DSTB Nightsister Loop Prevented Rewards

★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Tablet
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Android Tablet
OS Version 4.4
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 349-663-293
What type of issue do you have? Missing Rewards
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Summarize your bug My daughter failed to get Territory Points for her phase 5 battle when Rebels went into an infinite loop fighting her NightSisters
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The infinite loop is a known problem - known to EA/CG at least. My daughter didn't know about it, and when she had to force-close during DSTB middle combat mission, she got 0 territory points. The "bug" as such is the lack of rewards, not the rebels gaining turn meter.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country Both Canada & US, but US at the moment

I think I've already said it all. There's a known problem with rebels gaining infinite TM against NS zombie. It should hardly take any code at all to get this battle to recognize when rebels take 100+ turns in a row and interrupt itself to offer a retreat option. Currently it doesn't do anything like that. I had to force-close the game for my daughter and no territory points were earned. 

BTW: it also caused my teenage daughter significant stress. I get it that rebels should win in this situation, but locking up her device and making her worry that she did something wrong that might harm her device - rather than just that she lost a battle - is pretty callous to the kids who enjoy your game and try out NightSisters on TB for the first time. Let the rebels win, but make sure there's an interruption of the infinite loop that permits a player to forfeit. 

You made a HUGE deal out of not letting players have infinite loops when NightSisters started doing high damage in the Sith Raid. You specifically said that EA/CG works to close infinite loops. Yet here you have an infinite loop that is causing stress and costing rewards and you haven't done anything about it despite knowing about it for months. 

I really think this would be bad community relations in any case, EA/CG. However, it looks extra bad after you just broke land speed records to close the NS infinite loop in the Sith raid. Why not do the right things for your players, eh? 

Message 1 of 3 (460 Views)

Re: DSTB Nightsister Loop Prevented Rewards

★★★ Newbie

This also happens on the Dark Side Combat mission on the 7* Side.  Please See Attached

Screenshot_2018-08-18-10-30-39.png
Screenshot_2018-08-18-10-50-11.png
Screenshot_2018-08-18-10-44-21.png
Message 2 of 3 (426 Views)

Re: DSTB Nightsister Loop Prevented Rewards

So far the developer stance is this is “working as intended.” It seems like poor design, however.

I've posted this as a suggestion in the Feedback forum, which is the appropriate place to voice our opinions about poor game design. If you comment/bump it here, perhaps it will get slightly more visibility.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/173599/please-provide-an-out-for-endless-...