9/10 zaul teams funny?

Replies

• spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    There actually more variety than there use to be. No empire, no Jedi, no Sith, no Rex, no Boba just 18 out of 20 Wiggs+STH.

Whose fault is it, the players or the developers? There's very little balance in the game. People who try buck the trend rarely crack top 10 and end up 40-50 over night, get sick of it then go back to zaul/QGJ/Rex unless they spent $10k+ so have godly mods.

If they mad Ewoks viable I'd be running them in a heartbeat but everyone knows that will never happen.

come to my shard and say that.

ALL YOU SEE is wiggando, rg, rey or EP.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    spotremix wrote: »
    There actually more variety than there use to be. No empire, no Jedi, no Sith, no Rex, no Boba just 18 out of 20 Wiggs+STH.

Whose fault is it, the players or the developers? There's very little balance in the game. People who try buck the trend rarely crack top 10 and end up 40-50 over night, get sick of it then go back to zaul/QGJ/Rex unless they spent $10k+ so have godly mods.

If they mad Ewoks viable I'd be running them in a heartbeat but everyone knows that will never happen.

Post a pic of your top 10.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    WenHandel wrote: »
    Yeah, it's probably true that Rex teams are mostly on the higher powered shards where General Kenobis are plentiful. That's why the meta report shows a lot of zMaul leads when some of us see something very different. I guess that's what I didn't get. On my shard zMaul is outdated so it is hard to think of him as meta when you've seen everyone drop him for something they feel is better.

This is the situation I'm in - he's often used across the game, but he's not the best so he can't really be "META" from what I see everyday. It's just not common yet. It's similar to how you will still see a stray "wiggs is OP and needs nerfed" thread here and there still. Just depends on your shard and your team. The shift for me started a few weeks ago and it seems to be in full effect now as noted by the numbers above. I've been looking at zDM as dead for some time now, he's on the downside of his arc. Today so far I've had 4 wins in arena, 1 was with Maul, 2 were with DN vs. 3x cleanse teams, and 1 was with zDV vs. a DN lead. That means I got to use the following characters:

DV, Boba, TFP, EP, DN, Dooku, SA, SO, and Kylo...

that's pretty fun to me being able to use 9 characters legitimately in optimal situations. 3 leaders and 3 fairly different squad configurations. I don't remember too many times in this game I could legitimately use 3 different leaders and teams. I have however often seen the game in much worse condition than this. Just give it time and the squads will shift.
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Mullato wrote: »

number 1 this was an A B conversation so C your way out of it.

number 2 i'm not gonna sign up with some third party site to upload pics for this forum. if we could insert pics directly into the posts i'd gladly do it.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited April 2017

number 2 i'm not gonna sign up with some third party site to upload pics for this forum. if we could insert pics directly into the posts i'd gladly do it.

Number 1. that was lame.

Number 2. You dont have to sign up to any site.
  • I'm on september 2016 shard, and of course maul populate most of the top 10 spots, but during the day a variation of teams come into top 10. Usually we have 2 Rex teams, 1 QGJ lead with GK, and then we have some teams that come's in time to payment, we have wiggs lead, boba lead, ep lead. I don't see it like a problem.
    Like always people have to learn how to face the enemy, just like wiggs, or when pre taunt cames, ppl know ow to counter and they weren't a problem anymore.
    Even CG give's ppl a F2P toon to counter Zaul, so make your way into top 10!
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    Hmm. A rex lead needs some good mods to stay competitive. A maul L doesnt!

lol your completly wrong.
    All a zaul squad needs is 1 fast assassin and the rest are fine. rex lead they get enough tm from his lead that speed doesn't matter
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member

Number 1. that was lame.

Number 2. You dont have to sign up to any site.

then feel free to pm instructions on how to insert pics into a post without uploading to some other site first and i will gladly get you a screenshot of my top 10.

• spotremix wrote: »

Are you sure you don't see Chewie too? Obviously you haven't been playing long, or as long as the rest of the people in the converstion. I haven't seen Rey in arena for about 5 months.
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member

Are you sure you don't see Chewie too? Obviously you haven't been playing long, or as long as the rest of the people in the converstion. I haven't seen Rey in arena for about 5 months.

i started around august of last year.

Image hosting sites don't use accounts... You upload your screenshot, they give you a URL you C/P here.

Image hosting sites don't use accounts... You upload your screenshot, they give you a URL you C/P here.
    Who cares? He said what was in his arena top ten - why would you doubt that or need a screenshot? Lots of shards don't have zMauls at the top, particularly the youngest and the oldest shards. Many in-between will have a lot of zMaul teams, at least for the moment.
  • Striker
    198 posts Member
    Earlier I had in my top 8\10 zMauls, now, when some of us changed team to triple cleanse squad, I have 5 rex and 5 zMauls. Does it seems like no brain style or it is just imbalance?
  • VektorT wrote: »
    By the way, something I learned from this forum is that don't matter how much f*up things are, a lot of people come here saying it's alright. Looks like the burning dog meme.

