If Pao was what the newsletter claims he is, he'd of actually been good.

AnUnusedName
56 posts Member
edited April 2017
Newsletter: "...or bolster his allies' turn meter with his special battle cry, Sa'kalla!"

Reality: Sa'kalla grants allies a plain old offense up for two turns. Pao and Pao alone gets a max of 40% turn meter on use (according to tool tip)

A fast and zetaed Pao COULD have been a secret turn meter generator for rebels. Instead, he's likely to be just a screaming potato.
Post edited by AnUnusedName on

Replies

• But real-talk. What's with this inaccurate newsletter description? Or is the tool tip inaccurate and Pao is actually a turn meter generating beast? The world wants to know, @CG_Kozispoon @CG_TopHat
  • I think it's funny how he has a 12 turn CD. So unless you make a team revolving around him, after three turns, he's useless. Even if you do, DT and DN will just increase cooldowns and the rest of the team will kill the multiattackers, leaving a character that will only use its basic to defend itself.
  • Zalastro
    69 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    While I also consider Pao a waste, you are wrong with cooldown increase. He is actually great against this ability from dn due to the recurring CD decrease from his unique.
  • So unless you make a team revolving around him, after three turns, he's useless.

Considering how lame his special abilities are, id argue hes even worse using them. His zeta is actually fairly cool if you toss him in a fast multi attack team, but if he's sacrificing damage and a turn of up to 3 basics (so 30 turn meter in a single turn under wedge or chirpa lead) for one of his underwhelming specials, you're even worse off. I'd of loved if Sa'Kala actually generated turn meter for allies though. Oh newsletter. How you've wronged me...
  • An 11 turn cooldown for crappy abilities...

Surely this is a month long April Fool's joke by the devs, because this guy looks and will play like a hot pile of dog doodoo.
  • he's likely to be just a screaming potato.

:D:D:D:D:D
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    An 11 turn cooldown for **** abilities...

Surely this is a month long April Fool's joke by the devs, because this guy looks and will play like a hot pile of dog doodoo.

Hey at least you don't have to pay money for this flaming pile of canine ****
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    His unique reduces cooldowns. Y'all apparently aren't reading.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I noticed that error too, maybe it is referencing a future character synergy or something
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member

Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Supercat wrote: »

Even so, he's trash lol
    His buffs and debuffs are the most basic things you'd swear this was a template for the first few characters planned in SWGoH.

Nothing about him is unique or needed. No counters to anything, he is as generic as white bread.
  • Supercat wrote: »

Even so, he's trash lol
    His buffs and debuffs are the most basic things you'd swear this was a template for the first few characters planned in SWGoH.

Nothing about him is unique or needed. No counters to anything, he is as generic as white bread.

Which is fitting.... because hes literally a generic Rebel
  • Well he also personally gains turn meter per ally basic attack, which is pretty sweet. He could take a LOT of turns with multi attackers and toons like Hoth scout on his team. That's why it's such a shame his special abilities are so underwhelming despite the unique way in which their cooldowns are reduced. SMH
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Golly, I wish there was a character that caused Rebels to use basic attacks...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    Golly, I wish there was a character that caused Rebels to use basic attacks...

Ackbar lead, Leia, Ezra, and Sabine might work with Pao as a fun team, I would try it if the level 8 unique was an omega ability
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    First ability with huge cooldown: insta kill any toon

Second ability with huge cooldown: gain 40% turn meter

Third ability with huge cooldown: 70% chance to inflict defense down on enemies

Power creep at its best
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    DatBoi wrote: »
    First ability with huge cooldown: insta kill any toon

Second ability with huge cooldown: gain 40% turn meter

Third ability with huge cooldown: 70% chance to inflict defense down on enemies

Power creep at its best

These ones don't START on cooldown though.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

It only reduces his. With 11 CD on both moves it's 3 rounds of turns (without assists and/or counters).

In 3 turns nihilus can anihilate....

I know pao is just a generic toon but unless his abilities are stronger than they appear, it seems like there are many toons that would take his place in a rebel team.
  • Who doesn't want a screaming potato?
  • His unique reduces cooldowns. Y'all apparently aren't reading.

Ouch the irony