What is the point of the preview phase?

We're all there but there's nothing to preview. We can't see anymore details than before. We can goof around in the rest of the beta world, but as far as the TW is concerned, what's the point of the preview phase? We could theoretically be organizing ourselves but since we don't know what to organize for ...?

Replies

• Options
    I think we are simply registering for the TW. It's like the 24 hr 0 dmg rule that many guilds have for Pit Raid. The only other benefit I see is that we get to see the faction buffs available for the TW. For instance, in this TW, First Order and Resistance get special buffs. So, you might want to optimize your mods on those squads before the preview period ends and your roster gets locked.

Other than that, I don't see much point to the preview. Every territory looks the same to me ... are they supposed to be different?
  • Options
    We're all there but there's nothing to preview. We can't see anymore details than before. We can goof around in the rest of the beta world, but as far as the TW is concerned, what's the point of the preview phase? We could theoretically be organizing ourselves but since we don't know what to organize for ...?

I highly recommend you organize into a guild with 25+ members all joined into the Territory War. And have fun till the war starts ;)

Yes, it is the 'get ready' phase before the guilds LOCK IN.
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • Options
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »

I highly recommend you organize into a guild with 25+ members all joined into the Territory War. And have fun till the war starts ;)

Yes, it is the 'get ready' phase before the guilds LOCK IN.

I'm in a guild 50 strong but we're all cramping up from being in the blocks so long! :)

• Options
    It's so they can see who's "in" so they can make a good match to another guild. If you have a 90m GP guild but half of them are on vacation and can't play you would automatically lose if they didn't have this "check in" phase. This way you'll always automatically have a chance and a good match up.
  • Options
    NShweky wrote: »
    It's so they can see who's "in" so they can make a good match to another guild. If you have a 90m GP guild but half of them are on vacation and can't play you would automatically lose if they didn't have this "check in" phase. This way you'll always automatically have a chance and a good match up.

Correct ;)
  • Options
    Ah, okay, that makes sense.
  • Options

Correct ;)

When TW goes live do you already have to be in the guild when preview starts to lock in or can you join a Guild in preview phase and then lock in?
  • Options
    Hakalugy wrote: »

Correct ;)

When TW goes live do you already have to be in the guild when preview starts to lock in or can you join a Guild in preview phase and then lock in?

Its beta so cant 100% confirm, but I joined after changing guilds during the preview and was able to participate.
  • Options