Territory Wars Overview [Mega]

Replies

• Gawejn
    1105 posts Member
    So what is this about rewards in TW? Is this true that you can have zeta as rewards?
  • warmonkey wrote: »
    Some problems I foresee: people are tired of fighting cls and gk/zariss teams in both arena and GW. More of this is not good at all. Personally, I am so bored of it I don't even care about arena rank anymore or the reward.

Mods. If we have to move mods everytime for this without a complete overhaul of your system to make it not ridiculously annoying and tedious to do this will cause a ton of burnout. A lot of us are already not bothering with changing mods for TB or even arena anymore.

If this is anything like TB for officers where it takes up way too much time that is not good. If it's anything like TB for guild members people will get burnout from all the officer tags annoying them with directions all day long.

Game is too much content that is not interesting right now, such as only fighting storm troopers over and over again with weird mechanics.

Make mods not be awful to move, don't need to make it fun just not so tedious.
    Have defensive bonuses for squads. Such as add stealth chance to a bounty hunter team or actually stealth to everyone or just remove counter attacks from cls. Or how about allowing us to use a team without r2.

People love this game and we have stuck with it for almost two years now but recently people are not loving this TB style play. If the gameplay is not exciting or fun then you need to provide a much bigger, much more delicious carrot for us to follow.

The rewards do not make people happy or pleased with the amount of boredom and fruatration involved in receiving them, so far.

Not sure if you noticed but they did say in the post that there may well be faction bonuses on varying scenarios. Also if you move mods around after the Player lock phase then it wont count in TW. So moot point about moving mods. You stick your mods on and thats what you live with.
    Some problems I foresee: people are tired of fighting cls and gk/zariss teams in both arena and GW. More of this is not good at all. Personally, I am so bored of it I don't even care about arena rank anymore or the reward.

Mods. If we have to move mods everytime for this without a complete overhaul of your system to make it not ridiculously annoying and tedious to do this will cause a ton of burnout. A lot of us are already not bothering with changing mods for TB or even arena anymore.

If this is anything like TB for officers where it takes up way too much time that is not good. If it's anything like TB for guild members people will get burnout from all the officer tags annoying them with directions all day long.

Game is too much content that is not interesting right now, such as only fighting storm troopers over and over again with weird mechanics.

Have defensive bonuses for squads. Such as add stealth chance to a bounty hunter team or actually stealth to everyone or just remove counter attacks from cls. Or how about allowing us to use a team without r2.

People love this game and we have stuck with it for almost two years now but recently people are not loving this TB style play. If the gameplay is not exciting or fun then you need to provide a much bigger, much more delicious carrot for us to follow.

The rewards do not make people happy or pleased with the amount of boredom and fruatration involved in receiving them, so far.

Not sure if you noticed but they did say in the post that there may well be faction bonuses on varying scenarios. Also if you move mods around after the Player lock phase then it wont count in TW. So moot point about moving mods. You stick your mods on and thats what you live with.

Oh so every week people need to move mods for TB then back again, then for gvg and then back again, over and over and over and over again. Not sure what your point is?

What faction bonuses are gonna be useful vs never ending waves of cls counter attack teams? Need stealth and specifically r2 as it is now. Game is already stale since most of us are tired of fighting same exact teams in GW and arena everyday. Adding more of this with gvg is not exciting for most.
    warmonkey wrote: »

Oh so every week people need to move mods for TB then back again, then for gvg and then back again, over and over and over and over again. Not sure what your point is?

What faction bonuses are gonna be useful vs never ending waves of cls counter attack teams? Need stealth and specifically r2 as it is now. Game is already stale since most of us are tired of fighting same exact teams in GW and arena everyday. Adding more of this with gvg is not exciting for most.

Those poor officers -will now have to go through rosters and certain teams and where to put them. And you know I never thought about your point of the same teams over and over. It’s really true the meta transcends to all.
    I will say I have adapted and now enjoy ls tb. But totally see the point where it’s just snow troopers over and over. I was really hoping ds tb would be more fun.
    Mods are still an issue- 100 percent drop rate is fantastic but should have always been there. They should also have a separate energy. The problem with tbs and tws is that it’s not like the raids at all where if you are efficient you need 5 teams and at minimum 5 sets of mods for each phase (1 team for all rancor) now with tb you need more toons their gear their mods. With tw it’s the same thing but even more so.
  • Oh so every week people need to move mods for TB then back again, then for gvg and then back again, over and over and over and over again. Not sure what your point is?

