Hoth Rebel Soldier Territory Battle Requirements [Clarification]

Replies

• Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Veritasum wrote: »
    I'm a eat whatever plate is put in front of you kind of guy unless I really really don't want that particular plate at which point I just go elsewhere. For me none of this is really a big deal other than CG communication can be inept, misguiding, good, informative, incomplete and thorough. So all that to say, now what? What are you all going to do in response if all the allegations are true?

BTW, just because you guys saw play testing prior to release, it does not mean anything is written in stone and they can change stuff whenever they deem necessary. It's probably in the TOS somewhere. And any unofficial publication about the game is unofficial.

The youtubers were invited in by CG and the video was co-narrated by a SWGOH developer. I wouldn't exactly call that "unofficial".

Sure, but would you really call it "official"?
    It's a thin line here, I'd rather not accuse people of something I'm unsure of, in this case of "false advertisement" or "click and bait".

I didn't use either phrase - just pointing out that the youtube videos were not only released with information that had CG/EA's blessing, but actually had a SWGOH developer commentating the video.

It is a thin line - and if CG/EA decided to cross it, than in many people's opinion, there should have at least been some sort of communication prior to selling packs for the character(s) in question.

If it is just a visual bug, then, no harm, no foul.

Totally agree and I haven't even bought any packs!
  • Jamesm wrote: »
    How can people tell the requirements are different? We only have access to phase1, and unless data-mining has shown these changes... i mean there is no way for anyone to know what the requirements are til we reach those sectors.

You can click on future phases
    Indeed.

Took these straight from the publicly available version of SWGOH today:
    pJD2Z5K.png
    F8J5nuy.png
    yBfbtN6.png
    nl9mw8l.png
  • Sure hope it's a visual bug. Promotional videos are considered advertising and many purchased a product based on that advertising.

Even those that didn't buy the pack have been farming and using in-game currency based on those ads are now high and dry finding their strategy was flawed and resources went to places not needed, such as DS ships.
  • @CG_Kozispoon please clarify.
  • Yeah needs attention
  • Kissycat
    410 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I would like clarification on this. If this isn't WAI, it needs to be changed today or tomorrow as p3 hits Saturday on an American holiday weekend.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Veritasum wrote: »
    I'm a eat whatever plate is put in front of you kind of guy unless I really really don't want that particular plate at which point I just go elsewhere. For me none of this is really a big deal other than CG communication can be inept, misguiding, good, informative, incomplete and thorough. So all that to say, now what? What are you all going to do in response if all the allegations are true?

BTW, just because you guys saw play testing prior to release, it does not mean anything is written in stone and they can change stuff whenever they deem necessary. It's probably in the TOS somewhere. And any unofficial publication about the game is unofficial.

How many crystals do you get for posts like this?
  • HA
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Why not
  • Same for Captain Han Solo, I assume?

@CG_Carrie
  • In some of those media shares you allude to, a Dev mentions that DS ships will be able to be used in combat missions, yet talk around the Bacta tank is that we cannot?
    Would you be able to 'clarify' this as well please?
    Loving TB
    Doc
  • You announce this AFTER Territory Battles have launched and we can no longer switch people in our guilds?
  • CamaroAMF wrote: »
    Same for Captain Han Solo, I assume?

@CG_Carrie

Yeah, Captain Han Solo is 7* required :)
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    Same for Captain Han Solo, I assume?

@CG_Carrie

Yeah, Captain Han Solo is 7* required :)

Would've been helpful to know before yall's baited players with the packs...
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Ceodoc wrote: »
    In some of those media shares you allude to, a Dev mentions that DS ships will be able to be used in combat missions, yet talk around the Bacta tank is that we cannot?
    Loving TB
    Doc

If I understand the question correctly: All ships will be useable in TB. Just like all characters are useable.
    However, some will be required.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    My enthusiastic support is now gone and has turned into whatever the opposite of that is.

You advertised a couple of those videos as "gameplay footage".
    You did not advertise those as "sneak peeks"
    Ceodoc wrote: »
    In some of those media shares you allude to, a Dev mentions that DS ships will be able to be used in combat missions, yet talk around the Bacta tank is that we cannot?
    Loving TB
    Doc

If I understand the question correctly: All ships will be useable in TB. Just like all characters are useable.

On the current TB battle screen (previewing later phases), it states that only LS ships are allowed to use in ship combat missions. As in, DS ships are not useful.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    so if i dont have them 7* yet i cant do the mission or just their slots will be empty?
  • Could we possibly suspend the Forum Terms of Service for 24 hours to allow everyone a chance to vent their honest feelings about this?
  • @CG_Carrie bit low announcing 7* is needed AFTER you've got an enormous amount of people buying the pack to buff up to 5*
  • Terrible. Truly sad.
  • CG_RyDiggs
    536 posts SWGOH Dev Team
    edited August 2017
    benacrow wrote: »
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Loving TB
    Doc

On the current TB battle screen (previewing later phases), it states that only LS ships are allowed to use in ship combat missions. As in, DS ships are not useful.

I understand. You are correct: Outside of deployment, only Light Side ships will be able to complete missions, like on the Squad Mission.

EDIT: PS, you can check the mission requirements in the locked missions by clicking on them :)

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Well, this is a new low. I had faith that CG would make things right. Sadly, my faith was misplaced.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ty for the clarification @CG_RyDiggs @CG_Carrie on the brighter side this does give territory long legs since it will take time for some to catch up to the requirements.
    Outside of the crashes this morning I had a lot of fun so far. It's awesome to have our guilds cooperative in a goal instead of competitive. Thanks for that !!
    benacrow wrote: »
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Loving TB
    Doc

I understand. You are correct: Outside of deployment, only Light Side ships will be able to complete missions, like on the Squad Mission.

EDIT: PS, you can check the mission requirements in the locked missions by clicking on them :)

And cg deems fit to let us know only after tb is launched? And you call that good communication? Guess cg only has eyes for whales
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    30 shards? To make up for the 185 more needed?

Lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Mále wrote: »
    You announce this AFTER Territory Battles have launched and we can no longer switch people in our guilds?

We realize this isn't ideal, and as noted, we will be even more expressive that pre-release feature footage is not final.
  • It's all about the money for them. They don't care about the players, as long as they can use and abuse the Star Wars name and keep raking in the cash. The only way we could show them how we truly feel is by quitting. Which is what I'm seriously considering doing. I play this game as an escape and to socialize, not to be tied to my phone even longer each day. I think I've about had it. Also, your customer service is ****.
    BlasterBabe aka Purple Dana aka The Countess aka DD
  • Money was taken on the purchase of packs based on a game requirement that was advertised. That advertisement was false. Shame on you CG.
  • Oh and another thing. Kozispoon posting a Darth Vader meme mocking the playing community. Take a bow, your a disgrace.
This discussion has been closed.