Ezra/Kanan duel is intense

Replies

  • Vinniarth
    1606 posts Member
    I liked it, btw.
    Even lose 2 times on tier 2 or 3, until I figured he is under leader ability anyway.
  • Just use your best Jedi lead and it's easy. I have zQGJ but I would imagine Anakin, Mace, Luminara, Old Ben or General Kenobi would work well.
  • awesome event! :) liked the challenge. Try to complete it without an OP leadership or Old Ben :)
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Waez
    286 posts Member
    It's easy, just use flourish until Kanan taunts. Then use his basic until Kanan uses Protection Up, and use flourish to dispell protection up.
    Rinse, repeat.

    I finished each tier in 1 try, and I'm level 60.
  • Argarath wrote: »
    Its something different and is good to actually learn about the toon. The last few ones I just auto. This one I gotto check the toons skillset and played appropriately. So its good change imo

    Agreed
  • I don't know how people are failing the duels. I did all 4 tiers on auto with sid lead.
  • FN1188
    163 posts Member
    To help everyone out, try Barris lead. You will beat it for sure. Use Ezra dispel first with Kanan so you can reduce cooldown by one since he won't have a buff then do his basic twice in a row then Kanan will more than likely buff and you can use again his dispel special.
  • FN1188
    163 posts Member
    Or just auto his basic with Barris lead
  • The event is well made. It was very hard but I managed to defeat Kanan and finish all tiers only with Boba lead.
  • I don't know how people are failing the duels. I did all 4 tiers on auto with sid lead.

    Good for you
  • Nikoms565
    11261 posts Member
    Argarath wrote: »
    Its something different and is good to actually learn about the toon. The last few ones I just auto. This one I gotto check the toons skillset and played appropriately. So its good change imo

    This.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    DarthShell wrote: »
    How the fudge did you win I have fought it 6 times? He just dosent hit hard enough did they test this **** thing? Lord knows they had enough time.

    Save your cleanse until Kanan activates his protection recovery. Disable it on the next attack.
    Also, take characters that will prevent Ezra from taking damage earlier in the phase so he's at full when facing Kanan
  • Argarath wrote: »
    Its something different and is good to actually learn about the toon. The last few ones I just auto. This one I gotto check the toons skillset and played appropriately. So its good change imo

    Agreed for the exact same reason, why do people think the other releases were better than this?
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Wedge lead and auto it.
  • Allenb60
    2138 posts Member
    boba fett as a leader seems to work really well
  • scuba
    12142 posts Member
    I just want to know why they put stars on the event but you can only ever 1* it.
  • Kyno
    21574 posts Moderator
    scuba wrote: »
    I just want to know why they put stars on the event but you can only ever 1* it.

    Thought the same thing.

    Also sucks that you couldn't use a phoenix team to get the bonuses in the last round, as they are all dead...
  • Nikoms565
    11261 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    I just want to know why they put stars on the event but you can only ever 1* it.

    Lol. I figured someone would catch this. I noticed it too.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Bomroll wrote: »
    Argarath wrote: »
    Its something different and is good to actually learn about the toon. The last few ones I just auto. This one I gotto check the toons skillset and played appropriately. So its good change imo

    Agreed for the exact same reason, why do people think the other releases were better than this?

    Change is hard.

    I agree, I liked it because it forced me to actually use Ezra and think about his skills.
  • Quite possibly one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in an event. I absolutely hate it. It's completely pointless.

    If you can't say anything nice, go **** hang love yourself.
  • Gamorrean
    2291 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    So they give us something diffrent in a one time only event.. What is the issue here??
  • I beat it, Jedi team with qgj lead. I had Old Ben and he was "defeated" at the beginning of the solo,part giving Ezra a ton of buffs
  • I don't know how people are failing the duels. I did all 4 tiers on auto with sid lead.

    Intrestingly enough I lost the duel on tier 2 repeatedly in manual control. Then I just threw it in auto and finished the rest of entire event in one try.
  • I auto'd it like I do all these events and was shocked to see I lost tier 2. I ended up using a wedge lead and won.
  • Woodroward
    3527 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Varlie wrote: »
    DarthShell wrote: »
    How the fudge did you win I have fought it 6 times? He just dosent hit hard enough did they test this **** thing? Lord knows they had enough time.

    Save your cleanse until Kanan activates his protection recovery. Disable it on the next attack.
    Also, take characters that will prevent Ezra from taking damage earlier in the phase so he's at full when facing Kanan

    No, no, no. His buff wipe does extra damage, gives him tm, and has its cd reset if there is no buff.. Spam it every chance you can get if he isn't buffed.

    EDIT: Realized I was using the wrong term so replaced cleanse with buff wipe.

    Cleanses only remove debuffs from your side, never buffs from the enemy side.

  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Good point. I guess I should have said don't waste it just to clear the taunt (and if you are having issues beating Kanan)
  • ElleMadara
    1017 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    This was fun you must be a noob to think that this was hard
  • Eclipso
    199 posts Member
    I enjoyed it, kudos on them for doing different things
  • Varlie wrote: »
    Good point. I guess I should have said don't waste it just to clear the taunt (and if you are having issues beating Kanan)

    For future reference, Ezra does not have a cleanse, he has a buff wipe.

    Cleanses remove debuffs, not buffs.

  • Waez wrote: »
    It's easy, just use flourish until Kanan taunts. Then use his basic until Kanan uses Protection Up, and use flourish to dispell protection up.
    Rinse, repeat.

    I finished each tier in 1 try, and I'm level 60.

    yH9J87y.gif
    That's what I did. Leader does not matter. I used jawas, droids, empire, FO. Just spam his helicopter lightsaber move.
Sign In or Register to comment.