What faction bonuses are gonna be useful vs never ending waves of cls counter attack teams? Need stealth and specifically r2 as it is now. Game is already stale since most of us are tired of fighting same exact teams in GW and arena everyday. Adding more of this with gvg is not exciting for most.[/quote]

Why would you need to move them? Why cant you use the same squads you use in TB as you do in GVG? r2 is also not the only source of stealth. If CLS is in every squad that the guild you are in is attacking well that means you arent being attacked by 50 CLS squads. Tbh im not really seeing what your post achieves apart from saying can i have an instant nullifcation of this 1 squad please when there are plenty of squads that work
    warmonkey wrote: »

Take it easy and don’t move mods :). They don’t make any difference anymore (let’s say between +60 and +90 speed which are the most common). At some point you will need to sacrifice offense, CC and health/prot for speed and AI can’t use the speed advantage for many toons.
  • I just don't get it. People already complaining about the endless waves of the SAME EXACT troops in TB. 6/6 waves over multiple battles over 6 phases.....
    So... the NEW thing will be endless waves of the SAME EXACT troops in TW. I guess we're 'lucky' in that it won't be 6/6 waves - just one really painful one.
    And because that's what it'll take to be effective, I guess we need to start kicking everyone out that doesn't have CLS. Because, you know, who knows when it'll really come back.
    Again, this sounded like an idea that would be fun?
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • I have read most of this thread, one question never answered is how guild matches are set... I am in an active guild with just under 100mil NW. If we are matched vs a guild with similar networth then GW would be an interesting challenge. But if we end up facing a 40mil or 140mil guild then the whole system becomes pointless.

I get that the whole point is to pit whale guilds vs each other, and try to create competitive spending. I just wonder that the gameplay would look like down the line.

Facing whales running metas in areana and gw never made me want to spend, it just makes me what to delete the game.
  • Ztyle wrote: »
    You won, You Survived, Your out for the rest of the war? seriously? Tournaments anyone?
    I'm not buying the 'meta' explanation

I’m totally buying them meta explanation. Otherwise what’s to stop meta squads from rolling through the whole thing. This allows you to utilize lower ranking members to deal with lower level defenses and forces meta’s to battle other meta’s.
    The only people who will disagree are people who want to win and have meta squads.
  • I just don't get it. People already complaining about the endless waves of the SAME EXACT troops in TB. 6/6 waves over multiple battles over 6 phases.....
    So... the NEW thing will be endless waves of the SAME EXACT troops in TW. I guess we're 'lucky' in that it won't be 6/6 waves - just one really painful one.
    And because that's what it'll take to be effective, I guess we need to start kicking everyone out that doesn't have CLS. Because, you know, who knows when it'll really come back.

I dont get this. Thats what this game is.... fighting waves of characters. Maybe you're bored with it and that's fine but i dont know why some are expecting a major game play shift at this point.
  • Gawejn wrote: »
    So what is this about rewards in TW? Is this true that you can have zeta as rewards?

That's what's showing up in the beta, but based on past mix-ups, I wouldn't count on it until it's announced here or you see it in the game.
  • Jamesm wrote: »
    I just don't get it. People already complaining about the endless waves of the SAME EXACT troops in TB. 6/6 waves over multiple battles over 6 phases.....

I dont get this. Thats what this game is.... fighting waves of characters. Maybe you're bored with it and that's fine but i dont know why some are expecting a major game play shift at this point.

