Deathtrooper Grenade and Locked Buffs

Deathtrooper's grenade special is supposed to dispel all buffs on an enemy or, if the enemy has no buffs, increase the unit's cooldowns by 1. Against Boba Fett, DT cannot dispel bounty hunter's resolve, but because BHR is classified as a buff, he also does not increase cooldowns. This has occurred as the opening move of the fight, so no other buffs or anything on Boba.

For those non-devs about to chime in, I understand that this technically comports with the wording of the ability. HOWEVER, what I want to know is if this is intended behavior, or is this such a niche thing (given how few locked buffs there are and that this may possibly only occur with DT's grenade) that it just escaped review.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Interesting. Yes definitely working as described. But was this really the intention.
  • Yeah, I had no idea before, since Boba has been out of the picture recently, but one of the guys on my shard switched to a Boba lead, and I noticed it happening the couple of times I've hit him.
  • Rakim
    267 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Are you guys sure the attack wasn't dodged? I've seen multiple times where the bomb worked. In fact there was a thread not too long ago where a player complained because enemy DT was able to increase his Boba's cooldown even though he had BHR. >link to that below<
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1188288#Comment_1188288
    I also just double checked in GW and it worked as expected.
    Post edited by Rakim on
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    When I used boba in HAA Phase 4, he get killed by the ship... (He only had BHR) So IDK if it is a buff
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Rakim wrote: »
    Are you guys sure the attack wasn't dodged? I've seen multiple times where the bomb worked. In fact there was a thread not too long ago where a player complained because enemy DT was able to increase his Boba's cooldown even though he had BHR. >link to that below<
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1188288#Comment_1188288
    I also just double checked in GW and it worked as expected.

That's possible. I thought I saw him damaged, but I could be wrong. I'll keep an eye out next time I fight him.
  • Hi guys, there is actually a bug here, and has been logged. Deathtrooper grenade is increasing cooldown on units with unique buffs, and should not. Most likely the attack was evaded in the OPs scenario.
  • Hi guys, there is actually a bug here, and has been logged. Deathtrooper grenade is increasing cooldown on units with unique buffs, and should not. Most likely the attack was evaded in the OPs scenario.

So if it had hit Boba, it should not increase his cooldowns, even though it can't dispel?
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Hi guys, there is actually a bug here, and has been logged. Deathtrooper grenade is increasing cooldown on units with unique buffs, and should not. Most likely the attack was evaded in the OPs scenario.

Interesting. Looking at the mechanics I always saw DT grenade looking for a "clearable_buff" which the special buffs are not. It made sense to me that special buff should not count against an ability that can either increase cd or clear buffs.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Hi guys, there is actually a bug here, and has been logged. Deathtrooper grenade is increasing cooldown on units with unique buffs, and should not. Most likely the attack was evaded in the OPs scenario.

That doesn't make sense.
    If you can't dispel it, it should act like it isn't there.
    Post edited by Supercat on
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Rakim
    267 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

Interesting. Looking at the mechanics I always saw DT grenade looking for a "clearable_buff" which the special buffs are not. It made sense to me that special buff should not count against an ability that can either increase cd or clear buffs.

CG is opening up Pandora's box with this. If I'm remembering correctly, can't the massive damage from the tank/air drop kill characters with unique buffs? If that's the case then it makes absolutely no sense why these unique buffs should count for a move like DT's grenade. There is no buff to dispel and thus shouldn't prevent cooldown increase. Unless they plan on altering what I believe are the current rules of HAAT.
  • tharduskafka
    474 posts Member
    edited August 2017

Wait, so effectively you're saying Boba Fett or Commander Luke with the Call to Action buff or a character buffed with Back Up plan can't have their cooldowns increased? And yet it still doesn't count as a buff in HAAT.

That seems really inconsistent, pick one or the other, or alter the description so we know what the intended Behavior is.
  • Rakim
    267 posts Member
    Rakim wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »

CG is opening up Pandora's box with this. If I'm remembering correctly, can't the massive damage from the tank/air drop kill characters with unique buffs? If that's the case then it makes absolutely no sense why these unique buffs should count for a move like DT's grenade. There is no buff to dispel and thus shouldn't prevent cooldown increase. Unless they plan on altering what I believe are the current rules of HAAT.

On top of this, moves like GK's lead the charge don't call allies with locked buffs. @CG_feltz916 you're REALLY opening up Pandora's box if you decide that DT shouldn't be raising their cooldowns.

Wait, so effectively you're saying Boba Fett or Commander Luke with the Call to Action buff or a character buffed with Back Up plan can't have their cooldowns increased? And yet it still doesn't count as a buff in HAAT.

That seems really inconsistent, pick one or the other, or alter the description so we know what the intended Behavior is.

Yeah, this makes no sense
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • well everyone knows the devs absolutely love putting in inconsistency. remember when they said zylos unique shouldnt reset the cd of escape in raid because it isnt an ability? so they "fixed that bug. however this non-ability escape, is still blocked by ability blocked which makes no sense.
  • Deathtrooper's cooldown increase effect is not based on condition of the dispel, its based on whether or not the unit has a buff.

Unique buffs are still considered buffs. Unique debuffs are still considered debuffs. The only time this is not the case, is when it is specified in the description (for instance Armor Shred from Sabine)
  • Deathtrooper's cooldown increase effect is not based on condition of the dispel, its based on whether or not the unit has a buff.

Unique buffs are still considered buffs. Unique debuffs are still considered debuffs. The only time this is not the case, is when it is specified in the description (for instance Armor Shred from Sabine)

Yeah but why shouldn't it count as a buff when tank air strike comes or the main Canon attacks?
  • CT5032 wrote: »
    Yeah but why shouldn't it count as a buff when tank air strike comes or the main Canon attacks?

It should count as a buff for that purpose as well, which is is a different, although similar bug. Working to get both of these fixed soon.