February release notes

Replies

• I saw a few posts saying FTP players wouldnt have a shot. It is possible. I currently have 4/4* jedi's and 1/2* Jedi. Who should be 3* before patch. So while it's gonna take a lot of work, it will be possible. I think this patch is going to bring back the fun factor.
  • Unless you get 5 Jedis to 5*, it's like getting half a car. But starting to famr Jedis is even more important if you are FTP, as can't be sure hiwnoften it repeats, or how many times. What if that reward changes 2 mo from today and it requires 5 Eworks and Tuskens?
  • Looking forward to this update, alot of cool stuff and balancing. I just can't wait till they address the defence issues. That make the Defensive characters viable and possibly.push some.of.them into top tiers
  • Seku
    575 posts Member
    So nightster challenge week for mother talzan shards...make it happen!!

That would be awesome :o
  • Can't wait.
  • akositzke wrote: »
    akositzke wrote: »
    Maybe it was mentioned and I missed it - but isn't there a bug where characters will un-stun earlier than they are supposed to? For example, I have it happen quite frequently where Dooku will stun a Jedi with his attack - and then immediately after his attack is done they will un-stun - even though it was no-where near their next turn.

that's not a bug

it's tenacity (or some other skill), that wards off the effect

I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the character actually is stunned (it is not resisted) and then immediately afterward they get un-stunned, which shouldn't happen until they miss a turn.

Also pretty sure there are no skills that ward off a stun (other than general tenacity which causes resist) - and not aware of any that cause a character to recover from a stun before their next turn either :smile:

You do realize that if they are stunned after a Dooku counter it shouldn't and won't remain. On an assisted attack it will stick. Heals that are DOTs happen before the turn. Debuffs wear off after. Which has its own problems.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Unless you get 5 Jedis to 5*, it's like getting half a car. But starting to famr Jedis is even more important if you are FTP, as can't be sure hiwnoften it repeats, or how many times. What if that reward changes 2 mo from today and it requires 5 Eworks and Tuskens?

EW DONT SAY THAT
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Unless you get 5 Jedis to 5*, it's like getting half a car. But starting to famr Jedis is even more important if you are FTP, as can't be sure hiwnoften it repeats, or how many times. What if that reward changes 2 mo from today and it requires 5 Eworks and Tuskens?

The event isn't an once time thing. It will return. And if the bonus character is good, i will have 7* jedis the next time it arrives. If he isn't good, then i'll just have him 5* in my collection and use him sometimes in GW.
  • I just hope he has some way of dealing with sid...today in arena I had Sid 1v4 me and 1v3 me in different fights :( just on my normal 5 battles :/ running multiple f2p Jedi is such a huge liability and risk. I hope people realise that they will not be able to use most of their Jedi they are starring up outside of light side battles...
  • Wispsi wrote: »
    I just hope he has some way of dealing with sid...today in arena I had Sid 1v4 me and 1v3 me in different fights :( just on my normal 5 battles :/ running multiple f2p Jedi is such a huge liability and risk. I hope people realise that they will not be able to use most of their Jedi they are starring up outside of light side battles...

What level are you? Sidious is one of the worst level 70 characters at the moment. He does extremely low damage and can be one shot by almost any damage dealer. Having him on a team is a huge liability, so I think we will see less and less of him.

Source: I've been rank 1 for the past 2 months.
  • First of all great job on the update! Lots of good things in there.

Just so that I don't misunderstand: The new character will be unlocked after finishing stage 5 obviously. So when the event comes around again we will continue from the stage we finished at last time and cannot collect shards again in the first stages?
    This would mean it is not really worth it to dedicate all my resources into jedis short term as I will not be able to get 5 jedis to 5*. Might still make sense, because you want to get there in the long run, but this would actually render the first event useless to me.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Wispsi wrote: »
    I just hope he has some way of dealing with sid...today in arena I had Sid 1v4 me and 1v3 me in different fights :( just on my normal 5 battles :/ running multiple f2p Jedi is such a huge liability and risk. I hope people realise that they will not be able to use most of their Jedi they are starring up outside of light side battles...

What level are you? Sidious is one of the worst level 70 characters at the moment. He does extremely low damage and can be one shot by almost any damage dealer. Having him on a team is a huge liability, so I think we will see less and less of him.

If you read what he said, he uses a jedi team. So Sid is a problem for him.

I think you are exaggersting saying hevis one of the worst chsracters. I also think he was slightly overrsted when he had adventsge of stars over everybody, and he is coming to ground now. But he still is one of the few good leaders and he is fast enough to act. "One of the worst" is not true. Try Assajj Ventres or Tslia, or Chewie, or Roysl Guard... I can tell you 45 chars worse than him, at least
  • This update is all good and everything, but I want to suggest something (haven't read back all the pages so forgive me if it's already been mentioned).

For me probably the most annoying thing in the game is collecting those gear shards that require 5 of one to make another one (especially the armor one)....it's just an unbelievable pain...today I needed just 2 armor shards and spend around 30 minutes and 100 energy to get 1 (the second one dropped shortly after that)....and when i finally got 5 I had around 10 character that needed this particular gear item....it's just annoying - even if i decide to only farm this gear until I fill all the characters that require it it would probably take me more than a week doing only that(considering I am F2P and don't spend crystals on energy refresh)....

I would very much like to see those gear shards dropping from the daily challenges...i don't think it would break the game and I also don't see much use for the non-purple gear dropping currently from the challenges...
  • No immortal Chebacca fix?
  • Melvil wrote: »
    This update is all good and everything, but I want to suggest something (haven't read back all the pages so forgive me if it's already been mentioned).