Because NO ONE wants Tournaments 2.0. Yes, parts of this game are very boring due to a high volume of repetition. Been playing since game start - I got my two year anniversary with SWGOH coming up too. New content needs to address monotony not cater to it.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • I'm hoping that they implement random unit restrictions for defense areas for all but the last tier of the war, which applies equally to both teams (both sides have the same areas with the same restrictions). So you might get a territory that has "Jawas & Nighsisters", "Separatists & Ewoks", or "Support only" where you can only use those particular units on defense. That'd break up the monotony of slogging though the same arena teams I see in Arena and GW. The factions could be weighted by effectiveness so you don't get something insane like "Rebels and Jedi".
    If these change every TW it'd make them a much more unique experience than TB currently is.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • kalidor wrote: »
    I'm hoping that they implement random unit restrictions for defense areas for all but the last tier of the war, which applies equally to both teams (both sides have the same areas with the same restrictions). So you might get a territory that has "Jawas & Nighsisters", "Separatists & Ewoks", or "Support only" where you can only use those particular units on defense. That'd break up the monotony of slogging though the same arena teams I see in Arena and GW. The factions could be weighted by effectiveness so you don't get something insane like "Rebels and Jedi".
    If these change every TW it'd make them a much more unique experience than TB currently is.
    Genius, really. I'd spend more money to get this guy on the dev team. So long as requirements are 1) random and 2) same for both sides. Then people will use CLS on offense, but at least on OFFENSE we can fight different teams.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • kalidor wrote: »
    I'm hoping that they implement random unit restrictions for defense areas for all but the last tier of the war, which applies equally to both teams (both sides have the same areas with the same restrictions). So you might get a territory that has "Jawas & Nighsisters", "Separatists & Ewoks", or "Support only" where you can only use those particular units on defense. That'd break up the monotony of slogging though the same arena teams I see in Arena and GW. The factions could be weighted by effectiveness so you don't get something insane like "Rebels and Jedi".

I'd like to see something lile this as well.
    Don't know if that's 100% the right answer... but as I'm looking at all the territories I'm feeling a bit paralyzed by indecision.

Should I throw all my weal squads up and make a meat wall? Out of the two front territories, which is the priority?

Sure, I can try to coordinate with my guild, but that can be a big blocker. I'd like something in here to help make my decisions easier.
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Well so far it has been totally boring, being honest i never thought it could be any worse than TB but i have been proved wrong.

First almost 48 hours you can "enter" the TW just to register you want to continue.... fair enough hopefully more time was needed for everyone joining guilds etc so the time when live should be less but even then 24 hours just to click a button and nothing else is too much.

The next 24 hours you can set a few defensive teams.... nothing else.

Another 24 hours you can then set your attacking teams..... nothing else.

Seriously it is a total bore and if having TB Light/ TW / TB Dark running constantly is just going to kill the game. yes ok the massive whale guilds will be happy to flex their muscles but for all other guilds this is going to be a mega chore and not much more.

Even the "possible" rewards are not worth it for participation GP of between 60million - 119.90million GP you get 2 Zeta's, 1x Tier 7 salvage + roughly 1000 Guild Tokens.
    for 120million GP + you get an extra Zeta and some more Guild Tokens.

really not worth it for 4/5 days worth of being bored.

I cannot comment on the new Leader / Officer tools as the Leader of the guild i joined refuses to allow anyone to be made an officer except the people from his main game guild. so much for Beta being about testing all areas too late to move guild now so just have to wait until release of the new tools.

I really dont see anything to be positive about this TW at all it is just tournaments souped up to look better and you dont get a choice of which guild you get paired with either you could be lucky and get a lower GP guild or get matched with one much higher GP....

From the beta i have noticed the buffs / debuffs no longer fill the screen instead they have a number above each stating how many so it is much easier and better to see, please keep this in the update it will be a big QOL improvement that has been long awaited.
    And the 2 minute challenge cooldowns that is a much better change also

not really noticed anything else as yet except Slave1 seems to have a new / different attack maybe a dev can confirm this and give a bit more info on it @CG_Kozispoon / @CG_RyDiggs

2 days of being in a Beta guild and my findings so far, i know there will be plenty who agree and plenty who disagree but we where asked for feedback.
    Post edited by LynnYoda on
  • Goober1_
    472 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    It's not at all like it was assumed.
    It is almost all about strategy.
    U won't be fighting one type of sqaud only unless opposing guild are not smart
    Note to devs:
    The reward seems strange to me.
    Looks like reward is based n gp only. So difference between winning and losing is what?
    Leader board?
    Post edited by Goober1_ on
  • Svo
    62 posts Member
    Does anyone know if there is going to be a beta for iOS users or do we have to wait till the official release
  • Goober1_ wrote: »
    It's not at all like it was assumed.

