what team do you run, and what are you most afraid of seeing?

2Next

Replies

• TristanKnight
    31 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Current squad:

Palpatine(L) 6*
    Vader 6* (9 shards from 7*)
    Savage 7*
    Dooku 7*
    Fives 7*

I do not like seeing those resistance/rebel squads. Think they are just a bit OP.

However i just ran this in my final GW node:

Nihilus 3* (L)
    Palpatine 6*
    Vader 6*
    Savage 7*
    Fives 7*

It handled the enemy squad better than i expected. I faced:

Phasma 7* (L)
    STHan 7*
    Royal Guard 7*
    QGJ 7*
    Rey 7*
  • my team:
    nihilus (4* lvl82) lead
    maul (7* lvl82)
    palp (5* lvl80)
    vader (7* lvl80)
    jyn (4* lvl82)

with group total of 826speed and 131.91%armour, two members being only 4star and a total power being under 33k... this team lets me compete with teams around the 45k power range and gets me to the low 200 range in the arena. super effective and ultra fast. what i fear... any team with kenobi and/or chirrut.
  • I run all FO team with Zeta'd kylo and phasma. I look for all Jedi and droid teams cos I have a huge advantage. Don't really fear anyone but will typically try to avoid teams with zaul lead or teams with high end 7* GK.

I'm top 30 in a December 2015 shard, so nearly all opponents are maxed out sith or empire. Rarely see a droid, wiggs, Jedi team anymore.
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Yo! I get no 1 or 2 every day in a December 2015 shard. Running
    Zaul
    Palp
    Nihlus
    GK
    Deathtrooper
    Only 4* nihlus, 3* DT, but everyone is g11. 90-100 speed on everyone, only teams I don't like are faster zaul teams, or triple cleanse teams. Rex GK nihlus chaze gives me lots of trouble. Hit me up if you'd like to see my team in action, I have some vids
  • JynErso42 wrote: »
    From day one, I set myself the goal of putting together an all-female squad and I've succeeded. I can presently assemble and all-girl squad for every game mode accept Dark Side.

That's an interesting challenge. In light of recent developments I would say the strongest all-female team is probably:
    Jyn (L), Leia, Hera, Sabine, zBarriss

I'm assuming that Leia triggers Jyn's Protection regeneration for all rebels all the time. Haven't tested that but it should work from the ability descriptions. The team would be stronger with Chirrut and Baze instead of the two phoenix, but it should still be somewhat competitive.

It would also fit awesomely with your name and profile picture :)

I wonder if Ewoks, Javas and Tusken count? They could be female under all that fur/clothing.
    ....... is there any hard canon statement on Chewbaccas gender? ^^

• Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    McNought wrote: »
    JynErso42 wrote: »
    From day one, I set myself the goal of putting together an all-female squad and I've succeeded. I can presently assemble and all-girl squad for every game mode accept Dark Side.

That's an interesting challenge. In light of recent developments I would say the strongest all-female team is probably:
    Jyn (L), Leia, Hera, Sabine, zBarriss

I'm assuming that Leia triggers Jyn's Protection regeneration for all rebels all the time. Haven't tested that but it should work from the ability descriptions. The team would be stronger with Chirrut and Baze instead of the two phoenix, but it should still be somewhat competitive.

It would also fit awesomely with your name and profile picture :)

I wonder if Ewoks, Javas and Tusken count? They could be female under all that fur/clothing.
    ....... is there any hard canon statement on Chewbaccas gender? ^^

I'd go with Phasma, Rey, Leia, Bariss, Kylo
  • As a guy that runs dooku, stormtrooper Han is not a friend
  • I am on an relative new shard (around level 80) and running:

EP L 5*
    Vader 6*
    Boba 7*
    Kylo 7*
    Darth Sidious 7*

And there is no team i fear ecept the top 3 which all contains chaze. These 2 are unkillable. I think it would be a challenge to fight these 2 and 3 random bad toons. Baze has taunt up all the time and there is no real way to deal with him. My boba goes first and uses execute on him turn 1 just to get rid of the taunt. The problem is there are also 3 strong toons behind chaze so he gets taunt again phase 1 and you canr focus chirrut because then gets taunt again. Very frustrating.
    So the best i can do is place 4 ar payout or someone beats them and i can take the spot of the other team.
    Btw any advise to beat them?
    They contain chaze wiggs and jyn or lando.
    My problem is that chirrut became farmable and these team will show up a lot more now.
  • Rotor
    473 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Jeeeaahsus wrote: »
    My problem is that chirrut became farmable and these team will show up a lot more now.

You need a pre taunter for Wiggs. For Chaze Boba or Nihilus depends on your poison.

I fear no team in GW.... in arena that's another story.

