Replies

• crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    I'd say wait until your daily reset.
  • MCThr33pio
    275 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    This is a HUGE update to a GREAT game.

And like any major update, there are going to be bugs - especially when the update is this big. Thanks devs, and good job - and don't sweat the problems, we'll get there together and it will be AWESOME.

( my sympathies to those of you who've had serious issues as well, and my thanks for taking those hits for the rest of us so that the devs can get those bugs ironed out - you're all heroes too! My guild has had some weird issues with chat, but so far as I know there wasn't any problems with anything else - yet. )
  • she is, you just had to wait a couple hours to open the game after reset
  • I think this one is easy to solve.
    Just give all guilds 3* completion on this Phase 1.
    Takes the heat off your back and its a nice token of gratitude for those of us who actually understand how chaotic releases as massive as this are, and that tried to complete it and simply couldn't.
    Since there are 5 more phases to come, I don't think it makes that big of a difference to the owners of the company - but to the players, its a huge "Sorry for the mess and thanks for sticking with us".
  • Z2gop
    199 posts Member
    Chat system is still not working. Also so far new battles are not user friendly. They should of done a beta test or something. So far not impressed.
  • Liamtbqh wrote: »
    I thought she was supposed to appear there now? Idk
    You have to wait til after the shard shop reset for her to show. I'm in uk and can't see her yet but I will after midnight and the shop resets.

@Liamtbqh
  • Oh god **** it, i was just reporting a possible issue for Fulcrum not showing up for some in Shard shop, theres no reason to merge it to this thread that is nothing to do with the outage.

Thank you to those who responded, I'll wait till refresh where she'll hopefully show up.
  • Zehava wrote: »
    I lost my Captain Han shards I farmed during the series of client restarts yesterday. Is this being looked into as well?

Same thing happened to me, opened up a ticket with C support and a thread on the forums but the latter disappeared ( must have been moved or something)
  • SAME HERE. 200 crystals on Han and 0 shards on one account and 3 on another.
  • Still can't get app to come up on iPad just stats checking for updates and doesn't go anywhere or it gives me the "new client" help for a novice
  • At least GK gets those nice new shades! B)
  • Slaythus wrote: »
    At least GK gets those nice new shades! B)

Hahaha, awesome.
    Yeah, GK will be my first GXII as well, those shades look goooooooooood.
  • I am quite frustrated at the devs and the direction the game is heading.

I want to be as clear as I can so please bear with me on the long post. We all started playing this game because it was truly wonderful, even if you haven´t been playing for long, the appeal of the game is the same for all. Star wars toons, gearing them up, assembling the best team, compete with others to see these toons fight each other. IT WORKS, IT´S FUN.

So, how long until it gets boring? well... a long time, but still, eventually it will get boring... So new content is desperately needed, that means new toons, new game modes, etc.

So far they have tried, the raids have been a success, and I applaud you for them, why? no one team is the best team, there are lots of possibilities to reach very good scores, and it drives you to farm a different variety of toons and expand your roster. Kudos on raids.

However, ships has been a disaster, with close to 0 new content added since its release and the part of the game I have heard people complain about the most. No real use other than the arena, which simply does not yield enough rewards for the sacrifice and simple tediousness of the effort invested. I am yet to see the impact ships make on TB so it may not be all bad, but it needs to be looked into.

Here is what really bugs me, and I will give you the numbers to back me up.The 8 most used toons in the arena as of right now are, in order: R2D2, CLS, GK, Thrawn, Nihilus, Raid Han, Baze, Chirrut. What do they all have in common? They were the most recently released/reworked toons... and that means these new releases are not meta changers, they are meta breakers... LITERALLY. Any previous meta team becomes almost completely obsolete after a new release, these toons are so ridiculously OP that the only counter possible is themselves, so you are no longer farming a fun team, you don´t get to be competitive and creative at the same time, you need to farm the new, the game breakers, or look as the rest passes you by. CLS is an iconic toon, I get it, but he has become essential in all game modes...
    Rancor raid? CLS can solo it.
    AAT raid? CLS fits almost all phases very well.
    TB? CLS again.
    Arena? you guessed it... CLS
    Just release Red V and make it the most OP ship out there as well and you have the entire game revolving around him.
    My concern is the next toons released, they will continue to spiral the power out of proportion and all this time playing will have been for nothing...

