Wedge

Wedge

Wedge

Wedge

Rex (my teammate)

Wedge

Wedge

How fun is that? (Dec 2016 Shard)

No one cares about baby shards. They don't count.

And why is that? Aren't they playing the game too?

Based on your logic, so my Zaul team doesn't count?

Probably because no one has had enough time to branch out and farm teams other than the required ones for progression (Rebels/Scoundrels/etc). Devs seem to balance around endgame anyways.
  • Zooey wrote: »
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    My shard:

Zaul (me)

Wedge

Wedge

Wedge

Wedge

Wedge

Wedge

Rex (my teammate)

Wedge

Wedge

Probably because no one has had enough time to branch out and farm teams other than the required ones for progression (Rebels/Scoundrels/etc). Devs seem to balance around endgame anyways.

That's obviously true, but I thought the point of this thread was to showcase the lack of diversity in the top 10, which essentially a lot of people have experienced - with Wiggs being a textbook example of that. I also didn't take well to the baby shard comment by that user, as if what they do is irrelevant. I'd be apt to say my arena squad can put up a good fight against many in a lot of older shards.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    My shard:

Zaul (me)

Wedge

Wedge

Wedge

Wedge

Wedge

Wedge

Rex (my teammate)

Wedge

Wedge

Ooops, misread; I joined in Dec 2015. You server matters, but there's a difference in growth with newer shards. Players that have been around, especially early 2016 will probably have better mods and deeper rosters than servers that just started. Your server will probably just be behind many of the older shards in-terms of how the meta goes. That population of Wiggs teams is what many of us dealt with mid to late 2016 and then it evolved into Vader, Wiggs, Rex when your server was launched. No biggie, you're still relevant for sure.
  • Ig88isboss wrote: »
    My shard:

Zaul (me)

Wedge

Wedge

Wedge

Wedge

Wedge

Wedge

Rex (my teammate)

Wedge

Wedge

Ooops, misread; I joined in Dec 2015. You server matters, but there's a difference in growth with newer shards. Players that have been around, especially early 2016 will probably have better mods and deeper rosters than servers that just started. Your server will probably just be behind many of the older shards in-terms of how the meta goes. That population of Wiggs teams is what many of us dealt with mid to late 2016 and then it evolved into Vader, Wiggs, Rex when your server was launched. No biggie, you're still relevant for sure.

Yep totally, if anything the older players have gone through more meta cycles and lack of diversity, so if anything whatever is happening with Zaul now is just echoed in the Wiggs overload in younger shards (and why I went full dark side from day one .. whoop whoop lol)

• Ooops, misread; I joined in Dec 2015. You server matters, but there's a difference in growth with newer shards. Players that have been around, especially early 2016 will probably have better mods and deeper rosters than servers that just started. Your server will probably just be behind many of the older shards in-terms of how the meta goes. That population of Wiggs teams is what many of us dealt with mid to late 2016 and then it evolved into Vader, Wiggs, Rex when your server was launched. No biggie, you're still relevant for sure.

Yep totally, if anything the older players have gone through more meta cycles and lack of diversity, so if anything whatever is happening with Zaul now is just echoed in the Wiggs overload in younger shards (and why I went full dark side from day one .. whoop whoop lol)[/quote]

It's funny because I bought a fair amount of Chromiums early on and I had Maul maxed out a long time ago, so I was thrilled when his zeta came out. I was the first to drop a zeta on him in my server and then suddenly the top 15 is almost all Maul, so much for being different. LOL
  • Hurkan
    77 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Jetlife wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    Hmm. A rex lead needs some good mods to stay
    My shard:

Zaul (me)

Wedge

Wedge

Wedge

Wedge

Wedge

Wedge

Rex (my teammate)

Wedge

Wedge

This is the point I want to say. If we go 1 year ago there was phasma leads, dooku leads, qgj leads, obiwan leads, droids etc. None of them was so op. There was some balance in the game. I wasn't see 9/10 same teams.
  • It's funny because I bought a fair amount of Chromiums early on and I had Maul maxed out a long time ago, so I was thrilled when his zeta came out. I was the first to drop a zeta on him in my server and then suddenly the top 15 is almost all Maul, so much for being different. LOL

Lol well, being the first cool kid means you're going to have a lot of imitators!

When I first started, Maul was the first toon I spent towards getting. I remember before I got the zeta I had to deal with the whole glass cannon reality and how folks in arena would just kill him first and demolish me after that. But I stuck it out and maxed him out. Eventually I got a good support cast like Shore and TFP early on and eventually got to DN, SA, ST etc that put me over the edge in my shard.

