Grand Master Yoda

Replies

• Yoda nerf righ now jajajjja
  • But his skills work better for a slower character. So i doubt he is fast.
  • twaller
    123 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    This is all pretty neat but all that I really want to know what the shard shop exchange rate is. If it is 5 to 1 I guess I could live with that as F2P for a toon I really want, but we shall see soon enough I guess.
  • But his skills work better for a slower character. So i doubt he is fast.

We will see but I think they want a true counter option for Poe.
  • This was the update to make or break my continuation...and it looks worth my time. THANK YOU. Yoda, a shard shop, and some user interface amenities...THANK YOU. My 5 year-old still wants Grievous, FYI. Can you guys throw in a Sandtrooper as well while you're at it? : D
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    But his skills work better for a slower character. So i doubt he is fast.

Look how he moves, I am expecting him to be super fast.

A couple things to consider:

1) Dooku is super fast
    2) Poe is a problem.

Whether they choose to have a character that helps hinder both of these, we will find out. I am suspecting he is closer to an anti dooku, than an anti-poe. Considering he was Dooku's master, correct?
  • K_G0sling wrote: »
    This was the update to make or break my continuation...and it looks worth my time. THANK YOU. Yoda, a shard shop, and some user interface amenities...THANK YOU. My 5 year-old still wants Grievous, FYI. Can you guys throw in a Sandtrooper as well while you're at it? : D

My daughter wants Ryan Gosling as a playable character.
  • D_Millennial
    847 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    :D:D:D

The comments on that youtube video!

Had to remove that image of the comments on the YouTube video. People aren't saying very nice things :( -EA_Jesse
  • :)
    Which infos about Yoda are the official? The ones from blog or from trailer?
    BTW, infos from my sheet were right! Do that mean something more about existing toons? (at least who's in queue to add into the game, cause GM Yoda' abilities were changed 2 times)
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Manual update is later today (where you can go to the GP or App Store), forced update tomorrow, event on Thursday.

NOTE: There are a few things that were in the update notes that won't actually be in effect until tomorrow.

How long will the event last?
  • twaller
    123 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    :D:D:D

The comments on that youtube video!

Hahaha those poor saps still playing battlefront.
  • He seems cool. I won't be able to get him sadly, but I can't wait to defeat him in battle. Let the history continue and Luke outlives Yoda
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    xJazzx wrote: »
    Do you think he's fast?

LOL. He hasn't been released yet! Nobody knows! :)
    I mean, they know the current meta as well as we do and wouldn't want to make the star attraction of a big new release underwhelming. And he's fast in the movies when he wants to be. But so are Ahsoka and Ventress and they are the two slowest in the game. Who knows?

Yeah you're the most knowledgeable so I'm just seeking advance insights. Thanks. I doubt he will be first turn fast since he remove positive effects.
  • If reddit's post on yoda skills are to be believed you will see an even more cookie cutter meta where Poe is still included in every team. Fotp geno and Quigon are used since they can be played without getting buffs. The leader will still be Sid and against yoda leader teams only single attack. :/ hopefully the skills have changed since then.
  • @EA_Jesse

I wanted to ask a question about the shards as 300 is really high. I figured that it must be atleast 1 shard gives ten credits but even still 30 shards for 2 new shards is very steep.

Now i am a heavy spender and i was upset that the packs i paid real money for kept giving me characters i maxed out as it was. But this update is not giving me high hopes to continue to buy because of the steep price.

I hope you guys are considering removing characters we get to seven stars out of packs as i want to keep spending money.

@EA_Jesse

I am also a heavy spender and am curious about this as well. Depending on that and the ratio we will get for trading in our excess shards will greatly determine how much more I even spend. I have stopped spending to see what the ratio will be. It makes no sense to continue buying gems for packs that have a very low chance of giving you shards for the few characters you have that aren't already maxed.
  • EA_Jesse
    663 posts SWGOH Dev Team
    edited February 2016
    You should be able to see the ratio once the update is live later today. I'll message again here once it's available in the store to manually update.

And it is NOT a 300:1 ratio. The shop converts your Shards into a new currency that you can then use to buy character Shards.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    xJazzx wrote: »
    Yeah you're the most knowledgeable so I'm just seeking advance insights. Thanks. I doubt he will be first turn fast since he remove positive effects.

Thanks for the kind words. I post a lot though I am probably not as knowledgeable as some of the serious whales who have way more chars than I have.
    This update sounds like it drops in a few hours, and on Thursday people will start unlocking the little green guy and then we'll know.
    Folks speculating/worrying about the shard exchange rate... that we will know about even sooner. Breathe deeply folks. :)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    Thanks @EA_Jesse Yo'da' man!
  • SDziad
    150 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Oh, forgot to talk about Yoda: he's looking awesome in trailer. And, his description now is better responding his new abilities. Can't wait to see him in game!

According to trailer 100% accurancy, from blog 80%.
    "The wise thing my toon sheet is" :)
  • Yuri
    173 posts Member
    @EA_Jesse will this update be compatible with zenfone? I keep having to download apks everu time there's an update.
  • Speculation on his skills aside, Yoda himself looks **** awesome. The art guys did an amazing job on him, very excited
  • **** YEAH
  • @EA_Jesse Thanks for the awesome communication
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    update is live on IOS
  • Barrok wrote: »
    update is live on IOS

You're right
  • Ok! The update is starting to roll out to each region. Please note it may take up to 24 hours before you see the update. Tomorrow we will be doing a forced update for all players. I will try to give a heads up at that time so that you know when it's coming.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Ok! The update is starting to roll out to each region. Please note it may take up to 24 hours before you see the update. Tomorrow we will be doing a forced update for all players. I will try to give a heads up at that time so that you know when it's coming.

Thank you for the info
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    Nice communication. Thanks!

Now I just need that Android update.

:wink:

Krey
  • I appreciate the communication from cg. Thank you
  • 3 words: take my creditcard. I will pay anything reasonable to get him, he looks too good
This discussion has been closed.