Finally, the latest thing are the constant bugs... we have been waiting for this new content for a while now, a long while... the last attempt at new content was the ewok rework and AT-ST event, which was poor at best ( I mean have you used your ewoks in any game mode lately? Teebo doesn´t count, he´s the only one they didn´t rework). Game outages, mods disappearing from deployed units in TB, the training droid thing that delayed the announced TB date... The loss of Territory points due to client outages... Take your pick. Besides, we have no room for creativity again, it was announced a long time ago that we HAD to farm the Hoth brothers, rebels, rogue one, phoenix... Hopefully there will be sufficient different territory battles going around for us to be able to decide where to invest, instead of being told what to do and severely limit our options.

My input: BALANCE power, don´t break it (only a sith thinks in absolutes), I don´t care for the next 7 ability toon with 5 zetas that can singlehandedly win matches or raids. Make zeta mats a bit more accessible, the amount of zeta abilities going around is overwhelming. Focus on eliminating the speed META. Release a new tier of difficulty for rancor raid, it has become too easy. And most importantly: If you are going to go for TB as the next big thing, don´t drop the ball half way like with ships, we need a a variety of territory battles rotating every week so as to expand our rosters in any and all ways at once.

Please don´t let this game spiral out of control and crash, I love the game and I want to help make it better.
    Hopefully no one is offended by this, but it is my 2 cents on what is wrong and how to fix it.
  • Zaraos
    771 posts Member
    Any chance of an ETA on this?, had to push our raids back and would be nice to know if will be fixed in the next couple of days.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    RNGsus wrote: »
    I am quite frustrated at the devs and the direction the game is heading.

I want to be as clear as I can so please bear with me on the long post. We all started playing this game because it was truly wonderful, even if you haven´t been playing for long, the appeal of the game is the same for all. Star wars toons, gearing them up, assembling the best team, compete with others to see these toons fight each other. IT WORKS, IT´S FUN.

So, how long until it gets boring? well... a long time, but still, eventually it will get boring... So new content is desperately needed, that means new toons, new game modes, etc.

So far they have tried, the raids have been a success, and I applaud you for them, why? no one team is the best team, there are lots of possibilities to reach very good scores, and it drives you to farm a different variety of toons and expand your roster. Kudos on raids.

However, ships has been a disaster, with close to 0 new content added since its release and the part of the game I have heard people complain about the most. No real use other than the arena, which simply does not yield enough rewards for the sacrifice and simple tediousness of the effort invested. I am yet to see the impact ships make on TB so it may not be all bad, but it needs to be looked into.

Here is what really bugs me, and I will give you the numbers to back me up.The 8 most used toons in the arena as of right now are, in order: R2D2, CLS, GK, Thrawn, Nihilus, Raid Han, Baze, Chirrut. What do they all have in common? They were the most recently released/reworked toons... and that means these new releases are not meta changers, they are meta breakers... LITERALLY. Any previous meta team becomes almost completely obsolete after a new release, these toons are so ridiculously OP that the only counter possible is themselves, so you are no longer farming a fun team, you don´t get to be competitive and creative at the same time, you need to farm the new, the game breakers, or look as the rest passes you by. CLS is an iconic toon, I get it, but he has become essential in all game modes...
    TB? CLS again.
    Just release Red V and make it the most OP ship out there as well and you have the entire game revolving around him.
    My concern is the next toons released, they will continue to spiral the power out of proportion and all this time playing will have been for nothing...

Finally, the latest thing are the constant bugs... we have been waiting for this new content for a while now, a long while... the last attempt at new content was the ewok rework and AT-ST event, which was poor at best ( I mean have you used your ewoks in any game mode lately? Teebo doesn´t count, he´s the only one they didn´t rework). Game outages, mods disappearing from deployed units in TB, the training droid thing that delayed the announced TB date... The loss of Territory points due to client outages... Take your pick. Besides, we have no room for creativity again, it was announced a long time ago that we HAD to farm the Hoth brothers, rebels, rogue one, phoenix... Hopefully there will be sufficient different territory battles going around for us to be able to decide where to invest, instead of being told what to do and severely limit our options.

My input: BALANCE power, don´t break it (only a sith thinks in absolutes), I don´t care for the next 7 ability toon with 5 zetas that can singlehandedly win matches or raids. Make zeta mats a bit more accessible, the amount of zeta abilities going around is overwhelming. Focus on eliminating the speed META. Release a new tier of difficulty for rancor raid, it has become too easy. And most importantly: If you are going to go for TB as the next big thing, don´t drop the ball half way like with ships, we need a a variety of territory battles rotating every week so as to expand our rosters in any and all ways at once.

