20K Crystal Inbox Issue Thread

Replies

• Rujedi wrote: »
    It's basically a kitten move. Such cheapskates just give everyone who got him to 7* with packs the crystals it does sent cost you anything and you make a lot of players happy. But that's why people either stop spending or quit these games cause the game creators are good game makers and dumb business people....

I'd say the opposite is what's happening here. This gift doesn't cost them anything but will get large spenders to continue spending.

The equity factor here is what really sucks, although it's hard to tell who's telling the truth between content creators and EA...
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    MykCnoE wrote: »
    What about the people who are saying that they didn't spend a penny on upgrading him, but got the crystals. Are they just lying?
    I mean-
    tumblr_mpyss9WEqT1s62ax7o1_500.gif
    Anybody who 6/7 starred Captain Han Solo between his launch on 8/30 and 9/2 at 11AM received the grant. I don't want to call anyone a liar, but I'd recommend that these players contact EA Help to better illuminate their in game activity.

Imagine that email
    "Yes, EA Help, I just received 20,000 crystals and I didn't do anything to deserve them."

Lol EA help wouldn't understand the issue anyway. They never do :)
  • Woohoo!
    I 51/2* him, looking forward to my 10k Crystals!
    Because of course as a retail purchase where you admit it was missold and refund customers who paid for the deluxe version, customers who bought the missold premier version are also due a pro rata compensation.
    Credit where it is due, thank you in advance for my crystals.
    Doc
  • I only bought 5 vaults and hit 7 shards in 15 of the 20 packs I bought and 10 or 12 in the other 5 so I was a few shards short of 6 stars a t the end of the second day but spending $1000 dollars in a week doesn't put you into the group of valued customers that are able to receive refunds and told me I only qualify for 200 crystals
  • Same boat as you zalbucks. I'm certain I 6 starred him within this time frame (or if I didn't I was very close), but have also been told that I don't qualify. I do know i spent a large amount regardless, and if I had received even one drop that was higher than the uselessly low 7 shards i received i would have qualified. Really concerned about how money hungry this game has become.
  • Hello beloved Holotable heroes,

I hope you're all having a great weekend. I'm making a last attempt to clarify some questions and concerns in this thread.

I will try to answer questions for a duration, that are not understood or am able to answer, in the desire to productively provide clarity.

"These crystals were provided to players who 6 or 7 starred Captain Han Solo in the first two days of his release. Anybody who 6/7 starred CHS between his launch on 8/30 and 9/2 at 11AM received the grant. The end time was determined to be 24 hours after we announced the 5 star requirement was all that would be required for Rebel Officer Leia Organa shards."

You see here the conditions where players who made purchases in a certain time frame may have been affected by decisions made by us in that same time frame.

Only players who decided to 6* or 7* in that time window, when the requirements shifted, were affected.

Some players in this thread believe they qualified for the conditions above. If you believe your account satisfied the conditions above, please consider contacting Support in the game asking to have your account reviewed. We're happy to ensure all accounts affected are resolved correctly.

Other players in this thread seem to disagree with the policy decision itself. Please know, we do not ever intend to cause consternation or ill feelings.

We are saddened that you disagree with the action taken. We very much hope that you understand, it was our best option for the good of the game and its players.

There were pros and cons to EVERY option before us, including taking no action. The action we took was the best option our team had before us, given the limitations and options available.

We understand some players may not like or agree with the decisions we made, and that is deeply understood. We do not ever want players to feel frustrated or not enjoy the game.

Please know, significant procedural changes were made to ensure the events, like those causing this issue in the first place, are absolutely avoided at all costs in the future.

This discussion thread, for days, has provided few new views or opinions beyond continued expression of dislike of the action, which is noted, understood and processed.

I'm leaving this thread open so that you all can continue to express your opinion on the issue (within guidelines of course).

Thank you very much for your support, passion and continuing to let us know where we do great and where we can improve.

Cheers~!
    Ryan Thomas (standing in for Kozi today)
    Dev Manager
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • BadBack wrote: »
    Same boat as you zalbucks. I'm certain I 6 starred him within this time frame (or if I didn't I was very close), but have also been told that I don't qualify. I do know i spent a large amount regardless, and if I had received even one drop that was higher than the uselessly low 7 shards i received i would have qualified. Really concerned about how money hungry this game has become.

Send in a support ticket, we'll be happy to review and verify.

Tks BadBack!
  • Best way to make the issue go away is to subtly keep people from talking about it. Delete the thread, people will go crazy. But if it slowly slides away, as if interest is fading, people forget and by Monday, everyone focuses on someth8ng else.

@EvgeniKessel read through my post above. Let me know what questions aren't answered. I'm here.

• Some shady stuff going on in the "community"

Heya @FierceRevan

We're not trying to be shady. We've already specifically answered the questions we've been reading here.

The feedback that some players don't like that we decided to acknowledge a situation with Territory Battles is completely understood.

However, we're continuing on with our decision.

I'm not sure what more we can constructively add to the conversation beyond, we've read your feedback. We understand it, and are sorry you're frustrated by it.

We're always reading. ;)

RT

• No more actions on this thread today. Feel free to PM me, I'll try to answer what I can.

Cheers!
  • @CG_RyDiggs
    Can you tell us when the decision was made to refund the 20k crystals, and also why the players that were refunded did not have their CHOLOS downgraded to 5*?
  • @CG_RyDiggs
    Can you tell us when the decision was made to refund the 20k crystals, and also why the players that were refunded did not have their CHOLOS downgraded to 5*?

1. The decision was made the week of 9/17. Although discussion started the day TB showed up in game.

2. There were many options available, all had different limitations. We went through all options, and this was was deemed the most egalitarian with least risk to the players account.

