Snips Buffs? Rework?

medetec
1571 posts Member
It's easy to find a thread on the forum calling for nerfs, probably because the top end of "nerfable" characters are very visible as they show up all the time in your matches. But what about the underdogs? The underused, underkitted characters you never see? I like that Mace is slated to get a tune up this coming patch, but there are so many more characters who need help. A favorite of mine is Ahsoka, so I'll focus on her.

Ahsoka Tano. Snips... why are you so slow? Clone Wars shows Tano to be a quick, almost reckless fighter taking after her master. Her attrition based kit doesn't really fit her character, and is ineffective to boot. Seems like she would benefit from an overhaul more than tweaks to her existing kit. I also wanted to try some risk / reward style abilities that weren't pure bonuses, actually having a downside.

Current lvl 70 HP 8644 Speed 93
Change HP 11442 Speed 137 (HP buff to make up for replacing the % max hp removed from Daring Padawan)

Current - Energetic Slash (B) – Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 55% chance to recover 15% of her max health.

Change - Energetic Slash (B) – Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 50% chance to gain Critical Chance Up for 3 turns and a 25% chance to attack again.

Current - Protective Maneuver (S) – Cooldown: 4 - Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If the attack is a Critical Hit then all friendly characters are healed for 20% of this character’s Maximum health.

Change - Risky Maneuver (S) – Cooldown: 3- Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If the attack is a Critical Hit Ahsoka Tano gains 25% Critical Hit Damage for 3 Turns and this ability's cooldown is reduced by 1. Ahsoka takes 10% more damage while this ability is on cooldown.

Current - Quick Steps (L) – Jedi and Nightsister allies gain 14% Evasion. Ahsoka Tano gains 25% Turn Meter whenever she Evades an attack.

Current - Quick Steps (L) – Jedi and Nightsister allies gain 10% critical chance and 10% chance to attack again. Ahsoka Tano gains Evasion Up for 2 turns when she or an ally lands a critical strike.

Current - Daring Padawan (U) – Ahsoka Tano gains 9% Max health for each living ally. In addition, she gains Evasion Up for 3 turns whenever an enemy is defeated.

Change - The Wrong Jedi (U) - Ahsoka Tano gains 8% Turn Meter for each living Jedi ally whenever she land a Critical Hit. Ahsoka Tano has a 5% chance to suffer Continuous Damage for 1 turn each time an allied Jedi attacks.

Thoughts? Do risk/reward abilities have a place in the game? Should her leader ability still effect Nightsisters? She dose team up with Ventress in the show. Once.

Which other characters need buffs?

Replies

• Half the cast could use a buff, but it's hard to do all at once, or they could break the game with character combinations. But I actually think about half the characters are completely useless in PVP. Fortunately, GW and the challenges offer some consolation.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    @l3end3r

I do like that characters get at least some value in challenges / GW even if they can't be in your main squad. I'd like it better if there was a wider variety of viable characters so you could feel better about investing in your favorites instead of being forced to invest in certain characters. Sure you could probably clear solo missions with any squad given enough time and farming, but it feels bad and then there's GW and arena where you are basically hosed if you went with your heart.

I definitely agree that there are a lot of characters that need tuning, and that the devs would need to be careful updating or even just improving characters. And that it probably shouldn't be done all at once. I just hope that mace is the start of a trend, not a special case.
  • medetec wrote: »
    @l3end3r

I do like that characters get at least some value in challenges / GW even if they can't be in your main squad. I'd like it better if there was a wider variety of viable characters so you could feel better about investing in your favorites instead of being forced to invest in certain characters. Sure you could probably clear solo missions with any squad given enough time and farming, but it feels bad and then there's GW and arena where you are basically hosed if you went with your heart.

I definitely agree that there are a lot of characters that need tuning, and that the devs would need to be careful updating or even just improving characters. And that it probably shouldn't be done all at once. I just hope that mace is the start of a trend, not a special case.