Please don´t let this game spiral out of control and crash, I love the game and I want to help make it better.
    Hopefully no one is offended by this, but it is my 2 cents on what is wrong and how to fix it.

Im not offended but it doesnt make much sense imo. Not a great first post, welcome to the forum nevertheless.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • @RNGsus I am with the spirit of your post but I would say that TB will actually help with the meta issue because it rewards crystals. PvP payout are skewed to top 5...you can fight from 99 to 6 and the difference is 150 crystals. Now 150 crystals is pretty significant but getting 99 to 6 is an incredibly hard task.

With TB, there are crystal rewards starting at 25 stars...if you can get 100-200 crystals a week outside of arena. You no longer have to keep up with the metas.
  • RNGsus wrote: »
    I am quite frustrated at the devs and the direction the game is heading.

TB? CLS again.

Good post. I personally don't agree 100% with it, but with this particular topic I agree with a passion: powercreep is sure taking the fun out of the game. I mean, it's one thing to have a set of toons that are above others, that's called "meta" and it's fun figuring these toons out and coming out with new interactions.
    However, this policy CG has of not nerfing toons soon enough not only cripples design space, but it also makes the whole thing a matter of who's got the latest released/reworked toons and who doesn't.
    I have a big, big problem with CG not nerfing toons and how the powercreep is bringing more harm than good at this point, but honestly this is not the time for it. After TB rush fades, then we can go back to this topic because I feel a balance pass for the game is needed, a lot.
  • UPDATED: 8/31 1:50 PM, RT

Hello Heroes,

Outage: This should be fixed and Players should have normal access to the game.

I'll be posting here with status updates. <<MEGATHREAD>>
    • Team is aware of the issues with Guild Chat in game being down. 90% RESOLVED
    • In addition, we're aware of the reports via players of problems with Territory Battles and certain phases/deploy points not showing. <<MEGATHREAD>> RESOLVED
    • Error 10 when entering/ completing Combat Missions.

We're actively investigating these anomalies and will update further as the situation develops.

Thank you for your continued support and patience.

Ryan Thomas
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • In TB theres two Platoon missions that are the same at Phase 2 and 3, Rebel Supply Lines, is this WAI and does completing both stack the passive ability?
  • Saw a PSA on Reddit regarding mods being deleted if you remove them from characters. Is this known/being looked into?
    Dorth Reban
    Officer of JKW CarboKnights
    DarthDyl#9036 on Discord
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Liamtbqh wrote: »
    In TB theres two Platoon missions that are the same at Phase 2 and 3, Rebel Supply Lines, is this WAI and does completing both stack the passive ability?

When you click on the platoon mission you can see what territories they affect.
  • CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    UPDATED: 8/31 2:11 PM, RT

Hello Heroes,

Outage: This should be fixed and Players should have normal access to the game.

I'll be posting here with status updates. <<MEGATHREAD>>
    • Team is aware of the issues with Guild Chat in game being down. 90% RESOLVED
    • In addition, we're aware of the reports via players of problems with Territory Battles and certain phases/deploy points not showing. <<MEGATHREAD>> RESOLVED
    • Error 10 when entering/ completing Combat Missions. RESOLVED

We're actively investigating these anomalies and will update further as the situation develops.

Thank you for your continued support and patience.

Ryan Thomas

Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • There are some significant problems with the release that are not "merely" bugs.

there are some decidedly new features that come with TB, and they are not explained in the tutorial, nor are they easily understood through other means.

One example is Orbital Bombardment - it acts without regard to whether opponents' TM's are full, so it was not immediately apparent what was going on and why, and which opponent I needed to defeat to end the orbital bombardment. I eventually found that information (I think) by clicking on some things while targeting the Imperial Probe Droid.

As I understand it now, the IPD effectively has two turn meters, one for regular abilities, another for OB. The "speed" for OB attacks is 100, but it's not clear if this changes at all when, say, IPD receives speed up or speed down.

Other important questions are not clarified. Target Lock gives opponents' attacks extra abilities/effects - but WHAT extra abilities/effects? We should have a way to find that out, but since our opponents include many non-playable toons, we don't know and can't look it up, even if our toons routinely told us what effects might be gained when attacking a target locked enemy.

If you add gear or upgrade abilities to a toon during the 24 hour phase of a Territory Battle, does the deployed toon that now has higher Power get credit for that new Power rating with more Territory Points?

