Google Again?

Add one (or 10,000) more points to Google folks. "Unrestricted Beta" for Territory Wars is restricted- to those of us playing on an Apple device. Really? I appreciate the direction the game has been going lately and how it's been feeling, but Google/Android devices get a massive promo (issues aside) and now free testing to the new game mode? We get to let 10,000 people get an early look on the newest way to earn gear and compete with others for nothing other than having chosen the right system? Every participant will have the ability to make their Guild better, and especially themselves, when this feature goes live. Every if you do have guildmates who get in on this, there's nothing like firsthand experience to learn how to destroy your opponents- and this is what half the playerbase gets while the other is left out, once again.

What's the reason Google devices are getting these advantages? Another sponsorship offer made like before? If Apple doesn't accept one, if it was offered, then so be it. I'm simply very, very curious as to why the imbalance has now grown more and doesn't look like it'll stop soon.

If this isn't where it should be posted, oh well. I thank whoever takes care of it and those who chime in on the discussion about this.

Replies

• Ezeziel
    184 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Because they bought the exclusive in their giftcard deal..?
  • Ezeziel wrote: »
    Because they bought the exclusive in their giftcard deal..?

I figured increased sales and the sponsorship would've been the deal there. Last time that happened, it was what, K-2S0? Now it's a new game mode preview. Big difference.
  • I was wondering the exact same thing.
  • Its because of the operating system.
  • Jamesm wrote: »
    Its because of the operating system.

This is the only reason I could completely believe so I hope it's true. Can't do a transfer or set up an emulator in time if you didn't already have one, so there's still nearly no way someone maining an Apple device can participate.
  • Jamesm wrote: »

How do you explain the previous promotions that Google has gotten. As an iOS user, and one that has spent plenty on this game, I find I real kick in the gonads that Android users gets these promotions.
  • You can't sideload apps on an iOS without jailbreaking your phone.
  • Love it RIP Apple :P
  • Aronael wrote: »
    Add one (or 10,000) more points to Google folks. "Unrestricted Beta" for Territory Wars is restricted- to those of us playing on an Apple device. Really? I appreciate the direction the game has been going lately and how it's been feeling, but Google/Android devices get a massive promo (issues aside) and now free testing to the new game mode? We get to let 10,000 people get an early look on the newest way to earn gear and compete with others for nothing other than having chosen the right system? Every participant will have the ability to make their Guild better, and especially themselves, when this feature goes live. Every if you do have guildmates who get in on this, there's nothing like firsthand experience to learn how to destroy your opponents- and this is what half the playerbase gets while the other is left out, once again.

What's the reason Google devices are getting these advantages? Another sponsorship offer made like before? If Apple doesn't accept one, if it was offered, then so be it. I'm simply very, very curious as to why the imbalance has now grown more and doesn't look like it'll stop soon.

If this isn't where it should be posted, oh well. I thank whoever takes care of it and those who chime in on the discussion about this.

It because android operating system allows it to beta test and apple doesn't.
  • JKDude01 wrote: »
    Jamesm wrote: »

How do you explain the previous promotions that Google has gotten. As an iOS user, and one that has spent plenty on this game, I find I real kick in the gonads that Android users gets these promotions.

This isnt a promotion its a beta. The previous promotions were due to google being willing to pay for them where apple has not.

• JKDude01 wrote: »
    Jamesm wrote: »

That was promotions sponsored by android they like customers better than apple. I say this playing on a iPhone 7
  • EA hates Apple confirmed
  • BlackV
    4 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    nevermind
  • Hey all,

Please know that it is our technical limitations preventing iOS. It is not at all a choice we wanted, but a compromise we had to choose. Apple are great partners and we hope to do more promotions with them like we have in the past (Resistance, World Wildlife Fund, and others).

While we would love to expand the Beta to all platforms, our time and technical limitations forced us to one.

Thank you for letting us know the vigorous desire for iOS BETA builds. You're confirming what we had suspected all along. :wink:

Cheers!
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes