No Vader shards since 3/21

Findesiecle
32 posts Member
edited April 2017
If I'm estimating this correctly at 3 refreshes in a day in fleet shipments, I am at 40 cycles without him popping. 91/100. Zeta. Can't use in heroic. Don't troll me saying I should have not run a zeta before 7*. Could not have predicted a 0% show rate over 14 days when he was popping at least every couple days before.

Can this get addressed at some point? Had more luck with Jyn and Chirrut, but the inconsistency is a bit absurd. Not looking for daily drops here.

Replies

• Haha YEAH!!!! That happened to me too 98/100 and the guy is MIA.....I actually passed on him now in the frag and ship shop as I am close to 500 mods and will get him anyway.....
    Pesky devs and their tricks to get your hard earned moneys!!!
    Que la Fuerza os acompañe!

Kakaka

Telegram @Kakakawakaka
    https://swgoh.gg/u/kakakawakaka/
    Código aliado 192-195-873
    https://swgoh.gg/g/516/global-elite-games/
  • If I'm estimating this correctly at 3 refreshes in a day in fleet shipments, I am at 40 cycles without him popping. 91/100. Zeta. Can't use in heroic. Don't troll me saying I should have not run a zeta before 7*. Could not have predicted a 0% show rate over 14 days when he was popping at least every couple days before.

Can this get addressed at some point? Had more luck with Jyn and Chirrut, but the inconsistency is a bit absurd. Not looking for daily drops here.

I just commented on this in my guild today lol
    I need 5 more
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    WAI. Rotten RNG is all it is.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Hmmm .... when I was close to 7-starring Vader, the last 25 or so shards dropped really fast. Like a couple of days. I guess RNGesus just loves me more. Lol
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    darth vader rarely shows in my fleet store, i do have him at 7* for quite a while now though.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Surovi
    21 posts Member
    It is just confirmation bias. You forget all the times it turned up regularly and all the times he was missing for a long time. Since you are close to the goal, it seems like game is rigged. I am 8/100 and he did not show up at least for a week now. When I was 80/85 he showed up in next refresh.
  • Findesiecle
    32 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Confirmation bias has been an overused term in here lately. It is not a bias if I am understanding mechanics correctly. I could be wrong. My understanding is more characters got added to shard shops, which seems to have adversely affected chance of appearing. There seem to be certain common character shards that pop more regularly, whereas more rare rightfully pop less frequently. This could be related to which "slot" the shards pop into and how many other characters pop in that slot, but, again, I am not sure. Jyn for instance always shows in the same slot in the guild store, suggesting a probability metric for that slot.

So unless I'm mistaken, the plea here is this: if they add more character shards to limited slots, please fix it so the probability is not so horrendous. If I am wrong, I want to bang my head against a wall for how bad I am performing insofar as probability.

Still nothing. Here's to 16 minutes from now.
  • Oh and if anybody wants to take pity on me to try to help me complete light side 9 runs: 561-572-525. Stuck on B and competing would sneak me one drop closer.
  • Stav
    34 posts Member
    Zeta'd mine at 6 stars too, took a little longer than expected, but I swear when I needed that last set, it really held out on me.
  • I've seen him at least 4-5 times in the past 2 weeks. Granted I don't need his shards now, but I've seen him. And to be fair I got a bunch of them right before I was about to get him to 7*
  • I just got him 2 times in a row
  • Farm out the remaining shards through achievements? 9 shards are next to nothing if I have to be honest..
  • Finally snagged him.

Current calculations: 21 days since patch = 63 chances, minus 2 to account for late day release and minus one remaining today. 40 chances with a 0% show rate. Last 20 with a 15% show rate. Working total right now is 5% show rate.

I'm wondering with a string of back "luck" / RNG it will end up increasing to 10-15%. I am hellbent on tracking this longitudinally and seeing the working % and how erratic it ends up being.