Looks like reward is based n gp only. So difference between winning and losing is what?
    Leader board?

I thought that, too, then noticed there are first and second place tiers for rewards. You get an extra zeta and few more credits if you win. Not a huge difference though between the two.

• LynnYoda wrote: »
    Well so far it has been totally boring, being honest i never thought it could be any worse than TB but i have been proved wrong.

First almost 48 hours you can "enter" the TW just to register you want to continue.... fair enough hopefully more time was needed for everyone joining guilds etc so the time when live should be less but even then 24 hours just to click a button and nothing else is too much.

The next 24 hours you can set a few defensive teams.... nothing else.

Another 24 hours you can then set your attacking teams..... nothing else.

Seriously it is a total bore and if having TB Light/ TW / TB Dark running constantly is just going to kill the game. yes ok the massive whale guilds will be happy to flex their muscles but for all other guilds this is going to be a mega chore and not much more.

Even the "possible" rewards are not worth it for participation GP of between 60million - 119.90million GP you get 2 Zeta's, 1x Tier 7 salvage + roughly 1000 Guild Tokens.
    for 120million GP + you get an extra Zeta and some more Guild Tokens.

really not worth it for 4/5 days worth of being bored.

I cannot comment on the new Leader / Officer tools as the Leader of the guild i joined refuses to allow anyone to be made an officer except the people from his main game guild. so much for Beta being about testing all areas too late to move guild now so just have to wait until release of the new tools.

I really dont see anything to be positive about this TW at all it is just tournaments souped up to look better and you dont get a choice of which guild you get paired with either you could be lucky and get a lower GP guild or get matched with one much higher GP....

From the beta i have noticed the buffs / debuffs no longer fill the screen instead they have a number above each stating how many so it is much easier and better to see, please keep this in the update it will be a big QOL improvement that has been long awaited.

not really noticed anything else as yet except Slave1 seems to have a new / different attack maybe a dev can confirm this and give a bit more info on it @CG_Kozispoon / @CG_RyDiggs

2 days of being in a Beta guild and my findings so far, i know there will be plenty who agree and plenty who disagree but we where asked for feedback.

People complain that things take up too much time and now people are complaining that theres not enough time being taken up.....its seems like its meant to be a one dayish thing. Theres just a few days of set up. Some guilds have ppl all over the world so having 24 hr phases help everyone get involved even if it means some down time.

.... (see original post)

@LynnYoda
    Thank you very much for the feedback.

As others have noted, players at the Elder game (pushing past level 85) are noting that Raids and Events and daily activities take up various amounts of time.

We're definitely looking for ways for players to participate in a world wide event, but not cost players too much time. It's a balancing act we'll keep working at.

Again, your feedback is appreciated and we'll keep working to bring you interesting things to do in the game ;)

Cheers!
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes

Just wanted to touch on this. Getting a few zetas for basically just showing up is great with me. If you don't want yours, I'll take them. :)

• Weaver9000
    202 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    LynnYoda wrote: »

Just wanted to touch on this. Getting a few zetas for basically just showing up is great with me. If you don't want yours, I'll take them. :)

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm okay with this. It feels nice to have a game mode that won't cause in guild uproar, or people to kick low GP members out.

Edit: that being said @CG_RyDiggs the rewards do currently feel a bit lackluster. For an event running 3 days to hold my attention span amongst raids and TB, and farming etc, the rewards need to be memorable.

As is I could easily forget to participate and not really feel like I'm missing out

Anecdotal story: I missed out of a Heroic AAT Raid the other day, amd was kinda kicking myself. It's important to me to participate even a little, because the rewards are good. Same with TB.

With this, if I forgot to participate, and as a result we lost? Meh. Not as worried.