Most teams have a counter, the issue is not getting knocked down too far when switching your team comp to beat specific teams.... and I really hate this zaul meta. dodge, dodge, stealth while stuned, dodge, dodge, stealth, dodge, dodge.

• danflorian1984
    986 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I am level 82 and I run this team:
    EP (L) 7* g9
    Vader 7* g10
    TFP 7* g9
    Boba 7* g8
    B2 6* g8
    I ususally finish top 10, yesterday I was ranked 5. I like playing against dark teams (I even beat about 2 out of 3 zaul teams). I loved playing against jedi teams, but there aren't anymore in my shard.I hate going against wiggs+chaze combo, combo used by the majority of top 30 players in my shard.
  • Actually i do not afraid from any jedi team (unless they have zeta QGJ) because sith are able to crush them most of time with stuns and ability blocks
    I generally run with Dooku(11*)(wish to make him zooku) Boba(10*) , QGJ(11*), Savage(11*), and Lumi(11*)(or Vader)
    But as i said, high speed jedi teams and rebel teams (including Rey) are not good decisions to attack ..
  • I run

Zader

Zid

TFP

Zihilus (Zetaed Wound in the Force today)

and

Shore

I manage to stay in the top 10/20 mostly and try to get faster to replace Shore with DT. ^^

518 posts Member
    I run a full clones team and as far as I see, I can beat everyone on offense considering mods. Mods do everything in Arena, the other part is knowledge you have about your squad mechanics.
  • Zaul, Sidious, Savage, Sith Assassin, Kylo Ren.
    afriad to see GK outside Jedi team, full FO team, or Chaze IN ANY KIND OF TEAM WOW.

have no problem with all the rest probably.
  • BrillO
    320 posts Member
    Jeeeaahsus wrote: »
    I am on an relative new shard (around level 80) and running:

EP L 5*
    Vader 6*
    Boba 7*
    Kylo 7*
    Darth Sidious 7*

And there is no team i fear ecept the top 3 which all contains chaze. These 2 are unkillable. I think it would be a challenge to fight these 2 and 3 random bad toons. Baze has taunt up all the time and there is no real way to deal with him. My boba goes first and uses execute on him turn 1 just to get rid of the taunt. The problem is there are also 3 strong toons behind chaze so he gets taunt again phase 1 and you canr focus chirrut because then gets taunt again. Very frustrating.
    So the best i can do is place 4 ar payout or someone beats them and i can take the spot of the other team.
    Btw any advise to beat them?

Once you zeta kylo, you'll never have a problem with a rebel chaze team ever again... but since you're probably far from that...

Your current set up is fighting an uphill battle against chaze. I'd say, try to use boba's execute to kill baze, not just to debuff(unless you can use reliable use that one turn to kill wedge). Whittle baze's protection down enough with enough hots to kill him outright.

A pre-taunter would also help a lot(shore=anti lando).

B2 might be your realistic solution, he's farmable and arguably the best debuffer in the game.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Guest wrote: »
    I run a full clones team and as far as I see, I can beat everyone on offense considering mods. Mods do everything in Arena, the other part is knowledge you have about your squad mechanics.

I have been a cloner since Rex and Echo 1st hit Aurodiums. Regardless of mods, Clones CANNOT defeat zSavage or zBariss even under the best of conditions. Rex lead, Cody lead, drop Cody and add GK under Rex...simply doesn't matter.
  • i ran droid, i fear pretty much everything

got meself barely hanging at top 50, need GG to be buffed or riot!

srsly tho, give droid another love, give zeta to someone
  • Nojow
    24 posts Member
    I run Qui-gon Jinn (zeta), Anakin, Aayla, yoda(almost zeta), and Plo Koon.

Scariest team is zaul lead, try to avoid that whenever possible.
    Another team comp that beats me fairly often would be empire lead teams with a General Kenobi, they give me some trouble.
  • Adheen92 wrote: »
    i ran droid, i fear pretty much everything

got meself barely hanging at top 50, need GG to be buffed or riot!

srsly tho, give droid another love, give zeta to someone

not another buff droids post...
  • Some reason. I'm running barris Yoda sidous jka bf and having a lot of success u could
    Do all Jedi all sith or rebels but really like this team. I fear clones
  • mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    I'm currently running Rex(l), Zylo, DN and Chaze to counter Zaul meta. I may zeta Savage today and go back to my Zaul team. Also thought about putting zeta on DN wound in the force.

Not really afraid of any team but my current team takes forever to kill off R1 team with multiple zetas and both tanks.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Enye164 wrote: »
    Factionless LineUps with some synergy - that's for me. I try to avoid already-proven line ups, as to everyone will just "look" the same.

I dont really like seeing Baze and Chirrut together on the opposing team.

I'm the only one in my top 20 without Chaze. So annoying :p