Ability Upgrades

How do you tell if an upgraded ability can be used now before you get it? I mean how do you know if you can use an upgrade at level 70 instead of 72 or 74. Is there away to know before you upgrade?

Replies

• If you select an ability, it tells you if you can continue lvling it up, or what lvl it can be lvled up. Usually, the ability lvl marches the lvl of your account. So if you're lvl50-59, most likely you'll be able to upgrade a characters ability to lvl5, if you're lvl60-69, you'll be able to upgrade it to lvl6, and the pattern continues.
  • If the ability can't be used it will say on the right available at level XX and you won't be able to purchase it until XX level. So it really shouldn't matter.
  • The problem is that it tells you , you can't use it after you already purchased it. It would be better if they let you know before hand. I get what Halowars said about the correlation between levels. Thought there might be a chart somewhere that showed what level ups each character could attain at say level 70. Make sense?
  • You still purchase the ability, you just can't use it until you attain that level, and you waste purple thingy until you reach that level.
  • Pindasauskanon
    1803 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    It doesnt work like that. When you upgrade the ability you use it at that level in battle.

swgohcantina.com

You can check the abilites on this website
  • Etevo wrote: »
    You still purchase the ability, you just can't use it until you attain that level, and you waste purple thingy until you reach that level.

Are you sure? The ability should be active as soon as you purchase it, or else it wouldn't of let you purchase it in the first place. It then tells you what lvl your character has to be to be able to unlock the next lvl. For the most part though, if you're characters ability is lvl 5, for example, and you're lvl 60, sometime while going up in character lvls, you should be able to get his ability to lvl 6.
  • i am at level 70 on 7 characters but won't be able to use ability upgrades on several characters until level 74. Thanks
    i am at level 70 on 7 characters but won't be able to use ability upgrades on several characters until level 74. Thanks

Yeah, so you didn't pay for the upgrade then.
  • No , you pay for once you choose it, even if you can't use it.
  • Pindasauskanon
    1803 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Ok this is going nowhere.
    Let me explain once more and this is how it works:
    Let's say you have a Jedi Consular with the ability "Jedi Healing" at level 1.
    When you go into to battle you use this ability at level 1.
    Now you decide to upgrade the ability to level, you pay the upgrade price. Now the ability is level 2.
    When you use jedi consular in battle, his jedi healing is level 2.

When you tap the ability you see the current ability description on the left. And on the right side you see the next ability upgrade with the effect (for example +5% heal), the level requirement and the cost. So when you pay the upgrade cost, the ability will be at the next level.

Clear?
    You still purchase the ability, you just can't use it until you attain that level, and you waste purple thingy until you reach that level.
    Etevo wrote: »
    No , you pay for once you choose it, even if you can't use it.

These are not correct. First, you need to reach the level (if it is over level 70, then you cannot upgrade the ability). Second, you need to collect the required amount of mats. Even if you have the required amounts, if you have not reached the level, you will not be able to upgrade. Third, you need the proper amount of Credits. However, even if you have the Credits and the Ability Mats ready, you still cannot upgrade if you have not reached the level.

Therefore, you have not and cannot purchase the ability. You can save it and not use it for other heroes if you wish, but you have to wait until CG raises the level 70 cap. And that may be another few months into the future.
    Etevo wrote: »
    i am at level 70 on 7 characters but won't be able to use ability upgrades on several characters until level 74. Thanks

This is true. It won't let you buy or use the ability upgrades. But whatever you purchased before, all the upgrades up to level 70, you will still be able to use it. You just can't upgrade yet. So the upgrades you bought up to level 70 has not been wasted.

FashionFett.
  • Thx
  • I get it now