Should there be challenge sim tickets?

Prev1
cosmicturtle333
5004 posts Member
edited February 2016
On Sunday there are 24 available challenges. If each challenge takes one to two minutes that could be as much as 45 minutes of your day spent farming the gear, mats and droids required to progress.

Would it be a good idea to be able to sim challenges?

My idea is you have to complete the challenge once to being with then after that you can sim the rest of your battles to get the same result as your first try. This means it still takes a little time, and it is a challenge, but then you don't have to do it another two to four times depending on the challenge.

This could be a great way to monetize people's impatience too. I know I would spend some crystals to save some time too.
My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.

Should there be challenge sim tickets? 94 votes

Good idea
69%
RolfEnigmaticienHitNSmashcosmicturtle333IM_UR_UPGRADEArillianSlythRinnTerminexCrymsonkyngD_MillennialStarSonCaspertricksMako482ItscaptainphasmaKairiRhienDarthNicoLordStylinggarcia_george99BLuby25FAED_Emperor 65 votes
Bad idea
23%
SongFantazyd3gaussDanTomkozakjanosJugilismaaniReznorXtjw_tjw14ThalosKiranoArijitCalus_78Lukeandrew11620Nerfherder17Obi1_master1Kwynne4444PlasmajJuan123RU486HarmonicaKamikazeRhombus 22 votes
Other
4%
QeltarAbyssWildRileVaderJK12 4 votes
I don't like your poll, where's my other option?
3%
AzraelrulezAluxendrDingleTingle 3 votes

Replies

• Ring
    559 posts Member
    Good idea
    On the one hand - heck yes. With all those challenges, it takes over an hour to go through all of them. On the other, I'm already simming my way through the cantina battles as well as the missions. To many simming opportunities and this game will soon run on full auto. So maybe they should add sim tickets and some small reward for manually completing the challenges? You know, like we do with using Allies in the cantina/missions when we can get an extra 10 Ally Points for not using the tickets and using an ally.
  • Good idea
    I agree with that, there currently isn't enough content and this subsidizes it. But playing my challenges on auto and waiting 90 seconds each time is also very tedious.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Good idea
    Ring wrote: »
    On the one hand - heck yes. With all those challenges, it takes over an hour to go through all of them. On the other, I'm already simming my way through the cantina battles as well as the missions. To many simming opportunities and this game will soon run on full auto. So maybe they should add sim tickets and some small reward for manually completing the challenges? You know, like we do with using Allies in the cantina/missions when we can get an extra 10 Ally Points for not using the tickets and using an ally.
    I'd agree, but since I'm mainly auto-ing the challenges they're already a snoozefest. I just hit 70 and thought the new challenge tier 5 might be interesting, but i can still blow through the main three on auto. May as well sim them and make it easier to play, as there's no difficulty challenge either way.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Bad idea
    I vote no, not because i hate the idea. But then you make it too easy for people. If people want the mats then they have to earn it. Plus We already have the auto play.

IF you can't even spend time on this game.. maybe this game not for you.

The Challenge have cooldown time so literally mean you have to log in 5-6times a day to finish everything. (morning, lunch, day break, off work, before bed time) etc.

The sunday challenge you have a whole day and you can do it while watching TV.

I think everyone forgot that game is for fun and kill time. Yep tedious time on challenge that is the purpose of the game. Kill time
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Bad idea
    You need to attack some of these a certain way, if you sim you may not do it the way it should be done and lose.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Other
    I would rather they went from 2 2 2 2 2 2 6 to 3 3 3 3 3 3 3, and actually made challenges challenging.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Good idea
    My lineup for the AGI challenge means I can't leave it on auto until the droids are down. I find doing this 15 times a week to be beyond a drag. Didn't even complete all of yesterday's.

Yes please.
    Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Good idea
    Song wrote: »
    IF you can't even spend time on this game.. maybe this game not for you.
    I don't disagree, but pressing "auto" is not spending time in the game. It's *doing something else*, while the game plays itself.
    RU486 wrote: »
    You need to attack some of these a certain way, if you sim you may not do it the way it should be done and lose.
    She's not suggesting that you get to sim it if you can't already win. It should be like the regular nodes, where you're only allowed to sim if you've 3*d it already.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Good idea
    Omg please let me sim challenges, please please, please. 2 reasons

1) I am sitting on 1.8k sim tickets
    2) Challenges take FOREVER!
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Good idea
    Mispost
  • Good idea
    I just came on the forum to make this suggestion and it was already here. You are spot on. I almost just fell asleep while trying to complete all of my Subday challenges. After doing them daily for months with zero difficulty, they are really getting stale.
  • Good idea
    Sunday
  • I just wish they made them a little more difficult.
  • Bad idea
    There is enough content that you can Sim through or auto. We should manual more of the game than the 17 minutes of arena every day. There are some that even auto through GW.
  • I don't like your poll, where's my other option?
    How about this:

Using a Sim ticket yields a random amount of reward from the challenge (within current tier variance)

Completing the challenge without autoplay or Sim yields maximum or maximum -1 item rewards.
  • Good idea
    A cost of 10 crystals to sim. If your impatient, it would cost you a total of 180 crystals to complete every remaining challenge. Completely optional.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Other
    I went with other only because i wanna burn up these excess sim ti since they do nothing.

I suggest once we have 3*d it we can sim the rest forever. No need to even run the 1st one each day ;)

Great idea tho, anyway to make use of these worthless sim tix is a good thing since they cant be used faster then u can aquire them
  • I don't like your poll, where's my other option?
    As previously mentioned. Everything will be simmed. Sim Sim Sim Sim wait for CD. Rinse repeat. Should be more of a bonus for not Sim'ing.
    Bye Forums.
  • Good idea
    As previously mentioned. Everything will be simmed. Sim Sim Sim Sim wait for CD. Rinse repeat. Should be more of a bonus for not Sim'ing.

But challenges aren't... a challenge. ;)

I personally put them on auto anyway. The only truly interactive modes in the game are Arena and GW. Hopefully they add more soon.
  • Good idea
    I just want one for the healer/support challege. I cant put it on auto cause the support droids kill me along with savage
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Good idea
    Make challenges like the GW node where it releases more and better items as you progress.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Good idea
    Would be even better if they made you go up against teams on your server, this way you can test new strategies on them and it would be an actual useful gameplay function
  • Aluxendr wrote: »
    How about this:

Using a Sim ticket yields a random amount of reward from the challenge (within current tier variance)

Completing the challenge without autoplay or Sim yields maximum or maximum -1 item rewards.

+1
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Bad idea
    I am nervous about letting any more of the game go 'auto'. And yes, I have ...maybe...3hrs a day in 10 min increments I can commit to GoH. Still, I find myself not auto-ing regular battles just because I miss the thrill of the fight; especially on 7-Hard DS. That took skill, and I want more of that.
  • Good idea
    There should be a sim tickets challange. Im always running out
  • Good idea
    There should be a sim tickets challange. Im always running out

Now that is a good idea.
  • Bad idea
    What is the point of simming a challenge that gives hard to get mats. Not really a challenge when you do not have to even take the challenge. Maybe we should just ask them to send us free mats in our inboxes daily and skip the challenges. People already say they have nothing to do in this game already, atleast the challenges get you playing. This of course is a my own point of view.
  • Good idea
    If they don't give us harder challenges then yes, I can auto play every challenge right now, even savage.
  • Bad idea
    That's just super lazy.