Nerf Darth Maul's Zeta Now

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Ronoaldo wrote: »
    Get Nihilus leadership squad and Kenobi, then zeta Maul became just as easy as any other team

Interesting. Nihilus, Dooku, GK...who would be the best other 2? I'm thinking Rex and B2? Or maybe zid? Thoughts?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Bt_7274 wrote: »
    Bt_7274 wrote: »
    @Ig88isboss you saw that vid chewie lead beats zaul right?go whine somewhere else everyone is tired of you,especially me

With nihilus in there you can pretty much use whatever squad u want... As long as you got a cpl taunters
    U need the right squad,if i toss mob enforcer leader ,gk,srp and st han can i defeat zauls?ofc not

As long as you can protect your DN and get some insta-kills in, you are pretty much good to go...
  • Reddstorm wrote: »
    To the people saying zMaul is OP, what team do you use?
    I use five Mace Windus. Why do you ask? :o

HAHAHAHA!!!!

• Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Get Nihilus leadership squad and Kenobi, then zeta Maul became just as easy as any other team

Interesting. Nihilus, Dooku, GK...who would be the best other 2? I'm thinking Rex and B2? Or maybe zid? Thoughts?

A DN lead with STrooper + GK +zSO and SA will be hard for a great zDM team to even beat the AI. There's some variation there - you can bring in Dooku for SA. The zeta on SO is key. Now in these DN teams the DN unique is zeta'd, so the health down leaves Sith incredibly weak for health. Then you get the Trooper + SA hitting through protection and then it's an easy kill for zSO on your toons even with a lot of protection remaining.

Nice thing is zDV goes through them like swiss cheese (DN leads, not Rex).

DN leader looks like it's the new Rex somewhat - it's the great counter squad. Not many have the tankier version of Sith available that beats Rex 3x cleanse well (Trooper, Dooku, zSO, DN as lead, etc.). Many Sith teams now are more speed / attack based with DM / EP / SA being prominent. But if you're nestled in a Rex / zDM leader board a DN lead is probably optimal with the right build.
  • Maul is only OP if your team is too weak to beat him. How many more nerf insert name here _______ posts do we really need here before you people will realize this?

Nerf only means one thing...my team, roster etc isn't good enough so I want the devs to make it easier cause my team should be able to beat any other team on any given day.

Learn to play weak people..learn to play.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

A DN lead with STrooper + GK +zSO and SA will be hard for a great zDM team to even beat the AI. There's some variation there - you can bring in Dooku for SA. The zeta on SO is key. Now in these DN teams the DN unique is zeta'd, so the health down leaves Sith incredibly weak for health. Then you get the Trooper + SA hitting through protection and then it's an easy kill for zSO on your toons even with a lot of protection remaining.

DN leader looks like it's the new Rex somewhat - it's the great counter squad. Not many have the tankier version of Sith available that beats Rex 3x cleanse well (Trooper, Dooku, zSO, DN as lead, etc.). Many Sith teams now are more speed / attack based with DM / EP / SA being prominent. But if you're nestled in a Rex / zDM leader board a DN lead is probably optimal with the right build.

Good stuff. Thanks for the input.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Cryyyyy babeeee
    Cryyyyy babeeee
  • Ig88isboss wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    War wrote: »
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    Love how everyone brings up rex as a counter and that makes maul not op. Having only one counter means it is still insanely op.

If you have a counter, you're not OP. That term gets thrown around way too much. When we actually do have an OP meta, we won't be able to say OP, because you could be talking OP like Chaze or Zaul.

One counter does mean its op. If your forced to run a particular thing just to counter it its op. This is a simple concept in balance in game design...

Except Rex isn't the only toon you can use to counter zMaul. Essentially any team with reliable tenacity up and/or cleanse can beat them. There's a plethora of youtube videos of people easily beating zMaul teams with Rogue One teams, Jedi teams, Nihilus teams, other zMaul teams, hybrid teams, etc.

Yea beating not good zaul teams. And those teams are scratching and clawing for wins on offense and get completely trashed on defense. If you really actually think zaul isn't op you're just lying to yourself.

Jedi and R1 elite built teams do easily beat elite zDM teams...and do not get trashed on D. They can even now stay in the top 20 to hold overnight on heavy Sith boards.

The players referencing Rex taking over ... that's going to keep happening because the true meta is Rex + Cleanse - and especially Rex + Chaze. Wait till more own the Chaze combo. zDM squads get moved in arena quite easily. I wouldn't waste my time and effort trying to get zDM nerfed - I'd get out ahead of the fake zDM meta and look really smart by calling for a Rex/Chaze/GK nerf.

You can't just nerf characters in the first place. People end up having to completely restart because their team isn't good anymore. That's a huge waste of resources and time and would only anger players.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member

Wow, actual strategy among all of the incessant whining. I use the triple cleanse squad and have no problem with Zaul squads, but I'm glad Nihilus lead is coming to the forefront
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Buff zaul!
    Buff zaul!

Suddenly Qui Gon appears as a force ghost and says, "Whoever you are, I will find you and I will kill you."
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    i think he needs a double buff and some more synergy if you use him with the sith from episodes 1-6.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    tRRRey wrote: »

Wow, actual strategy among all of the incessant whining. I use the triple cleanse squad and have no problem with Zaul squads, but I'm glad Nihilus lead is coming to the forefront

Yes! More DN leads please. (My Resistance squad eats them for breakfast.)
  • spotremix wrote: »
    Syrath wrote: »
    spotremix wrote: »
    maybe if you all would get the sand out of your vaginas and work on a counter instead of taking to the forum to cry nerf.