Maybe increase the rewards you currently have based on Active GP. I think having the win/lose reward pools be simillar is great. Just make sure it's worth everyone's time to really participate.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    UPDATE 11/15
    I've appended the original Megapost in order to address player feedback and questions. Apologies if I did not address your particular query, but hopefully this will illuminate some points as we all excitedly await the launch of Territory Wars.

The dominant strategy will be to set all CLS squads on defense
    While putting your best squads on defense is one way to go, there are some shortcomings with that strategy to consider:
    • Players attacking a squad can choose a squad that has a strategic advantage over the defensive squad (for example Night Sisters have proven to be strong against CLS squads)
    • The attacking player has a clear strategic advantage over an AI controlled defensive squad
    • A Guild earns the most banners by conquering a territory, so setting strong defenses is smart to mitigate the other Guild conquering your territories, however, if all your best squads are put on defense then your guild will be unlikely to defeat any of the opponent Territories. Given the advantage players have on offense, this is a risky strategy.

Guild Currency isn’t a compelling reward from Territory Wars
    • A reorganization of the Guild Store will occur with our impending Version Update that will provide additional valuable items to purchase. Please stay tuned!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • DasMurich
    245 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    IMPENDING VERSION UPDATE!!!!???? Is this a QoL update? Is it!!! I MUST KNOW! Just yes or no! I just want to know it's there! Lol

You remember that scene with Artax? In the Swamp of Sadness?
  • Would be nice to see total GP of the squads deployed somewhere here. That way I know at a glance what areas are weaker and need more support.
    Officers could then have policies like "500k GP defense per territory, deploy appripriately" or something.

TG0SQ0A.jpg

• The dominant strategy will be to set all CLS squads on defense
    While putting your best squads on defense is one way to go, there are some shortcomings with that strategy to consider:
    • Players attacking a squad can choose a squad that has a strategic advantage over the defensive squad (for example Night Sisters have proven to be strong against CLS squads)
    • The attacking player has a clear strategic advantage over an AI controlled defensive squad
    • A Guild earns the most banners by conquering a territory, so setting strong defenses is smart to mitigate the other Guild conquering your territories, however, if all your best squads are put on defense then your guild will be unlikely to defeat any of the opponent Territories. Given the advantage players have on offense, this is a risky strategy.

I don't think you guys realize how bad the AI is for a lot of characters, or maybe you do but you just don't care. Bad AI is going to pretty much determines who gets used on offense or defense. For example I could leave a Chaze or a zBarriss on some defensive squads and its worth it because a lot of their value comes from passive features AI can't screw up using, where as leaving a Hermit Yoda on defense isn't going to happen because the AI is so bad he sits there spamming his basic instead of using zeta'd Strength Flows From the Force. Or perhaps resistance...I've heard quite often how if you use them in arena they're great on offense and drop like a rock on defense. Think anyone is going to be dropping resistance squads on defense?

Even if we don't see a wall of CLS on defense, we probably won't see a lot of variety either.
  • UPDATE 11/15
    I've appended the original Megapost in order to address player feedback and questions. Apologies if I did not address your particular query, but hopefully this will illuminate some points as we all excitedly await the launch of Territory Wars.

The dominant strategy will be to set all CLS squads on defense

Guild Currency isn’t a compelling reward from Territory Wars
    • A reorganization of the Guild Store will occur with our impending Version Update that will provide additional valuable items to purchase. Please stay tuned!

Guild store makeover sounds great. I will politely disagree with NS being a counter for CLS (while they do work quite well) CLS counter is still very much so CLS. And considering MT trapped in her events for a year plus does tw have star limits like tb? (iOS user yeah yeah I know all the arguments)
  • I’m atually thrilled for this, if I’m understanding it correctly (I haven’t seen the beta). This appears to be the first mode that literally lets you use your entire roster. That 30k Power Ewok team I have? I can find a crappy defensive team and use them to take it out (or use them as a crappy defensive team to burn some characters on the other side).

To me that’s exciting. I can’t use my Ewoks in any other mode really. Or my bounty hunter team. Or whatever it is I have that isn’t good enough for top level content. It gives me a chance to get enjoyment out of these characters without feeling forced to take them to G12.
This discussion has been closed.