Re: Carbantis tier v reward not dropping anymore then 5 carbantis

by CG_Kozispoon

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hey devs, could we have a reply on this please ?

Message 11 of 24 (1,034 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I’ve gotten 6 once. So in a year since the carb challenges were overhauled, roughly 780 sims, I’ve received one 6 drop and zero sevens. This drop rate is either completely bugged or maliciously put this low on purpose.
Message 12 of 24 (1,015 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hiya,

This does not appear to be a bug. Our team has investigated this issue and see that 7x Carbantis are included in this reward tier.

Message 13 of 24 (1,879 Views)

★★ Novice
Thank you for responding cg_ kozispoon.
Would you be able to comment on the drop rate?
Message 14 of 24 (944 Views)

★★★ Guide

No kittens, no BS, none of that.  I play daily, I have never gotten 7 carbantis from the challenge.  I've been on board since the beginning.  Sometimes I auto, sometimes I sim, but it's NEVER happened.  0% after months and months, has it been a year since you guys changed around Challenge rewards?

Message 15 of 24 (883 Views)

★★★ Novice
Message 16 of 24 (876 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

All comments on Sowman4's thread say a lot about player's experience with this challenge. C'mon CG, this drop rate is so ridiculous, you'd better rise it x100 or just say it's 5 max.

Message 17 of 24 (866 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Their policy is to not tell us drop percentages.  Unless laws change it will likely continue to be this way.  The drop rates are very low, so may as well be 0 in numerous cases of things in the game, but just the way it is.

Message 18 of 24 (858 Views)

★★★ Guide

Two things though.  1) this kind of thing is what breeds contempt for the company.  It's just like the 5-330 pack.  It's a scheme with short term gain leaves us unable to trust anything they say or do.

2) things have been and can be changed.  CG's done a bunch of dirty-kitteny things - the goal post moving of TB platoons being high on the list - but it's clear that's how it's going to be.  But they've also made a lot of changes that's benefited the community as well.  In an effort to mitigate the hatred they do have to give on some things.  I think this 0.0001% drop rate on 7 carbanti's is one of them.  It's not even a big reward, it's stupid, really.  But when we talk gear crunch, Carbanti's are high on the list.  A couple more Carbanti's a week might even add up over a few months... and wouldn't that be nice?

Message 19 of 24 (835 Views)

★★ Apprentice
So the drop rate is maliciously put this low on purpose(.01%) rather than the drop rate being completely bugged. Good to know.
Message 20 of 24 (812 Views)