Galactic War is broken

Prev1
Thank you EA for making Galactic War impossible. I can't make it halfway without losing all squads, generally without firing a single shot against meta zeta teams I don't have myself.

The matching system is broken. This is the 13th I've written to EA without a single solitary response, so your customer service is clearly broken as well. Well done EA.

Please fix the matching system or make it reasonable at least. It's beyond ridiculous at the moment.

Replies

• I completely agree.
  • PrimeChronic
    21 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Everyone agrees. Apparently EA has decided only paying players with full squads get to complete GW. I've been at 85 for months over 30 7*s almost 15 gear XI and I have 11 total GW wins, 9 of which came before I was 85 & it got harder months ago and the other 2 when it was bugged. I have no legit GW full runs in almost 6 months now. They don't care. Half the time I dont even make it to the 9th battle let alone the 12th.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    It's easy. Just use a control team. I used Ewoks, and then I switched to Palp, Vader, Royal Guard, Boba, TFP. (SHT in first and last node 3*). By comparison I can't beat 9b light side.
    Palp and Vader always gain their health back, if boba dies he revives and he got his health back. Royal Guard gains health from his unique. TFP always has foresight so he doesn't take much dmg.

Also you got unlucky you missed the 2 hours when GW was all easy nodes.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Everyone agrees. Apparently EA has decided only paying players with full squads get to complete GW. I've been at 85 for months over 30 7*s almost 15 gear XI and I have 11 total GW wins, 9 of which came before I was 85 & it got harder months ago and the other 2 when it was bugged. I have no legit GW full runs in almost 6 months now. They don't care. Half the time I dont even make it to the 9th battle let alone the 12th.

If you have that many G11 toons and you can't make it to the 9th battle, you are doing it completely wrong.
  • Mr_Sausage wrote: »

If you have that many G11 toons and you can't make it to the 9th battle, you are doing it completely wrong.

Sometimes the 6th battle is zeta with max 85s, I cant do anything against teams like that I haven't even unlocked zeta fleet battles yet. Close tho. The matchmaking system is broken.
  • I believe his point is that your teams you are using may not be well built, or effective together, leading to issues with Gw
  • Everyone has had problems with GWs at some point. Once you get a decent roster with decent gear and mods you just have to use the right team setups then you will be fine.
  • 6 months at max level with zero wins isn't mismanaging my rosters. Its a broken system.
  • PrimeChronic
    21 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Here's an example. I just ran into this on fight 10, not even a purple crystal. I have zero kenobi shards, our guild can't even beat heroic tank. Not even halfway. This was against finn lead gear xi, lumi gear x, rey gear x, res trooper gear xi & poe gear xi. I didnt even get to touch kenobis shield. Broken matchmaking. Tell me how I'm mismanaging that? That was my best team left by that fight still almost 45k power and not even a dent. Also good double speed mods on everyoneScreenshot_2017-04-01-16-39-28_zpskyscdgkd.png
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Here's an example. I just ran into this on fight 10, not even a purple crystal. I have zero kenobi shards, our guild can't even beat heroic tank. Not even halfway. This was against finn lead gear xi, lumi gear x, rey gear x, res trooper gear xi & poe gear xi. I didnt even get to touch kenobis shield. Broken matchmaking. Tell me how I'm mismanaging that? That was my best team left by that fight still almost 45k power and not even a dent. Also good double speed mods on everyoneScreenshot_2017-04-01-16-39-28_zpskyscdgkd.png

Of course you lose.
    You attack 4v5 against a +20%TM and you expect to win?
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Then you are using the wrong squads, plain and simple.
  • I dont expect to win. I expect to do damage and in a proper matchmaking system I would.
  • brillcs
    5 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I've had the same issues the last two weeks. When I have zero Zeta characters and I'm going through back to back fully(or close to it) Zeta teams, there's an issue. I understand raising the difficulty to match the additional rewards for GW. That being said the matchmaking issues are excessive now. I went from clearing GW almost every time to clearing it once in 14 days.

This morning may have been the straw that broke the camel's back. Made it to Node 12 with relatively few issues. Node 12 is zeta Vader, zeta Palp, zeta Boba, zeta Sidious, and zeta Dooku. I have zero Zeta characters. The round before that was a team with 3 Zeta characters.

I don't expect to win every time. I also don't expect to be slaughtered by teams that are clearly out of my league. Matchmaking needs fixed asap. The game is supposed to be fun, when you're not put in a position where there's a chance for success, there's no fun.
  • brillcs wrote: »
    I've had the same issues the last two weeks. When I have zero Zeta characters and I'm going through back to back fully(or close to it) Zeta teams, there's an issue. I understand raising the difficulty to match the additional rewards for GW. That being said the matchmaking issues are excessive now. I went from clearing GW almost every time to clearing it once in 14 days.