If not, the tutorial should tell us to be careful to make all of our intended upgrades before deployment. Instead, the tutorial actually forces you to deploy all your toons right away. I play in a casual guild with about 44M total Galactic Power. We shouldn't have any problem meeting the 3* requirement if everyone deploys, and though casual, we are fairly active, but as of right now we've slowed down a lot in Territory Point acquisition and are currently at 41M with 4.6M more to go ... will it make a difference if I upgrade things now? I should be able to answer that question. It's kind of important for resource management when someone finds their guild is near a target but time is running out.

If you unlock a toon while TB is running, it should give you an option to deploy that toon immediately (if the game credits your TPs when you upgrade abilities/gain levels/add gear/add stars) or otherwise give a reminder that you're not getting credit for that toon.

If the programming isn't written in such a way that it can easily credit me for my upgrades that occur during the 6 days of the week that TB is running, then you should add a "redeploy unit" feature that allows me to update deployed toons to get full credit for Territory Points. It doesn't have to allow me to change a toon from one territory to another (in fact, that should be prohibited since you can't do that now and those decisions are important strategic ones). It should merely update the current power of the deployed toon within the territory where the toon is deployed.

This is at best a stop-gap, however. The real method should update toon power at the end of the phase to give full credit. If it doesn't, then someone with a lot of cash who really needs the TPs could "buy" TPs by deploying toons one at a time (using the current system) and constantly transferring mods so that every single toon has 5 x 5* mods at the moment they are deployed. Thus if the only changes made to toons' Galactic Power come from moving mods, then some toons' GP will actually go down as other toons GP goes up. This is also fair.

In any case, the programming should be done in such a way that credit is given for upgrades - especially since 6 out of 7 days we'll have TB up and running. We're not only going to upgrade toons on Tuesday afternoons.

Also, this is the first time going through TB and so the tutorial limits options somewhat (so this may not be an issue in later TBs, hard to tell). That's understandable. However, if we're required to deploy without looking at missions, I think that's a bad idea.

We should be able to run a combat mission or other mission - even assign toons to platoon missions - before entering the deployment screen. Toons used on a mission are automatically and irrevocably "deployed" to that territory.

In later stages where you need multiple teams to complete multiple objectives, often with specific toons needed in specific territories, by accomplishing the missions first, then allocating leftover toons through the Deployment screen, you greatly simplify the Players' time spent switching back and forth between different screens in the UI.

This is an absolutely necessary feature to reduce what would otherwise be a very annoying paper/pencil task of tracking all necessary deployments before they are actually made.
  • Hi :D

I just want you to let you know that since the update, I cant see the Events like the Emperator one.

Hope you can fix all the problem soon
  • DarthDyl94 wrote: »
    Saw a PSA on Reddit regarding mods being deleted if you remove them from characters. Is this known/being looked into?

Update to this: It happened to one my own members. He lost parts of two whole sets.
    Dorth Reban
    Officer of JKW CarboKnights
    DarthDyl#9036 on Discord
  • Edit
  • I got knocked out of guild twice and now I can't get back in because I have exceeded guild transitions for the day
  • Dadbacca wrote: »
    I got knocked out of guild twice and now I can't get back in because I have exceeded guild transitions for the day

I feel you. I got knocked out this morning with the crashes & since rejoining I’m not able to even participate in TB. This sucks so bad.
    Chef Size

Ally Code: 454-245-896
    Player ID: UBkLmF5HS46j2kh_8ssEUg
  • 500 free crystals and 30 shards of the hard hoth brother just got given out
  • Mods being lost?

Wow, I am NOT crazy. That's so good to hear. It only happened to a few mods of mine, and they definitely weren't the best mods. In fact, I was replacing them with better mods, not moving them to a new toon right away. Therefore, I didn't immediately notice what happened to them, but I was sure that I hadn't re-equipped them on other toons and yet, I couldn't see them in the screen for unequipped mods.

I really, really thought I had done something stupid and just lost track of them or was misremembering the secondaries so that they really were in my inventory or ***something***.

I guess I'm not really that fussed about losing 3 or 4 mods. A couple were Mk5, but even they were pretty junky (defense primaries, no speed) and had just been stuck on toons for Crew Power in ships or I would have sold them.

Honestly, even if EA/CG were worried about this bug and even if I had a perfect memory of exactly what I'd lost, just having the credit value of the mods would be enough compensation for me - it's not like those mods were doing a lot of good except for my Crew Power. I could have sold them for credits without much loss.

But still, it's good to know I'm not crazy.
This discussion has been closed.