Dude you have some salt in your vajaj about neefing
    Rybodean wrote: »
    I have played this game for over a year now and never have I seen something more insanely OP than Darth mauls zeta lead. I have many great toons and have a good understanding of tactics and everything. Yet there is nothing that can even touch his zeta lead with the right combo of Sith Lords. I'm not going to put what they were in this but I'm sure everyone can figure it out. Because soon everyone will know just how op it is. If they don't already.

It wiped out my entire roster and I managed to kill two people. I've never been more frustrated and raged out over a game in my life.

i would suggest as others have you get zeta maul yourself. crying nerf won't solve the issue.

you should remember one thing before crying nerf. how would you feel if someone cried nerf for a toon you use and possibly a favorite of yours?

i'll make you a deal. they can nerf maul IF they can nerf one of your favorite most used toons.

stop taking a game so seriously. it's not real life. it doesn't make you any better or more important than any other person. no one cares what toons you have or what rank you are. just sit back and enjoy the game.

quit getting your panties in a wad.

OP clearly hit a nerve with you, take a moment jump up and down and get the sand out of your vajaj Sally. It isn't personal it's clear your biased. Sometimes things are too strong and need change. Enjoy it while you can and stop ****.

for your information my name isn't sally. it's nicole thank you very much.

Whoa! I thought you were a guy.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    maybe if you all would get the sand out of your vaginas and work on a counter instead of taking to the forum to cry nerf.

I have played this game for over a year now and never have I seen something more insanely OP than Darth mauls zeta lead. I have many great toons and have a good understanding of tactics and everything. Yet there is nothing that can even touch his zeta lead with the right combo of Sith Lords. I'm not going to put what they were in this but I'm sure everyone can figure it out. Because soon everyone will know just how op it is. If they don't already.

It wiped out my entire roster and I managed to kill two people. I've never been more frustrated and raged out over a game in my life.

i would suggest as others have you get zeta maul yourself. crying nerf won't solve the issue.

you should remember one thing before crying nerf. how would you feel if someone cried nerf for a toon you use and possibly a favorite of yours?

i'll make you a deal. they can nerf maul IF they can nerf one of your favorite most used toons.

stop taking a game so seriously. it's not real life. it doesn't make you any better or more important than any other person. no one cares what toons you have or what rank you are. just sit back and enjoy the game.

OP clearly hit a nerve with you, take a moment jump up and down and get the sand out of your vajaj Sally. It isn't personal it's clear your biased. Sometimes things are too strong and need change. Enjoy it while you can and stop ****.

@spotremix is a catfish.
  • Imagine if they nerfed Zaul and every sheep in the player base went back to wiggs? :s

• spotremix
    1566 posts Member

still want me to get the sand out of my terror cave??

• How bout just get zmaul for yourself, and stop your whining
  • They should ban nerf threads, I'm really fed up at reading "nerf this, nerf that, nerf CUP, nerf Rey" threads.

+1
  • i smash zaul teams. he does not need a nerf lol
  • JasFonz wrote: »
    Here. December Shard. No Comment
    https://imgur.com/a/DV7GF

I'm dead so me using rex lead is OP great... he is a permanent part of the meta i guess
  • No, I'm arena rank 100s and zaul is way too easy. Ten up from chirrut and boom they're dead.
    Nihilus leads just need a expose from Jyn.
  • AnnerDoon wrote: »
    Last week, the top of my arena was mostly Maul. Like, seriously... 7 or 8 in the top 10. Right now? There are 2 in the top 20, and only 8 in the top 50. Maul can be beat.

Hint: I'm currently sitting in first place with a clone leader who's name rhymes with Tex.

Three of the top players on my shard started running those Rex/kenobi/baze teams and by the next day they'd all switched back to their old zaul teams. Those Rex/kenobi/baze teams are the main counter to zaul but they aren't particularly difficult to beat by other comps on defense. If no one ran zaul, then no one would run those Rex/kenobi/baze teams either
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryImbOTDXe8

This is what I think about nerf threads.
  • AnnerDoon wrote: »
    Last week, the top of my arena was mostly Maul. Like, seriously... 7 or 8 in the top 10. Right now? There are 2 in the top 20, and only 8 in the top 50. Maul can be beat.

Hint: I'm currently sitting in first place with a clone leader who's name rhymes with Tex.

Three of the top players on my shard started running those Rex/kenobi/baze teams and by the next day they'd all switched back to their old zaul teams. Those Rex/kenobi/baze teams are the main counter to zaul but they aren't particularly difficult to beat by other comps on defense. If no one ran zaul, then no one would run those Rex/kenobi/baze teams either

Yep, can't wait for Maul's numbers to dwindle so I can put Rex away and play something else. Doing the same thing, 5x a day for a month is pretty "meh" lol.
  • theHejiN
    659 posts Member
    Prerty sure, nerf won't happen.

1st: there are teams, that can beat zMaul easily
    2nd: it's more likely, EA will add more toons, to counter it
  • Put your eggs in the resistance or first order basket. I bet both factions get big buffs when the next movie comes out. Getting zaul now puts you behind the guys that already have him. Chase the meta all you want, somebody got a head start on you.
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Put your eggs in the resistance or first order basket. I bet both factions get big buffs when the next movie comes out. Getting zaul now puts you behind the guys that already have him. Chase the meta all you want, somebody got a head start on you.

Yea but that's like 9 months down the road...
    Put your eggs in the resistance or first order basket. I bet both factions get big buffs when the next movie comes out. Getting zaul now puts you behind the guys that already have him. Chase the meta all you want, somebody got a head start on you.

Yea but that's like 9 months down the road...

True... that's the surest bet for a faction buff though. I can only speculate on who will be buffed in the meantime
  • Rybodean wrote: »

Gotta disagree- Zetas are supposed to give an extra advantage, they are ridiculous to obtain. zeta QGJ can also be very frustrating. Rex works great too. And Blaze is still more infuriating