Hey, if I had it my way, I'd want nobody else to deviate from the wiggs/chaze builds since I'm totally leveraging the lack of diversity in my world, but I'm sure that will change eventually lol. If anything I'd want this 'baby shard' to stay a baby for as long as possible for my own benefit.
  • Ohhh... poor you. I know what happens there. Everyone avoids Zauls and attacks you :D
  • MoBlaq
    580 posts Member
    This game is now Rock, Paper, Scissors. I kinda would like for the game to revert back to when you just saw the leader and not the whole team
  • I have to say. I find this topic to be completely bogus. I don't think that Zaul leads are overdone. My shard, November 2015 has already evolved beyond Zaul. The other players comments here are correct, the fact that 9/10 on your shard are Zaul is reflective of your shard.

We had a lot of zaul leads in the top ten for about a month there. I was quite proud of myself, I took some advice of some really strong guildmates and they lead me to a zaul/sith arena team before it became meta. At the time my shard was all zader leads with TFP. It was about whose TFP could go first. I switched to a zaul lead and sith and stayed atop number one without change for 3 days straight!

Yet, after that three days the arena changed, other zaul teams came about and soon my shard was top ten mostly zaul. Then when more folks changed to zaul in the top 25 I noticed more rex leads came up. All of a sudden in a matter of weeks I had to watch out for the Rex leads.

Within a month the Rex leads really hurt my chances with Zaul. Soon, many chaze teams came back. So I put in boba that helped bring me back to top 5. Soon after zarris and GK showed up and wrecked my little zaul team.

Now I look at the shard and its 50% zaul, 25% rex, 25% GK with the occasional zader or even DN.

Bottom line meta changes! When everyone goes copycat on something that is when if you change to the counter you will rule!! When you look at 9/10 zaul thats when you anticipate its counter, play around with it and then destroy!

Actually quite fun! My shard has lots of variety and its difficult to stay atop even if you have the best meta, the different mods of individual players seem to be limiting superiority.
  • JRCPKT99 wrote: »
    I have to say. I find this topic to be completely bogus. I don't think that Zaul leads are overdone. My shard, November 2015 has already evolved beyond Zaul. The other players comments here are correct, the fact that 9/10 on your shard are Zaul is reflective of your shard.

We had a lot of zaul leads in the top ten for about a month there. I was quite proud of myself, I took some advice of some really strong guildmates and they lead me to a zaul/sith arena team before it became meta. At the time my shard was all zader leads with TFP. It was about whose TFP could go first. I switched to a zaul lead and sith and stayed atop number one without change for 3 days straight!

Yet, after that three days the arena changed, other zaul teams came about and soon my shard was top ten mostly zaul. Then when more folks changed to zaul in the top 25 I noticed more rex leads came up. All of a sudden in a matter of weeks I had to watch out for the Rex leads.

Within a month the Rex leads really hurt my chances with Zaul. Soon, many chaze teams came back. So I put in boba that helped bring me back to top 5. Soon after zarris and GK showed up and wrecked my little zaul team.

Now I look at the shard and its 50% zaul, 25% rex, 25% GK with the occasional zader or even DN.

Bottom line meta changes! When everyone goes copycat on something that is when if you change to the counter you will rule!! When you look at 9/10 zaul thats when you anticipate its counter, play around with it and then destroy!

Actually quite fun! My shard has lots of variety and its difficult to stay atop even if you have the best meta, the different mods of individual players seem to be limiting superiority.

With that heavy of a Rex server, has anybody ran DN lead yet? If so, how'd it go?
  • Hurkan wrote: »
    I just want to ask a question Zaul players; Are you enjoy playing againist another Zaul team? Isn't it annoying to play your all matches againist another Zaul or Rex team?
    I am already using a Rex lead team and I am capable of build a zaul team in a week but I don't want to do it. I don't want an arena shard with 20/20 zaul teams!

I'm not. I run zaul, just like everyone else in the top 10. I usually get number one since the others are in different payout timezones. The Zaul meta is garbage and it's no fun to play or play against. The other guy said it best. Dodge is back, speed is out of control, stealth, etc.

It's just not fun, but I'll take the 500 crystals a day.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    MoBlaq wrote: »
    This game is now Rock, Paper, Scissors. I kinda would like for the game to revert back to when you just saw the leader and not the whole team

It feels more like Rock, Paper, Rocket Launcher.