So much truth.
  • Because I've been waiting since release to be able to play a Sith team. FINALLY able to use them, and be competetive, and get nothing but crybabies.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    What a surprise. A complaint about the current meta. Nothing new here that hasn't been said in the umpteen other zMaul threads.
  • My shard:

Zaul
    Zaul
    Rex
    Dooku
    Zaul
    Zaul
    Zader
    Rex
    Zader
    Jyn

We have an under-developed FO team (not all zetas in place) who cracks into top 5 at payout and I am hopeful that and the Jyn team pan out better soon.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • xReDeMpx wrote: »
    Hurkan wrote: »
    I don't want to complain and I am not a nerf caller but do you think this is funny? I can also make a zaul team it is not problem but if everybody play with zaul why other toons and team leaders exist?
    https://youtu.be/9IF8IrcPzBY

I wonder when your shard will catch on to Rex L with triple cleanse because that usually trashes zaul

Exactly! Rex, GK, Chaze and Pick a toon ( I use Zylo).
  • Cardiff0
    516 posts Member
    VektorT wrote: »

By the way, something I learned from this forum is that don't matter how much f*up things are, a lot of people come here saying it's alright. Looks like the burning dog meme.

Wiggs oneshot/game over meta - 'no its fine rly gud gampley m8 jus farm dem'

'All people do on here is complain and i hate complaining so my forum contribution will be strictly complaints about them'

Basically for every 'crybaby' there is someone touchy and protective over their OP cheese they've built on the other side, people have paid for a meta team and are perfectly happy to keep the game being unbalanced and boring. You can dominate your shard with money no matter what, heaven forbid you actually having to choose a team rather than just doing as you're told... Just encourage some balance, and if/when there is any diversity, you will enjoy the game more.

Truth is the game just isnt balanced, never has been, and that is not a tough concept. That is simply not good for players/fun of the game. Again thats not rocket science. So if youre a player of this game and you dont think this harms the game, you're a turkey voting for christmas. If you do see that having to face the same team over and over for months on end makes arena/the game really bad and simply refuse to complain (i dont know why?), you are nonsensical. Never complaining about anything doesn't make you a reasonable person, sorry.

No one should be accepting it, its terrible gameplay, and much less trying to slaughter people who see it that way when it so obviously is? And after farming it and cheesing with it, that is all people do when a meta emerges. If negative words towards a billion dollar company are too much for you to handle, leave the forums. Leave the internet. Honestly, consider if planet earth is really for you. But i think deep down the issue is more that you are just triggered by people not wanting what you have spent your cash on to dominate their game for several months, others would like a proper, balanced game rather than having to play a certain team.

Either way, I dont think it will be this way with 'meta' forever, i think we will see some balance at some point, perhaps then you will be thankful that the game is interesting. We should all be on the same page of wanting arena to be balanced, regardless of whether you put a zeta on maul or not. lol.

We've been playing for a year/more now, its getting time SWGOH put on its big boy pants, and you guys did too
  • Its funny because the fifty year old neckbeard virgins love the dark side since they are all pussies in real life. Wiggs sthan only like 2/20 at level 77 so idk what the **** lucky easy shard you got
  • xReDeMpx wrote: »
    Hurkan wrote: »
    This is a Feb 2016 shard and first time I see 9/10 same team. I think there is something wrong!

Na not really.

Every shard is different.

I'm on a 2015 dec shard

In our top 10 we have approx 6 maul 3 Rex and I run nihilus L

I saw your screenshots. Out of curiosity, what does your DN squad look like? I haven't seen on work yet, so it would be cool to see one that is obviously competitive.
  • JVU420
    429 posts Member
    HGF69 wrote: »
    So who are people putting with Rex (L) to beat Zaul teams?

I run triple cleanse with Rex(L), Nihilus, GK, Chaze.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    HGF69 wrote: »
    So who are people putting with Rex (L) to beat Zaul teams?

I'm running Rex, Boba, TFP, zKylo, and either Shore or SF as warranted.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Lebronaims wrote: »
    Its funny because the fifty year old neckbeard virgins love the dark side since they are all pussies in real life.

On spring break, huh internet tough guy? :D

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • My shard:

Zaul (me)

Wedge

Wedge

Wedge

Wedge

Wedge

Wedge

Rex (my teammate)

Wedge

Wedge

How fun is that? (Dec 2016 Shard)
  • Jedi6371
    150 posts Member
    I have a lot of Zaul's and Rex's on my shard. However each squad comp is unique and modded differently. There's still a lot of strategy and creativity that goes into holding the top spot.
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    My shard:

Zaul (me)

Wedge

Wedge

Wedge

Wedge

Wedge

Wedge

Rex (my teammate)

Wedge

Wedge

No one cares about baby shards. They don't count.
  • My shard:

Zaul (me)

Wedge

Wedge

Wedge

Wedge

Wedge

Wedge

Rex (my teammate)

Wedge

Wedge

That's funny! We must've signed up for the game days apart because I'm on a Dec server and it looks completely different. It's more like Maul x 13 / Rex x 2 and I don't really pay attention past that.
  • Ig88isboss wrote: »
    My shard:

Zaul (me)

Wedge

Wedge

Wedge

Wedge

Wedge

Wedge

Rex (my teammate)

Wedge

Wedge

No one cares about baby shards. They don't count.

And why is that? Aren't they playing the game too?

Based on your logic, so my Zaul team doesn't count?
  • My shard has plenty of variety... 3 Zaul, 3 Rex, 2 zeta jedi, 1 bounty hunter, and 1 R1 team round out our top 10