Forever loop Bug in Territory Battles

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Samsung Galaxy s8+
OS Version 8.0.0
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 933383557
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Territory Battles Imperial Retaliation middle area combat mission phase 4. I used an all Nightsisters team comprised of Assaj (zeta leader), Mother Talzin, Zombie, Acolyte and Old Daka. This was the 4th round of the battles. Old Daka, Assaj and Mother Talzin were just killed, so only Zombie and Acolyte remained. Acolyte was stealth and Zombie just kept dying over and over. The battle would never end and never would get a turn. My only option was to terminate the game, which was fine, however I lost my progress of completing the previous 3 waves.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Duplicate the scenario above should duplicate the bug.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

Territory Battles Imperial Retaliation middle area combat mission phase 4. I used an all Nightsisters team comprised of Assaj (zeta leader), Mother Talzin, Zombie, Acolyte and Old Daka. This was the 4th round of the battles. Old Daka, Assaj and Mother Talzin were just killed, so only Zombie and Acolyte remained. Acolyte was stealth and Zombie just kept dying over and over. The battle would never end and never would get a turn. My only option was to terminate the game, which was fine, however I lost my progress of completing the previous 3 waves. 

Message 1 of 9 (617 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Forever loop Bug in Territory Battles

EA Live QV Team

Hi @asabresfan67 and thank you for the report.

This is working as intended and not a bug. Using a different team could prevent this from happening.

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (781 Views)

All Replies

EA Live QV Team

Hi @asabresfan67 and thank you for the report.

This is working as intended and not a bug. Using a different team could prevent this from happening.

Message 2 of 9 (782 Views)

@EA_HighCommand I would say that any system that requires a player force-close the app is suffering an unintended consequence.

Perhaps something like a timer per wave, or the game recognizing an Acolyte/Zombie loop, and causes a failure (or a prompt to forfeit), which still allows the player credit for the previous 3 waves.

★★ Novice

@EA_HighCommand is it intended for the user to need to force close the app? And also loose previous pgress and earned rewards?

Message 4 of 9 (578 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just had the same problem and had to restart the game, which is very upsetting. 

Message 5 of 9 (574 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @asabresfan67 and thank you for the question.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, but of course it is not meant to force you to hard-restart the game. What I meant was, that certain teams and abilities can lead to an endless loop because neither team is able to win. Using a different team set-up is preventing this from happening and provides you with the ability to win the battle without any issue.

Message 6 of 9 (563 Views)

Yes, unfortunately when you are stuck in an endless loop, the game offers no respite, so the only option is to force-close.

EA Live QV Team

Hi @GladOS-013 and thank you for the excellent suggestion.

Would you mind putting it on the forums section (HERE) to draw more attention and input to the topic? Thank you!

Message 8 of 9 (559 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I just experienced the same issue, as I had about a month ago. I could care less about not succeeding in wave 4, however, losing all credit for 3/4 is an unacceptable price to pay. I beat the first 3 waves and should get the points for having done so. Having no recourse but to force close the game is poor engineering in my opinion. Not happy!!

Message 9 of 9 (512 Views)