For me probably the most annoying thing in the game is collecting those gear shards that require 5 of one to make another one (especially the armor one)....it's just an unbelievable pain...today I needed just 2 armor shards and spend around 30 minutes and 100 energy to get 1 (the second one dropped shortly after that)....and when i finally got 5 I had around 10 character that needed this particular gear item....it's just annoying - even if i decide to only farm this gear until I fill all the characters that require it it would probably take me more than a week doing only that(considering I am F2P and don't spend crystals on energy refresh)....

I would very much like to see those gear shards dropping from the daily challenges...i don't think it would break the game and I also don't see much use for the non-purple gear dropping currently from the challenges...

just wait until you get to gear level 8/9 and you need 50 purple blow dryers. Drop rate approx 25-30% (and I suspect maybe even less) so you will need to do at least 180-200 battles per gear slot. LOL.

Good luck!

• Yoda is coming!

Grand Master Yoda

Flying Strike: Deal physical damage to target enemy. If that enemy has more than 50% Health, Yoda gains 40% Turn Meter.

Masterstroke: Deal Special damage to all enemies. In addition, for each positive status effect an enemy has, Yoda gains that effect for 3 turns.

Unstoppable Force: Deal Special damage to target enemy with a 65% chance to remove 40% Turn Meter. If that enemy had less than 50% Health, they are also Stunned for 1 turn.

Battle Meditation: Yoda gains Tenacity Up for 2 turns, then grants each other ally every positive status effect he has for 2 turns, with a 40% chance to also grant Yoda 35% Turn Meter.

leader ability:
    Grand Master's Guidance: Jedi allies gain 25% Tenacity, and gain 30% Turn Meter whenever they Resist a negative status effect.

Taken from old game data, might have changed
  • Not yet. Luke is here
  • Melvil wrote: »
    This update is all good and everything, but I want to suggest something (haven't read back all the pages so forgive me if it's already been mentioned).

just wait until you get to gear level 8/9 and you need 50 purple blow dryers. Drop rate approx 25-30% (and I suspect maybe even less) so you will need to do at least 180-200 battles per gear slot. LOL.

Good luck!

Oh but I have reached level 8/9....and there with the purple ones I'm resigned that it will take more time and it does not bother me...what bothers me is those 5 that are so rare and with such low drop rates...it's only 5 c'mon...
  • This will be an excellent update.

He is used in 40% of my top 50 Arena teams as leader and more if someone uses a Phasma leader w/Sid. Top Arena is very very competitive (not uktra high end, just very mature nobember server).

So....nope.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Any dates???
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • I saw someone saying Retribution is unremovable. It is.
    I saw a Kylo in Arena, and Humbling Blow removed it just fine for me, sure he got his last counter, but it was removed nicely.
  • Anybody want some death sticks?
  • l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Double post ^^

Really? He's still pretty good. I'm rocking a lvl 70 Sid and usually #1 or 2 on my leaderboard. I think like 40% of the top 50 have him as leader and suspect others use him in Phasma teams
  • data90x wrote: »
    Yoda is coming!

Grand Master Yoda

Flying Strike: Deal physical damage to target enemy. If that enemy has more than 50% Health, Yoda gains 40% Turn Meter.

Masterstroke: Deal Special damage to all enemies. In addition, for each positive status effect an enemy has, Yoda gains that effect for 3 turns.

Unstoppable Force: Deal Special damage to target enemy with a 65% chance to remove 40% Turn Meter. If that enemy had less than 50% Health, they are also Stunned for 1 turn.

Battle Meditation: Yoda gains Tenacity Up for 2 turns, then grants each other ally every positive status effect he has for 2 turns, with a 40% chance to also grant Yoda 35% Turn Meter.

leader ability:
    Grand Master's Guidance: Jedi allies gain 25% Tenacity, and gain 30% Turn Meter whenever they Resist a negative status effect.

Taken from old game data, might have changed

I hope that is not it, that would be horrendous, especially played by the AI. He better have 143 speed.
  • Triqui wrote: »

If you read what he said, he uses a jedi team. So Sid is a problem for him.

I think you are exaggersting saying hevis one of the worst chsracters. I also think he was slightly overrsted when he had adventsge of stars over everybody, and he is coming to ground now. But he still is one of the few good leaders and he is fast enough to act. "One of the worst" is not true. Try Assajj Ventres or Tslia, or Chewie, or Roysl Guard... I can tell you 45 chars worse than him, at least

Sorry, my comment sounded a bit rough. When I say "one of the worst" I should have clarified. I meant one of the worst choices in today's meta...based on what I see all of the time. He was much better at level 60 pvp I think. There are definitely some REALLY bad chars like Talia etc...but I don't even consider those choices haha.

He doesn't bring anything to a team other than a leader ability, and even Lumi can one shot him from full health. He is super easy to farm, and is great in galactic war so of course you will see him in top pvp teams. (there aren't really a lot of choices in pvp for free to play TBH).

As a Jedi team, you just need to leave him as the last target since he isn't a threat. Problem solved.

• l3end3r wrote: »

Really? He's still pretty good. I'm rocking a lvl 70 Sid and usually #1 or 2 on my leaderboard. I think like 40% of the top 50 have him as leader and suspect others use him in Phasma teams

Yea I mean, let's be honest though...he isn't the reason you are #1 or 2. My guess is you can swap him out for almost any other character and do just as fine if not better. Boba's leader might even be better!

Perhaps the real problem is the overall lack of good leader's anyway. Phasma is getting a nerf now, which makes me sad (not that I was using her, but she makes for fun comps)
  • Will the event with getting the new character repeat in the future? I only have luminara 3*, consular 4* and QGJ 4*, since I have only been playing for a month. Would love to get the new character though :D
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Omg WWHHEENN?
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.