using Chaze, B2 and then either Wiggs or Palp & Nihilus depending on opponent. So would this Jedi team work better? Or worse? Ive got 20 zetas just sitting around. Not sure who to put them on. I could go zMaul like everyone else but I've always wanted to use a Jedi team and thought maybe this would be a decent counter to Sith/Empire by preventing all their debuffs (which is largely what they rely on). Maul will still it hard though.. And Sid/dooku would be a problem.. Maybe just too many counters to Jedi.. Kinda talking myself out of Jedi now lol

If you are in the Top 10 right now, then I don't see the need to go to a zQGJ-led Jedi team. If you have Wiggs going pretty fast, then a Wedge (L), Biggs, Chaze & B2 team is probably a good enough team to beat zMaul teams.

B2 should take out all the Stealth for zMaul teams and Wiggs and Chirrut can but the beat down on them.
  • Why do people keep stressing needing a zeta on Yoda's BM? The multiple turns worth of debuff immunity are far more valuable than a single use dodge, and often the team is going to still have foresight from zQGJ's lead when he uses BM anyways. I'm sure the zeta is very nice to have as a backup, but Yoda works just fine on a Jedi team without it.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Why do people keep stressing needing a zeta on Yoda's BM? The multiple turns worth of debuff immunity are far more valuable than a single use dodge, and often the team is going to still have foresight from zQGJ's lead when he uses BM anyways. I'm sure the zeta is very nice to have as a backup, but Yoda works just fine on a Jedi team without it.

I assume you don't run a zQGJ team lol... If so you would see how a zeta BM can be a game changer....