This morning may have been the straw that broke the camel's back. Made it to Node 12 with relatively few issues. Node 12 is zeta Vader, zeta Palp, zeta Boba, zeta Sidious, and zeta Dooku. I have zero Zeta characters. The round before that was a team with 3 Zeta characters.

I don't expect to win every time. I also don't expect to be slaughtered by teams that are clearly out of my league. Matchmaking needs fixed asap. The game is supposed to be fun, when you're not put in a position where there's a chance for success, there's no fun.

Zeta palp?
  • It sucks, most players agree, but this forum is notoriously unsympathic - you're better off posting on reddit where you're allowed to mention things like quitting. Here you'll just be told it's your fault by players with bigger rosters and better mods.

For GW, I don't mind losing occasionally, but the times when my A team gets wiped without getting a turn is what makes me feel like -word that starts with Q and rhymes with sitting-.
    I could rethink my approach or send in another team if I could just retreat, instead I just watch my team get wiped out. It's not fun, it's not a challenge, it's poor game development.
  • I've tried to think of ways to fix this and best I can come up with is breaking players into tiers. There's already benchmarks in the game. Once you have the minimum requirement you are classified to that tier. GW would pull from same tier battles 1-6 and tier above you battles 7-12.
    Something like:

Tier 1: all players
    Tier 2. Obtain level 85
    Tier 3: obtain yoda
    Tier 4: obtain 7* Yoda
    Tier 5: obtain emperor palpatine
    Tier 6: obtain 7* palp
    Tier 7: obtain 1st zeta material
    Tier 8: obtain first zeta upgrade
    Tier 9: obtain 2nd zeta upgrade OR unlock Han solo
    Tier 10: obtain 7* Han OR any squad power over 50,000
    Tier 11: obtain general kenobi
    Tier 12: obtain 7* kenobi

Subject to much tweaking/balancing but you get the idea. It should say right in your character info what tier you are in and GW should stick to that, along with other matchmaking. Yeah its a little bit of coding but not really too much overall and fixes big problems.
  • lamikgb1
    15 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    The matching system is broken.
    My player is 58 level with max 58 lvl heroes 4-6 starts.
    What im can see in GW as opportunity?
    Ok look on this:
    jX6qcSn.jpg
    Enemy is 81 level with 70-75 lvl heroes, all 7 stars!
    Is it seriously can be count as MATCHING?
    Why game is punishing ppl which just dont hit 85 lvl with synergy meta-zeta team setups in top tier equip?
  • Agree with Bl4ckDe4th.
    Also game have troubles with matching ppl below 50 lvl. Game count 40-49 lvl equal to 50+, but opportunity team on 50lvl have access to mods which 40-49 lvl dont have!
  • Well as I said its subject to lots of balancing but I think the overall idea of breaking players into tiers based on benchmarks is sound and between the devs and player base a consensus on what the benchmarks are could be reached.
  • HeresTheTruth
    480 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    My Palpatene is G11, my Vader is G9 and my Maul is G9 the rest of what I use is G8. Everyday I use the same team in GWs. Phasma, Palpatene, TFP, GS and Maul. Most days I get through GWs node 1-12 with that setup only. Other days I'll use rebels and Jedi if I have harder nodes.

I have absolutely no idea why people struggle so much. Either they are not managing cool downs, using the right teams, attacking the wrong target first or it's all of thee above. Either way..my account is 100% free to play and have beat GWs everyday for 11 months already.

I'm fairly certain there are a lot of people that play this game that have absolutely no idea what they are doing.
  • My Palpatene is G11, my Vader is G9 and my Maul is G9 the rest of what I use is G8. Everyday I use the same team in GWs. Phasma, Palpatene, TFP, GS and Maul. Most days I get through GWs node 1-12 with that setup only. Other days I'll use rebels and Jedi if I have harder nodes.

I have absolutely no idea why people struggle so much. Either they are not managing cool downs, using the right teams, attacking the wrong target first or it's all of thee above. Either way..my account is 100% free to play and have beat GWs everyday for 11 months already.