I think they will. Jedi Guardian and Savage also got buffs. I think they'll do 2 or 3 per character/ event patch
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    l3end3r wrote: »
    I think they will. Jedi Guardian and Savage also got buffs. I think they'll do 2 or 3 per character/ event patch

2/3 per patch sounds like a good rate. Gives the time between patches to assess the change effects. As a reasonably low time intensity game that I can play on lunch break or the like I'm enjoying it enough that I'll likely be around for eventual changes. Just hope they are in the works. Course sooner rather than later on Snips would be great for me, but I know there's a whole horde of characters that need to be looked at and everyone probably has a favorite that's criminally underpowered.
  • Your changes sound pretty interesting, but I would prefer for Ahsoka to be more of a frequent attacker and evader rather than being a heavy critical attacker. She does have a significantly high crit rating, so any boosts or additions to that could potentially make her a bit OP. My 6* full gear Ahsoka currently crits at around 3.5k with her normal and around 4.5k-5k with her special. So boosting her speed and her crit would be deadly! Your turn meter idea does sound pretty cool. Maybe just have a constant speed boost for every allie that is alive? So the more allies that go down, the slower she will become. I agree with you though, I hope she gets a buff. Her attacks, damage wise, are good, but she's just really slow.
  • Do not take away her party heal.

Other than that, yeah. She needs a buff.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • A speed boost would be good and appropriate to her character.

The suggested buffs would change the nature of the current character - which is self-healing attacker with the added bonus of serving as a "light party healer".

I do agree that she could use a little boost.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Hmm, so keep her sorta of attrition based? OK then I figure there's some additional tweaking to be done. If you keep the party heal on crit, its a really wierd interaction with her numbers. Snips has the highest base crit rating of any character in the game, but a 0 special crit. The numbers aren't very transparent, but I assume that means her base attack crits often and her special is at a normal rate. Seems like it would make sense to add the party heal on crit to the skill with the crit rate bonus, or add a reasonable crit bonus to the special skill.

Do you think keep both her base an special skill the same in idea and just bump her speed and maybe hit the leader / unique abilities with more drastic changes? Or leave those as well and just improve her numbers?
  • medetec wrote: »
    Hmm, so keep her sorta of attrition based? OK then I figure there's some additional tweaking to be done. If you keep the party heal on crit, its a really wierd interaction with her numbers. Snips has the highest base crit rating of any character in the game, but a 0 special crit. The numbers aren't very transparent, but I assume that means her base attack crits often and her special is at a normal rate. Seems like it would make sense to add the party heal on crit to the skill with the crit rate bonus, or add a reasonable crit bonus to the special skill.

Do you think keep both her base an special skill the same in idea and just bump her speed and maybe hit the leader / unique abilities with more drastic changes? Or leave those as well and just improve her numbers?

That was more what I had in mind. The OP recommended an idea were she gets a turn meter boost, depending on the amount of allies that are alive, for when she hits a critical. I feel that idea could be a better solution than just increasing her overall speed. Or having her have a constant meter boost for every allie living, so if an allie is defeated, then she will slowly become slower. Or maybe even the opposite, have her speed up after every allie death. Then maybe switch the 25% meter boost per dogde in her Leader ability for Jedi + Nightsister allies. (It's kind of weird that her leader ability which is suppose to help the group partially only benefits her. Does any other hero have the same thing?)
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    @HaloWars29

You are right, I just looked and Ahsoka is the only character with a leader ability part that effects only herself. That's... pretty weird. I was kinda of partial to the meter boost on crit as a unique skill, that might be the way to go. Since we are looking at the attrition design route maybe some sort of ramping mechanic that increases her speed or meter gain in some way with each crit, a stacking buff?
  • @medetec
    I don't think that mechanic is in the game, but I guess it could be added. A stacking buff might need a cap though, or else she'll keep getting faster and faster non-stop lol. I'm just hoping for a change. Looking at how drastically they're changing Mace, CG seem to be willing to rework whole characters to make them work better. Seeing as how random some of Ahsoka abilities are (like the 25% only on herself leader ability, or the high crit rating on her basic instead of on her special where she could benefit from it most), it's possible she could get a complete rework. I'm just hoping she's more aligned with how she is in the TV series. A quick attacker, that can evade easily and frequently. The thing is that, that's pretty much what Sidius is, a fast attacker that evades Jedi really well, so maybe CG can make Ahsoka similar to Sid, but have her be unique in her own way.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Maul actual has a stacking buff passive that gives him crit, evasion and life leech for the entire reminder of the fight each time an enemy goes down.

Ahsoka could get 3 tiers of bonuses from crits, maybe +25% meter on crit, +20% evasion, and +25% crit damage. Or something like that.
  • That can work too. Hopefully the devs can gain some insight from this discussion.