Free to play Jedi vs whales Sith [VIDEO]

godgiven45
1093 posts Member
edited April 2017
Here is my free to play jedi sticking it to a spenders sith team.
I think jedi are the obvious meta choice for the f2p right now. Hope you enjoy the video
https://youtu.be/-soq9BMEirE

Replies

• godgiven45
    1093 posts Member
    And if there are any free to play out there that need a home the Inglorious Blasters need one new member
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Is there a level requirement?
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Sick team by the way. What Zetas do you currently have on them?
  • godgiven45
    1093 posts Member
    The team only has the 2 zetas. Qgj L and Yoda battle meditation.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    I really like Jedi teams, beacuse I don't see any in my arena. I run Empire/Sith, and hope they release DK and DT in reasonably farmable F2P locations. I'm the only Emperor Palpatine Lead in top 100. Everyone else is DN or Jynn leads ATM. Makes it easy to stay in the top 5.

My only issue is a whale in #1 for the last month or so. 7 levels higher than most other players, with an endless roster. For that reason alone I only take #2 payout every day. But I welcome the competition. I think with DK and DT I can compete for #1.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    If you are welcoming lower level players, I'm very competitive and always spend my gems on refreshes for energy (guild points). This is my second account, I started over as an F2P player to quit my spending habits cold turkey. Been free ever since. Only level 68, but I plan on commiting long term if you wouldn't mind a lowly bottom feeder with high potential ;)
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    How well do you do against teams with Sith Trooper instead of Darth Vader?
  • godgiven45 wrote: »
    I think jedi are the obvious meta choice for the f2p right now. Hope you enjoy the video
    https://youtu.be/-soq9BMEirE

Well .. Ahsoka dealt a total of 16k dmg.. U might use rex instead or b2, orbaze, shore, zarriss , mob enforcer
  • Nice. How long have you been playing?
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Nice video, love the song, but imo without gk you would have been severely beaten. While yes gk is ftp he is probably the hardest character to obtain. While jedi are viable, sith are actually easier to farm for ftp as the best jedi teams include gk.
  • I like your GK doing 17K dmg, wiping out EP's health with one hit :P
  • Krayden_Phogg
    1685 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Well .. Ahsoka dealt a total of 16k dmg

It's cute you think that, but you're wrong.
  • Waqui wrote: »

I am curious about this as well.I'd like to see how your team does against a team with Zavage and Sith Trooper instead of EP and Vader.
  • godgiven45
    1093 posts Member
    @Jasinious I started December 2015
  • godgiven45
    1093 posts Member
    @Waqui and @Bremlo1486 no one on my shard uses sith trooper but I have absolutely no problem with zavage, zylo, chaze or Rex teams. I got several arena videos on YouTube check them out if you have time. This video was done in response to a guild mate not believing jedi could recover from the DN, Zaul, DV, palp specials you get nailed with at the beginning of a fight against Zaul lead with sith assassin
  • godgiven45
    1093 posts Member
    @Drax_77 while I don't disagree that GK makes the jedi go. I think that most F2P guys that have mature roster should have him by now. Mine is almost 7* and I'm in a 100% F2p guild. We have 2 f2p guilds and both have been doing heroics for the same amount of time. All our members except the newer ones have him. So yes a lot of the newer players might not have GK most of the senior guys should regardless whether they are f2p or not.
    I do think that if you don't have GK that zbarris would be the next best thing. Don't sleep on Zyoda. He is a must have for a zqgj team
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    @godgiven45 true most people that have been around for awhile, or those who have been able to join heroic guilds need nothing other than time to farm him ftp or ptp alike. But he is one of the hardest characters to farm in the game and most definitely the hardest jedi to farm. I have many times beat zqgj with my zmaul team and rather easily when they don't have gk on the squad, now you throw in gk and a fast zyoda and that's an entirely different team and I rarely beat them. My point is more that I'm not convinced it's the obvious choice meta for ftp, imo sith are easier to farm.
  • godgiven45
    1093 posts Member
    @Drax_77 it's a good debate I just don't think most want a couple 3 or 4*s on their arena team.
  • godgiven45
    1093 posts Member
    On a side note whales can't hide from jedi with Rex either
    https://youtu.be/tUM5qNlHlh4
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    godgiven45 wrote: »
    @Drax_77 it's a good debate I just don't think most want a couple 3 or 4*s on their arena team.

My two 3* toons work rather nicely on my squad! Either way if you choose jedi, Rex, sith or the newly "farmable" r1 squad it has become very viable for ftp to compete with the whales, and having more than 1 way to do it to me means the game is headed in the right direction. And if jedi get a rework the way sith did then yes I'd say they would most likely be the best ftp squad out there.
  • JayNyxx
    269 posts Member
    On a side note whales can't hide from jedi with Rex either
    https://youtu.be/tUM5qNlHlh4

I'm glad Jedi are working out well for you but to say that Jedi are the best option for F2P is simply not true. Your Jedi team is held together by General Kenobi. GK is not available for 95% of players and I'm sure that number would even lower for F2P. A Jedi team without GK is going to get SLAUGHTERED.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

They aren't too bad..

5ZLPhe1.jpg
    ooWHFzM.jpg

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Looks great :—)
  • Monxie
    559 posts Member
    I think jedi are the obvious meta choice for the f2p right now.
    You can have a great Sith team without spending though, since the assassin and Nihilus are just fine at 4*. Therefore, the FTP meta is Sith but it's great to see a Jedi team can defeat it on offense.