I'm fairly certain there are a lot of people that play this game that have absolutely no idea what they are doing.
    Ok. My character is 59 lvl. Can you please explain how to obtain Palpatene is G11, Vader is G9 and Maul is G9 the rest is G8 ON THIS LEVEL? Should i stop play in GW before hit 85 level and donate 30 k $ for farm this stuff? Funny solution.
  • HeresTheTruth
    480 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    lamikgb1 wrote: »
    My Palpatene is G11, my Vader is G9 and my Maul is G9 the rest of what I use is G8. Everyday I use the same team in GWs. Phasma, Palpatene, TFP, GS and Maul. Most days I get through GWs node 1-12 with that setup only. Other days I'll use rebels and Jedi if I have harder nodes.

Ok. My character is 59 lvl. Can you please explain how to obtain Palpatene is G11, Vader is G9 and Maul is G9 the rest is G8 ON THIS LEVEL? Should i stop play in GW before hit 85 level and donate 30 k $ for farm this stuff? Funny solution.

Even at level 59 I was beating Galatic wars..I just used the right toons. Qgj, GS, Ig-86, wedge and Biggs is a straight up call assist team. Used wedge as leader. When one of those toons died I switched to Phasma leader for extra Attacks. It's all about taking out the most threatening target before they can move.
  • You so funny person! Liar but funny!
    Wedge is available from
    1. Cantina 6-F. Need to have lvl 69 for it. Impossible for lvl 59.
    2. Fleet shipments. Need to have lvl 60 for it. Impossible for lvl 59.
    So please explain how you on level 59 used Wedge as leader and even beaten GW? More like you is liar it all.
    Oh wait, im forgot about only option - toss 30k $ and buy a ton chrome packs then beaten GW, roflmao.
    Good bye Mr HeresTheLie.
  • lamikgb1 wrote: »
    You so funny person! Liar but funny!
    Wedge is available from
    So please explain how you on level 59 used Wedge as leader and even beaten GW? More like you is liar it all.
    Oh wait, im forgot about only option - toss 30k $ and buy a ton chrome packs then beaten GW, roflmao.
    Good bye Mr HeresTheLie.

On my main account when i was low level, i was beating it whit: dooku, ren, daka, sid and phasma. Switching between healer (jc, lumi, bariss) then i was doing it whit my droids.

On my altc account, i was running jawas before i use rebells, cakewalk.

Sometimes yes you got hard nodes, but if you're struggling every day...then you probably have made poor choice of toon in your farm.
  • More examples for the staff. This was only node 6 today, I was using my B team the previous fights. This whole team is g11/10 7*. This was my first attack after they whooped on me when i started. I wound up getting rid of EP's shield that was it. This isn't "mismanagement". If you have to have the "right" team to consistently have a chance in GW, that's broken too. The game is presented as play with your dream squad. If you can't assemble your dream squad and level them to near max and play the game with some amount of competitiveness, then the game is not working as advertised and needs balancing. The argument of "I have 'X' team and always win GW it's not broken." Doesn't work. With the large amount of available characters to play and choose from, there needs to be the ability to progress in the game with a wide variety of combinations. A proper matchmaking system would allow that. The current system does not allow it. Screenshot_2017-04-03-09-33-59_zpslunze8bl.png
  • lamikgb1
    15 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Nice example. Rename game to Star Wars Galaxy of FOTM squad and suck all others!
    Post edited by lamikgb1 on
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    lamikgb1 wrote: »
    You so funny person! Liar but funny!
    Wedge is available from
    Good bye Mr HeresTheLie.

iOS users got a free wedge, also wedge was a monthly log in character. So low level player could have a wedge, and if willing to spend crystals you can get wedge shards from the PVE shipments.
  • lamikgb1
    15 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Even opening Wedge dont allow to use it as leader on GW and complete it each day. Pls dont support lie about 59 lvl player with 4* Wedge can kill pack of 7* 70-75 lvl heroes as on my screen.
    Shipments bring (rare as hell) a shard or multiple shards but you still need 65 for achieve 5* and still can be eaten by synergy teams very well.
    Incredible luck, game event reward and opinion of high lvl players with everything on top 985 lvl, top gear, zeta) cannot be WORKABLE soultion for every day gameplay of everyone. Especially if you just hit 59 lvl and meet 81 player in GW.
    Polish your precious cards but stop to whine on forums when ppl trying to fix bugs like GW matching. Kktnxbye.
  • Darksaber98
    427 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    @lamikgb1
    just use your top 5 as shown in image and use sth lead
    kill maul first then lumi or vader
    from there it should be easy
    you could probably kill 2-3 of the node 12 team and lose your team completely
    then throw everything you have at the remaining 3-2 enemies with whatever you have
    with your set you can hope to win with just 1 team
    send in the first team and kill as much as you can
    then damage control with the lesser teams