There were many long in depth discussions, which I'm not privileged to disclose, but they did happen. Unfortunately, it's not realistic for me to explain each option, the pros and cons and group input on this or other decisions we make.

I hope that doesn't make you feel dismissed, but it is the truth.
  • collapsE wrote: »
    Thank you for your time @CG_RyDiggs at least someone care

@collapsE

I can assure you, after almost 10 years of making video games, Capital Games is VERY aware, we must listen to and care about our players.

Our community is our success. No community, no game, no studio.

We care. I just need you all to know, we don't plan on changing this, and we don't want you to think we aren't listening.

• Shanara68 wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs

Why downgrade, because you don't spend money and don't get what other's get...?

No. A refund is getting back what you spent and returning the purchase.

We didn't refund. We didn't downgrade.

We acknowledged that some players may have made choices during that time that may have been affected when we lowered the requirements in Territory Battles.

We took action to acknowledge that unique situation as best we could.

• evoluza wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs

@Vulture_droid

This decision was based on Territory Battles requirement changes.

Not on players who spent money or not.

Does that make sense?
  • Thank you for your post @CG_RyDiggs, I believe people take this take type of message better than .gifs that are presented to us occasionally. Shows you are taking this type of issue seriously.

Also, I wanted to bring to your attention that there were a few posts on Reddit about people putting in EA support tickets and getting a response that wasn't remotely correct. Might want to reach out to EA lvl 1 support to let them know a correct response.

Reference reddit url wih screenshot: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/71qulu/the_plot_thickens_ea_support_giving/
  • Dread wrote: »
    Thank you for your post @CG_RyDiggs, I believe people take this take type of message better than .gifs that are presented to us occasionally. Shows you are taking this type of issue seriously.

Also, I wanted to bring to your attention that there were a few posts on Reddit about people putting in EA support tickets and getting a response that wasn't remotely correct. Might want to reach out to EA lvl 1 support to let them know a correct response.

Thank you for being open to the answer, even though it may not be popular.

I'll say again, I'm just pointing out what we already said, but we do want our players to know we're listening (even on my Saturday ;) )

Re: Customer Service: yes, there was a window the day we released where some reps in Customer Service did not understand the situation.

This situation is VERY unique to Capital Games and to EA, so it also caught them off guard.

We saw a few of those tickets and corrected immediately.

Please know... Capital Games, EA and everyone involved NEVER, EVER wants to risk this happening again.

Ever :(
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Shanara68 wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs

We acknowledged that some players may have made choices during that time that may have been affected when we lowered the requirements in Territory Battles.

I understand, I know these things can't go both ways. Still just seems very Republican to me.

We hear you, but it was not meant to 'entitle' any certain group of 'spend'.

It was SOLELY based on the changes we did in Territory Battles, which created a situation we felt needed to be addressed.

Like I said above, doing nothing was an option. And we didn't like that either.

Know that we never want to put the game or our players through a situation like this again.

We need you all happy. We work to keep that up as much as possible.

• EXPANCE
    13 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    @CG_RyDiggs

Not a refund and not a downgrade, you basicly gave a small player base a free character. If you guys don't put him in GW shipments like you did with the K20 fiasco I'll be real disappointed.
  • EXPANCE wrote: »

Not a refund and not a downgrade, you basicly gave a small player base a free character. If you guys don't put him in GW shipments like you did with the K20 fiasco I'll be real disappointed.

We will have to agree to disagree here.

20k crystals isn't nearly enough to take Captain Han Solo from 5* to 7*.

You do understand this was about the Territory Battles requirements of Captain Han Solo needing to be 7* when we launched Territory Battles, correct?
  • Javik
    246 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    For those of you complaining, this is more or less a refund to those who purchased many of the packs of Captain Han Solo and got him to the required rarity for territory battle. If you did not get it; it is because you did not spend thousands of crystals. This is more like a refund then it is a reward. It would be wrong if they gave them back the crystals and took away all those shards as well.
  • CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    EXPANCE wrote: »

I love this game. I think you're doing the best you can right now... But... Yikes. That is just a scary thought.
  • gatormatt wrote: »

I love this game. I think you're doing the best you can right now... But... Yikes. That is just a scary thought.

Well, how many shards total do you need to go take ANY character from 5* to 7*?

Then average how much those 5-330 shard packs deliver... and you have an average...
    EXPANCE wrote: »

gatormatt wrote: »

Then average how much those 5-330 shard packs deliver... and you have an average...

I think you missed my point.
    @CG_RyDiggs

I understand, I know these things can't go both ways. Still just seems very Republican to me.

It was SOLELY based on the changes we did in Territory Battles, which created a situation we felt needed to be addressed.

Know that we never want to put the game or our players through a situation like this again.

Let's hope not, for the games sake. Thank you for your clarification. I'm moving forward. If the next TB update allows me and my officers a better way of organizing TB I'll be happy. That will be enough for me to forget this ever happened. Lol. Thanks again.

TB enhancement plans are already in place. Improving Guild Lead and Officer coordination are high candidates. Great to hear we're going in the right direction :)
  • C3hyp77
    162 posts Member
    edited September 2017

Well
    @CG_RyDiggs

So it was because of those who 7*starred CHS in the timeframe CHS was a 7* requirement in the Leia mission?

Then I understand it better :) Still a little “mad”, but I understand

I think you missed my point.

/facepalm

I'm being too serious, my apologies :)

Yes, we set many long term goals in the game for players to work towards. Almost all of them can be gotten over time. As slowly or as quickly as you choose.

China didn't create the Great Wall in a month, but it was finished and stands today. ;)
This discussion has been closed.