Ezra/Kanan duel is intense

Prev13
For just a brief second, I thought I was gonna lose. :o

Replies

• Quite possibly one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in an event. I absolutely hate it. It's completely pointless.
  • Monxie
    559 posts Member
    I thought it was fun, but it's a bit weird that the duel is against his buddy.
  • I actually lost the first dual haha, but after that .. it's kinda easy when you "get it"
  • It's a bunch of ****. This event is the worst.
  • Its something different and is good to actually learn about the toon. The last few ones I just auto. This one I gotto check the toons skillset and played appropriately. So its good change imo
  • Byakuya
    392 posts Member
    How do i pass stage two i lost 3 times
  • Auto it.
  • I actually lost the first dual haha, but after that .. it's kinda easy when you "get it"
    I won the first duel, then lost the duel on tier 2. Crazy.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Monxie wrote: »
    I thought it was fun, but it's a bit weird that the duel is against his buddy.

its a training duel. Kanan teaches Ezra
  • Old Ben helped me out in the final duel.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Argarath wrote: »
    Its something different and is good to actually learn about the toon. The last few ones I just auto. This one I gotto check the toons skillset and played appropriately. So its good change imo

+1
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Wait, people actually lost that and had to do it again? The last tier was the only one I didn't one shot the trash mobs, but the duel seemed even easier than the tier before, which isn't saying much.
  • Does your leader choice matter? It seemed a lot easier when I went with Barriss instead of Vader
  • Red5_RN wrote: »
    Old Ben helped me out in the final duel.
    I thought of that pretty quickly too. Not Old Ben, but choosing a leader ability that would help Ezra win. Picked Ima Gun Di. Didn't seem to make any difference, but RNG came out in my favor eventually.

On tiers 3 & 4, leader help isn't needed. Ezra's stats are simply better than Kanan's on those tiers.
  • How the fudge did you win I have fought it 6 times? He just dosent hit hard enough did they test this stupid thing? Lord knows they had enough time.
  • Ezra can't beat him one on one
  • jarael
    107 posts Member
    if you lose the duel (i don't know how), just auto it, the game wins it for you
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    DarthShell wrote: »
    Ezra can't beat him one on one

Dont use his second attack when kanan only has taunt. Ezra wont get the bonus turn meter and you wont be able to dispel the protection up.
  • Leader ability matters... no Chance with vader, no Problem with igd
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Try using a leader who can give Ezra something useful (probably Jedi evasion or counterattack). Hit Kanan with Flourish every time he buffs. Pretty much all there is to it. The only other factor is RNG.
  • Monxie
    559 posts Member
    How the fudge did you win I have fought it 6 times? He just dosent hit hard enough did they test this **** thing? Lord knows they had enough time.
    First of all, use your very best damage toons in the first stages, so Ezra will have full HP and PTN for the duel against Kanan. Then only use Ezra's basic, except for when Kanan gives himself PTN up - then you dispell it. Worked for me every single time.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Ezra keeps leader bonus, so use a leader who helps him.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • I understand what theyve done.. There were many complaunts about new toons never get a turn.. Which makes them appear in the events pointless.. So now they gave them a solo part.. Actually a nice idea.. But it sux that we have 0 influence on that battle, which was hard to me.. I failed 4 times in total, cuz i dont care abpult his skills. So that was wasted 10 mins
  • Team I used for Tier 4 was Wedge (Leader), Biggs, Luminar, Jedi Consular, and Rey. I actually modded them a little too. Not too much. Gave one or two of them an extra mod. Was able to get through the tier easily and complete it. I got Ezra at max stars that you can get him through the event.

Also, I was wondering. Did anyone else just get 1-star for each tier? I noticed when I completed each tier, I only got one star instead of three. I'm thinking that because the final round is a one-on-one duel and the other characters get removed, it drops it to 1-star. I know I lost a character or two on the final two tiers, but Tier 1 and 2, I didn't lose anyone until they got removed for the one-on-one duel in the final round/wave.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Team I used for Tier 4 was Wedge (Leader), Biggs, Luminar, Jedi Consular, and Rey. I actually modded them a little too. Not too much. Gave one or two of them an extra mod. Was able to get through the tier easily and complete it. I got Ezra at max stars that you can get him through the event.

Also, I was wondering. Did anyone else just get 1-star for each tier? I noticed when I completed each tier, I only got one star instead of three. I'm thinking that because the final round is a one-on-one duel and the other characters get removed, it drops it to 1-star. I know I lost a character or two on the final two tiers, but Tier 1 and 2, I didn't lose anyone until they got removed for the one-on-one duel in the final round/wave.

Everyone got one star but it doesnt matter. Rewards are the same
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    Team I used for Tier 4 was Wedge (Leader), Biggs, Luminar, Jedi Consular, and Rey. I actually modded them a little too. Not too much. Gave one or two of them an extra mod. Was able to get through the tier easily and complete it. I got Ezra at max stars that you can get him through the event.

Everyone got one star but it doesnt matter. Rewards are the same

Yeah, I know it doesn't matter, which is nice. That would s **** if we get x amount of shard for 1 star, x for 2 stars, and x for 3. But I'm one of those that likes to 3-star stuff. I think it's just because of Light/Dark Side and Cantina Battles and getting 3-stars to unlock the option to use sim tickets instead of having to play through each round to get the rewards. I guess I'm just weird like that.
  • Wow. They bleeped that? You can't say what got bleeped? That's crazy. I even put spaces between each letter.
  • think about his unique, you want ezra to attack as much as possible before he faces kanan
  • Monxie wrote: »
    How the fudge did you win I have fought it 6 times? He just dosent hit hard enough did they test this **** thing? Lord knows they had enough time.
    First of all, use your very best damage toons in the first stages, so Ezra will have full HP and PTN for the duel against Kanan. Then only use Ezra's basic, except for when Kanan gives himself PTN up - then you dispell it. Worked for me every single time.

That's the tough way.
    The easy way is to spam the dispel move at every opportunity ESPECIALLY if he isn't buffed so you can get the extra turns. Even if you end up having to burn through the protection up it is fine because of all the extra turns you will have taken.

• Just auto it with Ezra's basic

It's ridiculous