• Ooops, misread; I joined in Dec 2015. You server matters, but there's a difference in growth with newer shards. Players that have been around, especially early 2016 will probably have better mods and deeper rosters than servers that just started. Your server will probably just be behind many of the older shards in-terms of how the meta goes. That population of Wiggs teams is what many of us dealt with mid to late 2016 and then it evolved into Vader, Wiggs, Rex when your server was launched. No biggie, you're still relevant for sure.

Yep totally, if anything the older players have gone through more meta cycles and lack of diversity, so if anything whatever is happening with Zaul now is just echoed in the Wiggs overload in younger shards (and why I went full dark side from day one .. whoop whoop lol)

It's funny because I bought a fair amount of Chromiums early on and I had Maul maxed out a long time ago, so I was thrilled when his zeta came out. I was the first to drop a zeta on him in my server and then suddenly the top 15 is almost all Maul, so much for being different. LOL[/quote]

Yeah, thanks a lot Sam, lol
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    ScottyLee wrote: »

It's funny because I bought a fair amount of Chromiums early on and I had Maul maxed out a long time ago, so I was thrilled when his zeta came out. I was the first to drop a zeta on him in my server and then suddenly the top 15 is almost all Maul, so much for being different. LOL

Yeah, thanks a lot Sam, lol[/quote]

Scotty! It's kind of funny because I was the first to have Old Ben lead and now Maul lead. I have to stop starting these evasion leads. LOL
  • Sikho wrote: »
    MoBlaq wrote: »

It feels more like Rock, Paper, Rocket Launcher.

My server feels more like rock, faster rock, even faster rock, paper.
  • **** you and your dodges! haha
  • There is a guy on my server who has almost always been in first for months. First he was running Wiggs/Chaze, then he switched to Zaul. My old school rebel team couldn't even kill a single toon on his team. Today I tested my new Zader team against him and destroyed him without losing anyone. And by tested, I mean the fight didn't matter, because a ZQGJ(no GK) team had knocked him down to second and I already had first. I also had to bring my rebel team back out to retake first, as Zader does poorly against a Rex/Chaze team. Maul may be most popular by a wide margin, but that doesn't mean there aren't other good options, just that he is the one in favour right now. I think at least part of it is that Maul/Biggs/Ackbar is one of the two dominant setups in fleet battles, while the other usually involves Rex.
  • JRCPKT99
    292 posts Member
    JRCPKT99 wrote: »
    I have to say. I find this topic to be completely bogus. I don't think that Zaul leads are overdone. My shard, November 2015 has already evolved beyond Zaul. The other players comments here are correct, the fact that 9/10 on your shard are Zaul is reflective of your shard.

With that heavy of a Rex server, has anybody ran DN lead yet? If so, how'd it go?

Very good question. No one has that I can recall. I am very tempted to use a zeta and run a DN lead. It may be very successful and the no crits would be helpful! I will post if I do.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member

Very good question. No one has that I can recall. I am very tempted to use a zeta and run a DN lead. It may be very successful and the no crits would be helpful! I will post if I do.

Nihilus led teams counter Rex. Rex led teams counter Maul. Maul led teams counter Nihilus. Finn leads can beat pretty much anything on offense, but AI is terribad. FO is kinda in the same boat, but not quite as terribad defensive AI. But the "teams" part there is important, you do need a solid team of synergy behind those leaders, you can't just magically fix everything with the leader changing.
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »

Nihilus led teams counter Rex. Rex led teams counter Maul. Maul led teams counter Nihilus. Finn leads can beat pretty much anything on offense, but AI is terribad. FO is kinda in the same boat, but not quite as terribad defensive AI. But the "teams" part there is important, you do need a solid team of synergy behind those leaders, you can't just magically fix everything with the leader changing.

Res team can't beat zaul teams consistently on offenseive if at all.
  • Remember the days when Maul was a piece of carp and no one used him and requested he be beefed up?...
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member

I'm on a pretty rex heavy server so I switched from zaul to darth nihlus lead. It works very well if you have some good tanks. I'm able to auto most zaul teams as well, only weak against zader teams unfortunately.
  • Hurkan
    77 posts Member
    GeheNNa wrote: »
    Ohhh... poor you. I know what happens there. Everyone avoids Zauls and attacks you :D

It is true lol
  • CUFCfan616 wrote: »
    Remember the days when Maul was a piece of carp

Fishy sithy.